Cricket

Sydney Siders Help Please :)

I am second guessing where I should stay during my trip to Sydney for BA/BL.  I am travelling with my Husband and our two kids (5 and 22 months) next month and we will be staying in Sydney for 9 nights total.  We have tentatively booked a three bedroom apartment on Campbell Parade which looks to be across the road from the beach in the Bondi area.  I am not familiar with Sydney so not sure what the area is like.  Other than that I am looking at a two bedroom apartment at the Meriton in Bondi Junction.  Can anyone offer any insight into these options?  I was initially thinking the apartment near the beach would be better as we could go for strolls along the water and walk to local cafes etc... But I'm just not sure what is around the area and whether it is a rowdy area at night etc...

Its a really nice area. Lots of restaurants and shops close by. I think it gets busy at night but not necessarily rowdy. Theres shops at bondi Junction but of the two I'd definitely prefer Campbell pde. So much more to see and heaps of transport if you wanted to go in to the city to explore too. 

That's one I can't help with . I live in the NW of Sydney so I don't know Bondi well at all. I've been to Dr M's surgery (the Elixxir medi spa side) but that's the extent of it. Bondi Junction is close to Dr M's office and still reasonably close to the beach without being right on top of everyone (it does get crowded) It all depends on what you need to be close to. Shops or beach :)

I live in Bondi, and I think you'll definitely enjoy your stay on Campbell Parade. You'll be close to so many cafe's and restaurants and the beach is right across the road. Bondi can definitely get busy, but I wouldn't say particularly rowdy, except perhaps near some of the pubs at night - but then again, what pub isn't particularly rowdy at some point?

Bondi Junction is also a good area, but after a certain time there's not much available. I think that after surgery, you will want convenience more, and Bondi will offer more of that.

I also think being near the ocean will help with the healing process - I'm planning a few walks by the beach after I've gotten mine done! There's just something about being near the water that is so cathartic and refreshing! And you can take the kids to the kiddy pool up on North Bondi Beach.

Let me know if you want to know anything else! Good luck with everything :)

definitely campbell parade! i agree that post BA u just want to take some walks and cant do anything too strenuous -- being near the beach is the best! there's everything u need there and a great little getaway for the family.

bondi junction is a little dull. apart from the westfield, theres not much to the suburb. the little shops in bondi beach are more unique than the typical chains in the mall anyway! hope u enjoy ur stay in sydney and all the best for your BA! :)

No probs. you'll love it there :) so many nice little streets off the main road. check out Icebergs for lunch (best views), Bucket List is right by the beach and awesome, and must go to North Bondi Italian for dinner ! 

i dont live in bondi but my surgery was in bondi junction and 5-10mins drive to my place and it wasnt difficult. Was such an exciting time, waking up from surgery looking down at the mountainous chest hahaha enjoy it ! xx