Sign in to follow this  
Alwayshavefaith

Going braless 4 weeks post op?

So I'm thinking about going braless for an event I'm excited for and I'll be 4 weeks post op exactly. My docter said and these are his words "1 month for everything" and also can underwire bras are ok at 4 weeks.

I also did get a lift but I'm not sore or anything anymore and I can touch and squeeze than and I'm fine.

I bought a plunge dress that I really wanna wear out with the girls in the town for drinks and u don't know if it's ok haha. It would be about 5 hours without the bra, but I would take it off as soon as I left and put it back on as soon as I got home.

Too long?

What did u first go braless and how long?

If your PS said it is fine then I would follow that advice along with your general recovery. 

Recovery wise I'd feel fine to wear no bra at that stage but my PS has a strict surgical bra only policy until 8 weeks I think it is, I keep forgetting and then its no underwire for a further 4 weeks before I can move to wire. It seems PS instructions can really vary and it probably comes down to their personal preference based on their experience along with the placement, implant and their process.

Those plunge dress seem to have a bit of support in them anyway, is it one of those structured plunge dresses (I'm requesting a picture after the event please :D)

I was told I could go braless at night from 6 weeks but wait for everything else until 12 weeks. Like Usplusthree said, depends on the doctor and implant as to who does what when.

I'm only 2 weeks post op and I'm wanting to go bra less for Melbourne cup and I will be 4 weeks post op but I just don't know if one night is worth doing permanent damage over, tough one because I know how you feel so excited to finally wear low cut or backless dresses