Sign in to follow this  
A_G

Any regret - honestly?

If you had BA...

Was the pain, at any point, so much that you experienced regret?

Does anyone suffer any regret now? Even if they simply accept it but still harbour regret?

I don't want to be a Negative Nancy, I just want to clear my mind of some fears before I pay the big bucks and pack my suitcase.

My husband says I've been craving them for so long that it is simply logical to get them. I've been having new, creeping thoughts that the shape I am now, post-baby at 35, is so different to the boyish figure I had at 21... that it doesn't matter any more whether I'm A cup or C cup.

Any advice, closely related or not, is greatly appreciated.

Are these doubts normal in the lead up to BA? Perhaps especially for the mid 30's girls?

I think they are normal,

I'm a little the same. I'm 38, 3 kids and have been wanting something better than the crappy saggy AA's for so long that after a depressing week of trying on cup dresses thought stuff it, called TCI after seeing them on Facebook and in 15mins I'd booked a consult for nov and surgery for dec.....crap!!

I have trolled the internet for months/years researching so much so my head is a blur. I'm worried I've jumped the gun so now my main concern is that I get a size that is not crazy big.

I figure the pain will be bad but after giving birth can't be too bad. I just want to look pretty in clothes and not like a boy courtesy of the way exercise has shaped my body.

I don't know how related this is, but I am 29, haven't had children and am a C cup. I have always been pretty happy with my boobs, but in the last few years I have exercised in poor bras, and have yo-yo'd back and forth with my weight which has made them sag. They are by no means ugly, and many men and women would probably tell me they are fabulous. But I just want them to be perky again. I've done a tonne of research and am booked in for a BA in February, but every now and then I get these horrible thoughts that I am doing the wrong thing and should be happy with what I have. Most days though I am excited for what is to come. I think I just need to be mindful when I go in for my consultation of my goals for perky breasts that are proportionate to my body, rather than being greedy and getting them too big. I think the creeping thoughts are natural and need to be reflected on - you are after all making a huge decision. Just go in knowing what you want - listen to recommendations made by your surgeon, but ultimately go with what you think is right. All the best xo

Oh yeah there was regret. I think days 2 and 3 post op I was saying 'what have I done?' and 'what I had wasn't so bad why did I put myself through this?!' partly for the pain and partly the discomfort and inconvienence of not being able to do things myself mixed in the the post surgery blues. But really the pain was manageable. It was nowhere near childbirth or a bee sting to the toe (man that hurts!!) but was more painful than say local anaesthetic at the dentist. But since those days there's been no regret whatsoever.

It's normal to have these fears, cry while going in for the op and questioning all the decision in the lead up.

Once on the other side it's easier to buy clothes and fill them, feel confident physically and enjoy improved sexy times!

Your fears are completely normal, a big one for me was that I'd have trouble dealing with the fact that I had something artificial in my body as well as dying on the table among many many other things ... Anyhow I have not had one teeny bit of regret post op. It was the best thing I've done.

If it helps I have been reading this forum for a good three years and I've only seen one lady have her implants removed because she didn't like them

The first week was hell after ba. For me it was the mixture of pain and frustration I couldn't do things on my own and experienced regret. After that though I totally do not regret it!! I loveeee them and would do it again :)

Yes I can agree at times I was like 'omg what have I done ' ' this was a stupid idea' or 'this isn't normal' but of course I would not regret having these amazing boobies on me now I'm just over two weeks post op - I think a mixture of the medication & the surgery trauma can cause some confusion , extreme emotions & I think even just the body adapting to the implant at first can cause some emotions , just take it easy during this time and don't stress !!

I'm two weeks post op and I have to admit I absolutely hated not being able to do things on my own at the start and the pain and discomfort I almost felt like it wasn't worth it, but I kept thinking that it's temporary and it'll pass and you'll have years of great boobs for a few weeks of discomfort. I'm really happy with my choice, but as I was being wheeled into the surgery room and waiting by myself for the anesthetisf I did honestly think 'what have I gotten myself into' and 'is it too late to back out now'? But that' was just nerves and I'm so glad I did it.

Ahhh well yes I have had times the last two weeks where I thought OMGosh!!! I would not do this again!!!! Please dear God!!! May these last me 30 years!!! I don't want to EVER go back!! But! Pain medication helps a lot and you just have to take it easy, I have seen many posts by women saying they have had very little pain, everyone is different! I am sure though in the next few weeks I will forget the pain, as u do with child birth ;) and be loving my new girls! I am 38 and I guess it's much older but I have finished having babies and done it for myself. I do not regret it at all. I made the right decision!

All the best with yours x

I am 39 years old and I breastfed 3 kids in 5 years. I don't have a womanly figure with small hips and before my BA had an AA cup. I got my BA done on 22nd Sept this year and don't have any regrets. I think around day 5 of healing I questioned what the hell had I done. Then last week I had a moment of booby greed! I have nuance teardrop implants under the muscle 270cc. I am probably a C cup once they settle. I didn't want to go too big due to my small frame and the PS also recommended this. I went with Dr. Harwood in Brisbane and he was just great! RE the pain factor, yes the first week is a bit tough but my advice is take the meds and try to sleep as much as possible. I am 4 weeks post op today and the morning boob is not that bad anymore. Also now at night I don't hurt anymore when I change sleep position. If you have wanted one for so long and have done your research, I say go for it! Life is too short to live with regrets. Good luck with your decision.

I haven't had kids, and i'm only 24, but I am getting very nervous and starting to 'second guess' myself. I'm 12 days until my surgery. I know this is a passing feeling of anxiety, I have been thinking about this for years and am so very excited to be on the other side. You can't achieve what you truly wan without a little hardship behind it! Good luck!

I am 40 and spent years not liking my boyish shape and flat chest. I was nervous as hell when I made the booking and then time flew by. The day of my surgery I had some 2nd thoughts but from the moment I woke up post surgery I've loved my new boobs and haven't regretted it for a second. The first few days were tough but I was prepared for it from reading this forum and its the best thing I've ever done.

These replies are helping me SO much. Thank you so much everyone :)

I go to bed some nights with heavy doubt but always wake up and want them again.

And funnily enough that's how I approach large purchases. I go home without buying it, sleep on it and if in the morning I can't stop thinking about it then I go buy it.

I'm a chronic rainchecker. Can't raincheck boobs any longer... it's gonna happen.