Serena90

Teardrops... HELP!

Hi girls,

I'm getting teardrops in January and have been feeling really happy about this choice until today when I've been reading some stuff other surgeons wrote on realself.com when people were asking for advice about whether to get teardrop or round.  There were quite a few who said not to get teardrop because they might rotate and because they "stick" in the pocket (do rounds just float around free? :-S) they might not have as natural movement as round like when lying down, they won't fall to the side.  I didn't really expect my boobs to look like natural boobs lying down anyway though (I mean they are fake) but if rounds are more likely to have more natural movement then maybe I should be considering them?  

So confused now and I was feeling so happy to have finally made a decision on what to get before.  :-(  I don't have much breast tissue and want as natural looking result as possible which is why my surgeon suggested teardrop but now I'm freaking out about rotation and all of this.  What do you think I should do?  

hi, im getting rounds, i was lookin at teardrop when i first started looking into getting a BA but i heard alot of people say your more likely to have them turn and have issues with them.. Also as u said they wont move quote as naturally when u lay down ect..

maybe speak to ur surgeon about what they suggest for what you want.. 

Rotation isn't as common these days because of textured implants. Your surgeon would be able to tell you his rate of rotation so you can weigh up your odds.

Typically it is caused because people don't follow post op recovery orders given by their dr which can result in rotation. As long as your surgeon is skilled experienced in using teardrops you should be in good hands.

I have teardrop implants and they have plenty of natural like movement and move when I lay down.

I read the real self review too. I get the feeling US surgeons are a little behind Australian surgeons in regards to things like gummy textured implants- which as someone previously said make rotation less likely. I think they've only recently been approved there or are still yet to be? A lot of those PS's on real self who bagged tear drops referred to work they did back in the 90's- and technology has advanced a lot since then. I do know that if you have very little breast tissue, anatomicals avoid the stuck on look. 

I think surgeons that aren't comfortable with teardrops don't use them. Totally agree with Mrs-B, it's probably typically people that don't follow post-op instructions that get rotation.

As for how they sit, mine do fall to the side and I took a picture of them lying down in my 16 week post op album if you want to have a look. They don't sit like they're stuck on. I don't think either rounds or teardrops will be anything like natural breasts in behaviour but they are equally disadvantaged.

Thanks girls.  I'm seeing Dr. Craig Layt on the Gold Coast and he did say they won't rotate.  Maybe when they're used by skilled surgeons who know how to use them they won't rotate?  But yeah, just read all that stuff on realself.com and it really freaked me out!!!  I don't think I have enough tissue for rounds and I think they'd look too unnatural on me so I think anatomical will be my only choice.

I think surgeons that aren't comfortable with teardrops don't use them. Totally agree with Mrs-B, it's probably typically people that don't follow post-op instructions that get rotation.

As for how they sit, mine do fall to the side and I took a picture of them lying down in my 16 week post op album if you want to have a look. They don't sit like they're stuck on. I don't think either rounds or teardrops will be anything like natural breasts in behaviour but they are equally disadvantaged.

Vivian yours look awesome when lying down!

I went with the same surgeon as Mrs-B above, he puts only a few (less than 5) rounds in a year and deals with mostly anatomicals, he is THE boobs guy in Perth and based on his recommendation I went with anatomicals but like you real self had me questioning this. 
I remember that I have to go with the surgeons experience on this as real self is not MY doctor. Like you I wanted a natural look and have little breast tissue so anatomicals/teardrops are really the best option. 
The other thing to consider is Capsular contraction rate with rounds compared to teardrop, which I think is lower for teardrop. I could be wrong though. There are many different things that can happen but its about weighing up those risks along with trying to achieve your desired outcome. 

I have anatomical and love them. I have photos laying down if you want to see. They have a natural slope so when laying down you can't see the implant shape as much as rounds (in my opinion)

And my surgeon said rotation rate is uncommon. The main time it will happen is if you get a lot of fluid in your breast and are doing vigorous movements. Especially because they are textured and under the muscle they are held in place and have very little chance of going anywhere

Thank you so much guys, I really really appreciate the reassurance.  I think I'm not going to bother looking at anymore realself.com or similar websites.  I was feeling really happy and secure about the decisions I'd made with my surgeon in my last consultation and reading all the bad stuff other surgeon's had been saying just threw me off.  I really want to avoid the fake look at all costs and it sounds like the anatomicals are the best choice for me to do this...so I guess I just have to have faith and make sure I take my recovery seriously and follow the post op instructions like you guys said.  :-) 

I have anatomical and love them. I have photos laying down if you want to see. They have a natural slope so when laying down you can't see the implant shape as much as rounds (in my opinion)
And my surgeon said rotation rate is uncommon. The main time it will happen is if you get a lot of fluid in your breast and are doing vigorous movements. Especially because they are textured and under the muscle they are held in place and have very little chance of going anywhere

Thanks seiboob, I've actually stalked your photos before and love your results!!! You must be SO happy!   :wub:

they aren't furrys but are textured and still have a lower rate of rotation & cc than other brands. I have them and i love them!! don't over think it babe, let your ps do his job and you will be fine :) i should upload more pics, i have more now of me lying down and they are starting to look much more natural. they are a great implant. 

I have teardrops, I love them. Mine moves when I lay down (as much as fake boobs do anyway). My surgeon was not concerned about them rotating so if he wasn't concerned I wasn't going to be concerned. I prefer the look of tear drop over round, they are more natural looking and that's the look I was after. If your doc recommends them, then trust him. Good luck Hun

Hi Serena,

Do you mind if I send you a friend request. I am having my BA in Sydney on the 25th February and am also swaying more towards teardrops as I am quite petite. I am also hoping to have a similar size atleast 300cc - but won't know anything for sure until my consult on the 23rd. Looking forward too seeing your results.

For sure!  Will upload pics after the 11th so stay tuned (post phoned my surgery date from what I mentioned in my original post). :)

Hi Serena,

Do you mind if I send you a friend request. I am having my BA in Sydney on the 25th February and am also swaying more towards teardrops as I am quite petite. I am also hoping to have a similar size atleast 300cc - but won't know anything for sure until my consult on the 23rd. Looking forward too seeing your results.

Hi my gf had tear drop implants. I think its been over two years now. She is happy with her boobs no rotating whatsoever. The only thing is she told me her boobs arent as soft as mine (6 weeks post op now and i got round smooth). I didnt have alot of breast tissue to start with either. Add me a fr if you like to see my result. Hope this helps :)