Sign in to follow this  
BronteB

Had BA just about a month ago, starting my TT journey….pain much different?

Hi Ladies!

I have had my BA nearly one month ago, and I'm now looking at getting a TT mid next year. I was hesitant about doing the TT in the start, because of my concerns with pain and recovery. So far, my BA recovery is going well and pain was a lot better than expected. So I'm wondering now if the pain is much different with the TT?

Also, how many weeks is expected for recovery for a TT?

TIA x

Honestly, my recovery from my TT (with muscle repair) was minimal. Yeah it hurt at the start but nothing unbearable once I was home. I only took panadol once I was home too. I am 6 weeks post op now and back to normal, but I have been really good since about 2 1/2-3 weeks movement wise/every day stuff etc..

I had a BA with a lift 2 years ago and the pain was minimal and I recovered well. But I wasn't working, so there was no pressure to recover by a certain date. I just took things easy.

I had my TT 6 days ago, the pain in 10 times worse and the recovery much, much longer!! I now work full time and even though my recovery is going smoothly and affording to plan. I highly doubt I will be able to return to work in one weeks time (My surgeon said I'd only require 2 weeks off)

I can't stand up straight, and only stand up/ walk around for a few minutes at a time. My back kills and I tire very easily.

This is why I held off on having my TT for so long. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad I done it, and the result is amazing. But be prepared for pain and a long recovery.

I have photos on profile - ask any questions you like. Good luck with your journey xxxx