pink butterfly

Perhaps I should have gone bigger?

I am 3 and a half weeks on since my BA. I am getting more and more comfortable with my new boobs. I was an AA cup beforehand and got 270cc teardrop nuance implants. I am happy with them. But yesterday as looked in the mirror my breasts looked small to me! I could have gone with either 270cc or 310cc but my surgeon suggested the lesser implant due to my small frame and small hip width. I know deep down that I have made the best decision, but now I am second guessing myself. When I spoke about it with my husband last night, he said my new boobs look great but I could have gone bigger and it would have suited me. But, I am also a gym junkie and pretty active and that was the other reason why the PS said to go the smaller size. I am also thinking that I am 39 years old, and maybe I am too old to have this done. I don't know why I am feeling like this. Everyone who knows I got the BA done has said I look great and that the breast size looks really natural on me. I definitely did not want the fake look. Just feeling a bit down over the last couple of days about it. I am obviously over-thinking all of this.

You still have plenty of time to drop and fluff as well. It seems as though many ladies (from what I have read) at the 3 week mark get anxious and upset about their size. Then suddenly they start to fill out more. Give it some time to let them settle.

I have sent you a FR. I'm the same age and petite so I understand the balance that will need to be considered. I don't want to end up looking like mutton.

I'm sure you look wonderful. :cool:

Hey pink butterfly, I've had similar feelings, and I don't doubt that I could have accommodated larger boobs :) But at the end of the day, we've come a long way, and when I have moments of boob greed I remind myself what a major lifestyle change it would mean to have bigger boobs (exercise, total new wardrobe as I'm already having trouble fitting my clothes! and the list goes on). It's still early days so we will both have to wait and see how things progress over the next few months, but I'd take my new boobs over the old ones any day of the week! Try not to feel down and think of all the positive changes you've made. I found trying on my old bikini tops was a major confidence booster and it was hard not to laugh at how completely empty they must have looked previously :)

Thanks so much ladies for your wonderful comments and encouraging words of support. I really do appreciate it! I am usually quite a positive person but after posting here this morning, I realised that I am probably emotional too because my son got diagnosed this week with ADHD. He has some other challenges too. But, while the diagnosis is a positive thing (he'll get the right help now as he enter into the teen years), I think I am still processing it all. Then of course I keep looking at my boobs and thinking should I have gone bigger etc. Lol! First world problems!! :) Thanks again, beautiful ladies! xx

It seems we have a few things in common pink butterfly!

We both have nuance implants, I am 39 too (definitely not too old to FINALLY have the boobs I've always wanted), I am petite (size 6) and a gym junkie and only a few months ago two of my 3 boys were diagnosed with ADHD. My third son is only 1 year old but since it's mostly hereditary and passed down on the fathers side, it's highly likely that my little one has it as well.

We got our diagnosis at Easter and decided to try the medications as we had already tried everything else we could think of.

My oldest two are 8 and 10, and we were having MAJOR behavioural issues at home especially with the 8yo, but now after a few months on medication, trying a few different ones and some fine tuning of the dosages our lives have been totally transformed.

Our home is a much more harmonious place to be and probably the most important thing of all, both of the boys marks at school have TRIPLED!!!!

We can now actually take our children places and not stress out about their full on behaviour and being judged as bad parents etc, in general society doesn't really understand ADHD and how hard it is to parent a child who has it.

I felt like such a failure as a mother and constantly questioned what I was doing wrong to make my children this way.

So things will get better for you, both with the ADHD and your boobies, furries don't really fluff until the 4th and 5th months and then keep softening more up until around 12 months post op. :)

Thanks so much Aussiechic for your beautiful words. It is not easy having a child with high needs and as you say there times we as Mums can feel like we just haven't done enough. My son is 12 years old and we have been on the medical journey with him for 10 years trying to find out what is going on with him. He also has a severe anxiety disorder with facial tics. We too have gone down the track of medication and as much as people can disagree with it, it can give a child quality of life. He has tried some medications over the years that have not agreed with him. But, the ones he is on now are allowing him to think properly and greatly reduce his major meltdowns. He even said to me the other day, "Mum I haven't had a meltdown for 5 weeks. I am going to tell the doctor that!". My husband and I are very proud of him. We have been through some really awful times with him so it is wonderful to see his self esteem increasing. But, like you said with ADHD it can be a challenge whether at home, out socially or on holidays. Thank you again!

