Sign in to follow this  
lindseytam

bruising with picture

How much did you bruise after surgery?? I woke up sweating between my boobs last night even though it is cold. I still have my strips on until tomorrow which will be day 6 and i go to get them changed but one side is quite bruised and u can see blood at the sides and top of the steristrips. The other side is fine. Is bruising a bad sign. I am still very sore but stopped pain meds a couple of days ago due to migraines

I don't think it looks like anything to worry about but I didn't get bruising (I think because I had drains) and I'm definitely not a medical professional. I have seen lots of girls get bruising a couple of days post op though so will be interested to see if theirs are similar, it's not the worst I've seen. Maybe take a photo every hour so you can see if it's changing.

If you're concerned you can call your surgeon's office and they probably have an after hours number. Otherwise see a GP?

I had bruising half way around to my back and my lefty still has dark red / purple underneath quite similar to you. I had my post op check up on Friday day 8 and the nurse was really happy, she said I'm healing really well. I think as Vivian said keep an eye on it to make sure its not getting worse.

Does panadol affect you with the migraines. I found taking panadol every 4 to six hours, definitely kept the pain away