lindseytam

any one else struggling

After ba on tue i felt great but yest it hit me hard then later in the arvo i had the worst splitting headache. No painkiller helped . Just feel nauseous and headache. Still eating and no fever. Docs say it is ok but really i feel like *****. My butt hurts from siting on it and sleeping upright. I am meant to go back to work next week but atm i cant imagine feeling normal. Anyone else want to have a whinge too?

start taking lots of benefiber:) I had the same problem its all the pain killers and anaesthetic that slows everything down, I also found starting gentle walks asap after my surgery helped everything heal a lot quicker. I hope u start feeling better soon x x

A quick unnatural fix so to speak ;) go to the chemist tell them your grandmother is having a colonoscopy and you were told to get that glyco prep stuff, the chemist will give you a sachet that you mix with water....drink it (tastes terrible!!!) and DO NOT go anywhere stay home because within an hour or two sometimes less you will empty your bowel completely and it is not pretty ;)

This sachet is meant to clean out the entire bowel in prep obviously for a colonoscopy, I have struggled for years with terrible bowls let alone when I was clogged up after my BA and this works I wouldn't recommend doing this routinely but it will assist getting everything back to normal...afterwards pump your body with water and take a probiotic daily for a week or so....

As I said this is the quil fix and perhaps a cheats way but I hate the bloated feeling let alone look...

As for your headache maybe you need a hot pack or a subtle neck massage I know sleeping upright for days threw my neck out which can contribute to headaches as well

Good luck

Some painkillers will actually cause headaches (crazy, I know). What are you taking?

Can you sleep more flat? Might help to put a pillow under your knees to lift pressure off your tailbone.

As for the 'movements' I got myself on the max dose of Senna (those chocolate ones) to get things moving and it took me a few days to get going. I think I was 4 or 5 days post op before I could go! Things got serious and I was obsessing over it!

I found liquorice was the thing that got my bowels working again, the laxative was taking days but liquorice got it moving quickly and regular again! 

Also I had headaches for a week post surgery, I wasn't taking pain relief so it must be the GA drugs detox, I used panadol and nurofen for the headaches and backache. I started feeling a bit better on the Saturday and at 1 week I felt a lot better and had surgery on the Tuesday like you.

Thank you all

ill head to chamiat tomorrow if i can brush my hair lol and get something to help the bowels . My head is just starting to ease. I was on endo valium and antibiotics. Now im just taking antibiotics and panadol. Maybe it was the drugs or anaesthetic and my sore neck from sleeping... or more likely a mix of all of the above. I reckon at the end of this ill have great boobs and a fat gut and butt lol all ive done is sit and wleat feeling sorry for myself haha. I try to walk around but fèels like my boobs will drop off. Cant wait to be on the other end of all this .

My PS said the painkillers slow your bowel down. So I got constipated too and got my hemarroids back from when I had kids. Ugh! So I just bought hemarroid cream and all is okay now. I now have thrush but I think that has been from the anti biotics. It's fun being a woman.........not! :) The bloating does sort itself out though. I found it took a couple of weeks. I am 4 weeks post op tomorrow and my tummy has really settled down. Hope you are feeling much better, lindseytam.

Hey :)  I would recommend drinking heaps and heaps of water, helps in many ways with the recovery! Fresh veggie smoothies with lots of prunes. And when you lay or sit down have a pillow under your bum and keep changing it up with a different pillow. I still have a weird numb ache feeling in my bum from sleeping on a angle  <_<