FWIW I have no doubt you have chosen the right size, you chose it for a reason and those reasons are still valid, its easy to look down and think you could have handled more, but as time goes on and you have these for potentially 20 years I have no doubt you'll be happy with the smaller size and how they flatter your shape. As you can wear regular bras you will be able to enhance the look of them and additionally you may get more projection as they settle some more. 

Strength to you as you manage your sons diagnosis, I have 3 young kids, my 4 year old of whom takes up a lot of brain space with a multitude of therapies although no diagnosis as yet for anything. Sometimes it all feels positively daunting, other times I realise that these words that can be used in appointments limit what my son is truly capable of.

Thanks Usplusthree for your words. Like you say, I know deep down I have chosen the right size for my frame and also my lifestyle. Damn the ol' booby greed! :D It's funny how the mind works, isn't it!? I think I forget that I only got them done 3 and a half weeks ago. So I need to be patient as they settle. :)

I hope you get the answers you need for your 4 year old. Labels are a double edged sword - they can put a person in a box, or they can open doors for support. I know what you are saying. Being a Mum is hard enough, but it is a huge challenge guiding a child with a differently wired brain. Not an easy task. Good luck with everything. xx 

I understand completely where you're coming from!..The 'should haves' are a killer!..I had my BA almost 5 weeks ago, and I feel disheartened with my size. I was very happy with my size and then of course they shrunk (swelling subsided!) at about the 2 1/2 week mark...leaving me feeling disappointed! Like you, I have a smallish frame & my hubby thinks they look wonderful. However, have been told by my sister that I certainly wouldn't look silly with a little more. My surgeon has done an amazing job. They look really natural already but I kind of feel that I look the same as I did when I was wearing my padded bra. Anyway, the other girls seem to have more knowledge & experience on this topic than I do...seeing as they've already 'been there, done that'!...maybe the wait & see approach is best for you.

I'm a little older than you & have decided that I don't want to wait a possible 10 plus years to change over to bigger size, so have decided to head back to my surgeon & discuss a revision for next year. Of course I trust him completely, so if he says no, it won't suit me or can't be done well for whatever reason then I will learn to love my smallish BUT gorgeous new boobs!!...Good luck with yours!

OMG...just read you've had some difficulties with your son. I'm very sorry to hear this. I have two sons with disabilities. My 15 year old has Autism & my 13 year old has quite a moderate intellectual & physical disability (completely non verbal, needs assistance with everything from toileting to eating). We have also had trials with different medications to improve behaviours & attention . Unfortunately these have not always been successful. Stay strong & take whatever assistance is offered. Feel free to message me - I might be able to lend an ear!

My son 2an a half has just been diagnosed with autism I've been up and down ecspecially being booked in to do something for me the guilt some days is crazy I will keep you ladies in mind if an when I start to feel down after the op it's nice to know there are others out there :)

Thanks so much Misty and iderseveit! Like you said iderserveit, the guilt got to me prior to my BA about whether I should actually be going through the surgery or not. But, I hardly do anything really nice for myself and so I thought I should put myself first for a change. My son was distant with me during the first 5 days after my BA, but once I was back to my normal self he began to chat with me. Luckily he has been in a stable phase over the past month as he can have violent meltdowns. But he has been doing really well on new medication. I am beginning to think we may be finally moving forward after so long! Just taking each day as it comes. You ladies are just amazing! xx

Don't ever feel guilty about doing something for yourself. I had those same feelings. But I reminded myself that to be the best mum you can be, you need to look after yourself first!..and if getting new boobs make you feel more confident and happy, then that's a good thing!

Mums all too often put themselves last. Just remember when your happy, your son will see that and be happy too!...not to mention you only live once!

You ladies are truly inspirational and honestly deserve more than just a BA , being a Mum is hard enough let alone dealing with the hurdles our children keep throwing at us! You def only live once and never loose sight of how special you are to your kids and what an amazing job you are doing xx

I totally get how you're feeling pinkbutterfly. Although it was quite a while now, my son was also diagnosed with ADHD at the age of 8. He has just turned 17. He is doing well at school and although he can still struggle with some things, he is generally just a normal boy.

As for being too old, I just had my first BA at 44! Don't feel guilty hun, we always put our kids first so much, you need to do something for yourself too.