Sign in to follow this  
Newbie2311

For the mummies who have had a BA

Hi All,

Im heading over to Thailand on the 30/10/14 my surgery will be on the 2/11/14 I will be heading over there with a couple of friends while my wonderful other half stays at home and watches our babies (3.5yrs & 20months) while I'm away. A couple of questions for mums that have had a BA overseas and didnt take the family:

How did you go being away from them?

How long did it take for you to be able to pick you babies up?

How were you kids reaction?

Any help / expirences for mummy who have had this procedure would be very much appreciated :)

Hi I didn't go overseas for my surgery but I am a mum of 3.

When I had my BA my baby was about 18 months and weighed about 11kg, my hubby only had 5 days off work so by day 6 I was back to full time mummy duties including picking up my bubba to put him in his high hair and cot.

I had dual plane so I was quite sore but I managed, I held him close to my chest and then stood up, I did everything very carefully. I used a clothes airer for the first 2 weeks so I wouldn't have to hang washing on the line and I got hubby to vacuum for me for the first 2 weeks as well.

It was all worth it, I love my boobies and I'm so glad I did it and that I didn't wait until bub was older :)

Hi I have 2 little boys 2 and 4 yrs old. I cried uncontrollably when I left but knew they were in good hands with my hubby who took them on their own holiday. I only cried once when in Phuket even though I missed them dearly. I face timed them everyday and my hubby said they were occupied with their holiday so it was a good distraction for them. I was picking my 2yo up with no problems when I got back, just make sure u left with ur legs. But I still avoid lifting him when possible. I think you will be fine it's hard but they will see you again

Hi All,

Im heading over to Thailand on the 30/10/14 my surgery will be on the 2/11/14 I will be heading over there with a couple of friends while my wonderful other half stays at home and watches our babies (3.5yrs & 20months) while I'm away. A couple of questions for mums that have had a BA overseas and didnt take the family:

How did you go being away from them?

How long did it take for you to be able to pick you babies up?

How were you kids reaction?

Any help / expirences for mummy who have had this procedure would be very much appreciated :)

I stayed local for my surgery but thought I could answer a couple of these.

I was able to do simple acts of picking up our 24 month old by day 3 although this is strongly discouraged. At my 1 week check up I was told I could lift her but to bend down and pull her into me thereby using my leg muscles and not my peck muscles. To this date the one task that is trickiest is lifting in and out of the car, if possible having someone else put them in or them climbing in is best. We have a bigger car and at times it was raining so that wasn't always practical. It was not so much the pain but the as the muscles were not used to holding an implant in place they can be rotated (the implant.

My kids don't know (age 7, 4 and 2) and didn't notice. About a week or so prior to surgery I didn't let them see me naked, they would usually shower with me or walk in whilst getting dressed so I just ensured they didn't. Post surgery I was 'sick' in bed, I often get migraines etc so this was not new, then as I've recovered the line was that 'mummy hurt herself' so I couldn't and can't do certain things. The older two are boys and just don't question things. 

Use a pillow over your breasts to cuddle after surgery, given you'll be away this will be good for you to recover in those immediate days but if you are still sore on your return a pillow between you and them is helpful. 

Good tips and advice :)

Also considering overseas so would be leaving my 3 youngsters in their nannas care so that hubby can come with me (His idea.. originally it was other way around lol)

Will be interesting to see what I come home to after being away! :o

I'm interested if anybody told their kids the truth?

While my littlest is 3yrs, she wont notice but my twin girls are 8 and I think they will work it out for sure. I'm not really keen to tell them though, I feel like I'm not being a great role model, like you should love your body the way it is etc  blah blah blah... it was those kids that wrecked it in the first place bahaha!! 

I do suffer from a bad back so maybe I could work with that in the recovery stages but once they see me in swimmers I know they will notice!

There is another thread on here about telling the kids, or not. My daughter is 8 and Im pretty sure she will notice too, although I am only going up one size, but BL as well. I have been exercising and losing weight so I am going to say its my diet and exercise if she comments. A lot of mums on the other thread are happy to tell there kids, and its totally an individual decision, but mine is not to.