thefineline

Sunscreens that don't feel like sunscreens?

I use one that also feels "thick" on my skin and I thought it was the reason I kept breaking out. I recently changed make up and my skin is clear for the first time since I was a teenager.

It's called actinica. I don't go a day with out using it.

I use 'Paula's Choice'   Skin Balancing Daily Mattifying Lotion SPF 15 with Antioxidants.

Feels great, good absorption, not greasy. not to dear.

My problem with expensive products is that I don't use enough.

After fractional resurfacing i was given Actinica to use. I find it works really well & i can apply makeup on top. Its expensive though however after paying so much for laser i want to protect my skin.

Where did you have your laser resurfacing done? Do you know which laser they used. I have been looking into the BBL to get rid of brown spots and freckles. 

I am also trying to find out about Thailand's resurfacing results. 

I'm tempted to try those suggestions! I have sensitive dry skin (lucky me!). I find Banana Boat "Faces" is okay. It's light, absorbs well and I don't get breakouts or irritation. A friend of mine who's a P.E teacher uses it for classes so I stole the idea from her ;) I'm really paranoid about protecting my skin- especially as I'm using retinol products.  

Where did you have your laser resurfacing done? Do you know which laser they used. I have been looking into the BBL to get rid of brown spots and freckles. 

I am also trying to find out about Thailand's resurfacing results.

I did it in Sydney with Dr Alia Nasser @ Verve Edgecliffe. It was CO2 Fractional & Pearl lasers. I would t do it in Thailand. You go red raw. Its painful afterwards you cant go in the sun, in fact everything irritates it. Do it in winter in Australia. Trust me on that.

Lately I've been using Neutrogena Dry Touch Ultra-sheer on my face if I'm outdoors for long periods.  I purchased it in the US in July and it's SPF 100.   Not sure if we have it here yet... i haven't checked.  On a normal day I wear Thalgo BB cream which has SPF 15.  I love it.  

I did it in Sydney with Dr Alia Nasser @ Verve Edgecliffe. It was CO2 Fractional & Pearl lasers. I would t do it in Thailand. You go red raw. Its painful afterwards you cant go in the sun, in fact everything irritates it. Do it in winter in Australia. Trust me on that.

Thanks for that. I will definitely take it on board. I have learned that when someone says....trust me.....and they have personal experience....I had better listen. I appreciate your response thank you.  I have also looked into BBL laser with Dr Naomi in Sydney who is really dedicated to freckle removal and gets great results. 

We go through a lot of sunscreen in Summer being exposed to 40plus temperatures for weeks at a time and I find neutrogena and beach defence the best options for reapplications throughout the day but on normal days I wear nude by nature (I think it's bb cream) with SPF 15. My trick for sunscreen though is to alternate the brands as the same one too often clogs my skin and I start feeling pastey

Thank you Donatella, I value your opinion.

You will find lots of Rushapol rhinos/facelifts etc here. He really is very well respected in this area :).

Whitey is a lovely guy who recently had a rhino + other facial surgery if you want to find his posts

We go through a lot of sunscreen in Summer being exposed to 40plus temperatures for weeks at a time and I find neutrogena and beach defence the best options for reapplications throughout the day but on normal days I wear nude by nature (I think it's bb cream) with SPF 15. My trick for sunscreen though is to alternate the brands as the same one too often clogs my skin and I start feeling pastey

I really like your tip of alternating between brands!!!    thanks!