Sign in to follow this  
kirt08

Loosing Weight and a Tummy Tuck

Hey! Ive got my referral from doc and having my consult with surgeon tomoz. Im not sure If I should loose more weight prior to surgery and delay it for a few months or just still plan for surgery sooner and loose more weight afterwards. I just feel that the tt will help with the motivation to tone and shape my bum arms thighs etc once ive got all this loose skin/fat gone from my tummy. Thoughts?

How far away are you from your goal weight? I was 2 kilos off mine when I went for my TT. I think it is good to be in your best condition to aid recovery but I totally get wanting to look better before embarking on an exercise regime.

Maybe just drop a few kilos via diet alone first. I find the 5:2 diet the easiest ever.

My PS advised that I should be at a stable weight as significant weight gain/loss would effect the results... I'm still hoping to drop 1 more kg before my surgery but to be honest I've been this weight since 2010 (aside from the 20 kg weight gain during both pregnancies that I lost both times) so I don't think I'm going to get there and if I do I suspect I'll gain it again as my body loves the number 65 lol

Hi Wright-km,

Remember the TT will take off at least a KG I had 1.7kg removed from my tummy and 650g off each boob

I can't believe the difference, I have also lost 5 kg from watching my sugar intake in the 8 weeks since surgery

I Love The new me.

I need to get to around 60kg my goal .... 

I started the isagenix program 3 weeks ago i was 69kg im now 65.8kg and have lost 10.6 cm in total...its working for me i think ...i have until April 6th 2015...

mumO5

I have tentatively booked abdominoplasty and brachioplasty to be done together on 8.1.15.  So nervous, but excited!  I am still about 6kg from my ideal weight, so when I saw the surgeon I asked him if I should lose that first before surgery. {I have an apple shape body, so my stomach starts from under my boobs and goes out into a semicircle down to my pubic line - it has always been like that even when I was young and thin.  The surgeon told me that in fact it was better to get the tummy tuck and arms done first, then lose the extra weight.  He said since he will be taking all the fat and skin from the bottom of my belly, and some liposuction up as far as he can go, and taken all the skin and fat from my arms, that the 6kg or so I lose will come from the only place on my body that still has fat to lose - ie: from the top part of my stomach [i have skinny legs - I look like a big rockmelon with toothpicks for legs].  Anyway, that sounds logical to me.  He showed me before and after photos of woman with the same body shape as mine, and they turn out great once the bit of excess weight is gone.  So, if any of you kind ladies have had or are about to have an abdominoplasty and/or your arms done, I would really appreciate any tips about what to expect, what to buy to have on hand, what to take to hospital etc [my surgeon said hospital stay is at least 2 nights, but since I have top cover with Bupa he said I can stay a week if I want, so I have nurses helping me, pain relief, meals cooked etc!.]  That would be good if I had a room to myself - I should I think, it is done in Townsville Private Mater Hospital, and I have top cover.  Would love any advice. Thank you. PS - He is using item numbers so I can claim from Medicare and Bupa as ''reconstructive surgery''. Some info about your costs would also be great.

Hi button, I'm with bupa and stayed 5 nights at allamanda hospital on the Gold Coast. I had a tummy tuck and lipo to arms and inner/ outer thighs. So glad I stayed the extra time, just got bored but I did sleep a lot.

The one thing I did learn is take pads (lady products) as when your drains come out you still leak and I was just putting these inside my garmet to protect it otherwise I found it quite messy. I lost 7kg after my op but now 5 weeks later my weight is stable.

I made a few extra meals so when I got home it was easy to feed my boys.

Sleeping in the hospital bed is really easy compared to coming home, I got one of those horseshoe pillows to prop me up and extra for under my knees. I also was able to use item numbers but I still haven't sent paperwork off to Medicare yet so not sure on rebate.

Hope some of that helps, I was so nevous but so glad I did it.

Good luck

I'm not much help as I don't have a goal weight per say. I'm in a healthy weight range finally and I have been for the last year or more so I've finally decided to have my tummy tuck. I'm focused more on how I feel within myself rather than the number on the scale. Realistically speaking, losing a few kilos after a tummy tuck isn't going to result in a horrible saggy tummy... Well I don't think it would anyway lol good luck :)

Thanks for these tips ladies.  Sorry I am a bit late replying.  Trouble, when you came home, did you sleep in your own bed, or in a recliner chair [this has been recommended to me, but I can't say I am looking forward to that.]  If you were ok in your bed, I would like to give that a go.  Thanks again ladies.

I had 3kg of skin removed.  My goal weight is still 68kg but I had my TT at 74kg as I had been stable since about December last year (TT in July this year).  They prefer that you maintain your weight for a certain amount of time.

I had my first night at home last night, I slept in our bed propped up by a mountain of pillows... I don't think it matters where you sleep tbh it's not comfortable and sleeping in a binder is crappy.. Before your surgeries definitely look into what garments your surgeon provides and recommends