IBR

Recommendations for Perth Surgeon

Hi ladies, Im getting a little overwhelmed with the amount of good reputations of Perth Surgeons. Ive always been told to go a Plastic Surgeon rather than a cosmetic surgeon, however does it really matter?

I am wanting to go with a surgeon who Ive seen their work so if anyone can share any pics with me that would be great. Thanks!

I have the same surgeon as Mrs-B and i am very happy. As she said what look your after can help narrow down your list of possible surgeons. I also have pics if you would like to send through a FR

Thanks girls, I have sent Fr's. I have heard Tony Connell is brilliant, however Ive also found hes the most expensive? I think Im pushing my luck with spending 13000 let alone the 15000 I was told that it is through Tony. How much did you girls pay if you don't mind me asking?

Mrs B, I am after cleavage and boobs! I want a naturally big look, however Im small framed and completely deflated after 3 kids so Im aware I probably physically wont be able to go too big xx

Tony is conservative so usually goes smaller than some surgeons but he does that to minimise the risks later on. I paid $13500 for me and I got $700 back from Medicare because I had asymmetry.

The most popular surgeon people see from here is mark lee- not scared to go big. There is also another surgeon who I've seen a great set of boobs from... Edward Van der-something. Both plastic surgeon. Also Tim Hewitt. Search those guys on the forum and see what pops up

I went with the same as Mrs-B and Southerngirl so not adding much variety to the feedback here but I actually found Tony Connell to be in the ballpark with price, I got a few quotes and most were coming in at 12-14k, I got a bit back on private and medicare due to asymmetry like Mrs-B,

Invoices totalled $14,500 all up, that was for everything and then got about 2-2.5k back due to getting a medicare line item. Compared to other quotes and taking into account that he keeps you in overnight to help manage pain, nausea etc this was a good price. 

Dr Mark Lee was on my list if I didn't like Tony, I've also hear Dr Kailis goes with a bigger set (and have seen those bigger sets as evidence).

I've heard good things about mark lee too, I wouldn't go with him myself, but then I'm very loyal to my boob god lol. i like the conservativeness of tony, I went my max with him (and I'm guessing others would have allowed bigger if I wanted) and I'm already very thankful I didn't go larger or I'd have a few issues I think. Rippling for one as I'm so thin skinned and lacking in tissue. I would love bigger boobs don't get me wrong but I can tell they wouldn't have suited me and I would have had issues, they are big enough for me! Far accepted too IBR. One thing my hubby said about the cost as he was thinking $12-3k and for us it blew out to $20k with Accom as we don't live in Perth, was that if he'd known it was going to be so much he'd have considered going over east to Dr M (the only other man I condsider a boob god lol) with all the travel costs it would have been less for us. Just a thought to consider. Good luck!! X

I just saw somebody else's quote for Dr M and it was up at the $12,500 mark I think - so perhaps the costs have gone up there? I always thought he was below the 10k mark but maybe I'm wrong.

Im loyal to my boob god too Southerngirl, I adore Tony and his work. He has been so great and reassuring with the seroma problem I'm having and so apologetic that I am experiencing it, even though it is not even his fault just something that happens! And I agree I suspect I'd have problems if I went bigger!

i ended up spending $20k originally and I've spend another $2k on my first check up (Virgin flight issues costs me extra accom that time! Not Tony he was free lol) and i have another one soon so for me if id paid $12-13K for Dr M id have still had $10k to spend on the trip etc, flights over east are cheaper that flight to my home town... Totally a rip off, and Hubby hates perth so he would have enjoyed going somewhere new but i am so glad i didn't go, i love tony and I'm so happy i have him at least in the same state if somethings happened i know he would help! i actually can't wait to go back for my check up lol 

I won't lie I haven't hated having the extra check ups, 1 week, 2 weeks and 5 weeks post op checks thanks to this seroma - he is so lovely and reassuring. 

I HATE how inflated other costs are in Perth, I can totally understand why it would have been cheaper. It's something you don't really add up before hand I imagine.

everyone that paid 10+ did you have to pay hospital fees. my health fund will cover hospital and some of the aesthetic but not the surgeon or implants.

I had 2 medicare item numbers so as a result my surgeon costs were slightly reduced, Private health covered 2/3 of my hospital fees and medicare and private health covered a portion of the anaesthetist fees and private health also paid for one implant and I paid for the other. I think it all came to 11k from the 14.5k quote.

Mark Lee did my removal and replacement because I had the horrible  PIPS ,fantastic  work. I know 3 other women who have used him as well for their removal and replacements and are all happy as :)

Price was pretty much the same as everyone else at the time ( 4 yrs ago ).But I had medical numbers for my PH due to The PIPS so it only cost me around $ 6k out of pocket :)

Thanks for all the info girls. I just joined the forum to say Thanks. I'm so overwhelmed by all the surgeons here in Perth it's so hard to know where to start!

A friend of mine has just booked to go to Thailand but (even though a lot of the reviews are really good) it just doesn't sit right with me :/

I might look into getting a consult with Dr Connell :)

Hi girls I'm a newbie and still learning my way around this forum. Have booked consult with Dr Connell after reading about everyone's positive comments here and also booked surgery at the same time for 15 April. If someone has any post op pics straight after surgery and comments on howl long it takes for boobs to feel natural I'll really appreciate it. Thanks

I'm almost 12 months post op and feel the same about movement etc. as Mrs-B, mine look natural but still feel a bit firmer than natural, they bounce and jiggle so no need to worry about that side! Haha :) feel free to send a FR if you want to see my progression pics too. I think from memory at 3 weeks mine looked normal but it took about 5 months for them to settle and feel part of me and really move and look natural.

I'm almost 12 months post op and feel the same about movement etc. as Mrs-B, mine look natural but still feel a bit firmer than natural, they bounce and jiggle so no need to worry about that side! Haha :) feel free to send a FR if you want to see my progression pics too. I think from memory at 3 weeks mine looked normal but it took about 5 months for them to settle and feel part of me and really move and look natural.

If we aren't friends already send a request through, I have progress pics and am nearly 2yrs post op. I found they're still firm but have movement etc and can still be groped haha

Thank you so much for your responses Mrs B and Southerngirl. It has been because of your posts here that I decided on Dr Connell.

I'll send fr to both of you and check out your photos. Also can you tell me when you could drive. I booked my consult for 3 March and surgery for 15 April but will have to drive kids to school 5 days later. Is this too early or do you think I should plan for someone else to take kids? Everyone seems to have different pain thresholds as we'll from what I've read here.