Sign in to follow this  
diishere

seriously considering revision surgery

Hi ladies

as some of you may be aware I had my ba a little over a month and I'm not too happy with the size and positioning of my implants.

I am considering having revision if I can convince my PS to give me the size I specifically requested in my first consultation with her...400cc or above.

My question is...how do most ps work abouts costing for revisions? And could it be classed as her mistake or not considering I did not achieve the results I desired, baring in mind that she had my safety in mind not wanting to put excess stress on my breast tissues?

I think I should be entitled to major discounts for revision considering I wanted a particular size and did not get any where near the results I desired.

I do understand that my PS has my best interests and safety at heart and she is a lovely and caring lady so I don't blame her, however since I have my mind set on revision I' d rather have her redo it (even better if I can get a discount or free) than go elsewhere (assuming she agrees to the size).

Otherwise I will have to find someone else to do it , but I'd have to find a CS this time as I am not prepared to spend too much money this time around as I've already spent way too much already.

I sent off pics to Dr Revis in the US who said he can do a much larger implant on me but unfortunately I can not afford to have it done there for at least 2 or 3 more years time.

Any suggestions will be highly appreciated :) And if anyone knows of an affordable PS or CS in Melbourne that does bigger implants on small framed girls please let me know

Thanks xoxo

Definitely put it too her, yours are gorgeous but I agree you can go bigger and 400 isn't an out of this world request. Melbourne is known for being quite exxy and I wouldn't consider a CS for a revision case....see what your surgeon says but be prepared for no if they've said it before x

Definitely put it too her, yours are gorgeous but I agree you can go bigger and 400 isn't an out of this world request. Melbourne is known for being quite exxy and I wouldn't consider a CS for a revision case....see what your surgeon says but be prepared for no if they've said it before x

thanks Don,

I will speak to her. Fingers crossed :)

It sucks that you are disappointed with your results. I think they look amazing as they are :) you said in another post that you feel like they look like pre-op boobs - I can tell you that I certainly wouldn't be getting BA if mine looked like that pre-op ;) I hope your surgeon is able to make recommendations about achieving the look you're after but I would imagine any revision surgery would be at your own expense as you would have agreed to the surgery and implant prior to your procedure.

why wouldn't you recommend a CS for revision? Do they do dodgy jobs?

any idea why Melbourne is more expensive than other states? I had my 1st ba in Brisi when I uses to live there and it was way cheaper than what I payed here.

I'm pretty sure she will say no coz when I asked her at my 1 week post op if I can upsize when these ones are due for an exchange her response was yes by 1 size only but if I put on a bit of weight I may be able to get away with going up 1 full cup size.

I will still put it to her and see how I go.

It sucks that you are disappointed with your results. I think they look amazing as they are :) you said in another post that you feel like they look like pre-op boobs - I can tell you that I certainly wouldn't be getting BA if mine looked like that pre-op ;) I hope your surgeon is able to make recommendations about achieving the look you're after but I would imagine any revision surgery would be at your own expense as you would have agreed to the surgery and implant prior to your procedure.

yes I did sign a paper at my consult agreeing to the size, however at that consult I expressed my desire for 400cc and over, and after that consult I called her office and spoke with her several times requesting we go up a size at the least as I wanted to be noticably bigger. So she was aware that I really did want bigger boobs than the size we agreed on, but I know that doesn't cover me in terms of her 'policy' or legally. I also signed paperwork at the hospital agreeing to that size on the day of my ba to.

yes I did sign a paper at my consult agreeing to the size, however at that consult I expressed my desire for 400cc and over, and after that consult I called her office and spoke with her several times requesting we go up a size at the least as I wanted to be noticably bigger. So she was aware that I really did want bigger boobs than the size we agreed on, but I know that doesn't cover me in terms of her 'policy' or legally. I also signed paperwork at the hospital agreeing to that size on the day of my ba to.

I find it really hard to be assertive in situations like this where you know you want something other than what they are giving you but don't push for it so as to avoid conflict.

why wouldn't you recommend a CS for revision? Do they do dodgy jobs?

any idea why Melbourne is more expensive than other states? I had my 1st ba in Brisi when I uses to live there and it was way cheaper than what I payed here.

I'm pretty sure she will say no coz when I asked her at my 1 week post op if I can upsize when these ones are due for an exchange her response was yes by 1 size only but if I put on a bit of weight I may be able to get away with going up 1 full cup size.

I will still put it to her and see how I go.

It sounds like she is concerned about giving you a fake look rather than whether it is safe for you. Maybe she doesn't want to give you a look that she wouldn't be proud to say they were done by her? Does she normally only put out natural looking results?

Did she say why you couldn't have larger at the time? I am having my BA done in 2.5 weeks and I am 10cm taller than you at 173cm but still only weight 56kg so still quite thin and an A cup and I am having 450cc high profiles which is the biggest I am aloud to go as they get too wide for me after that.

I find it really hard to be assertive in situations like this where you know you want something other than what they are giving you but don't push for it so as to avoid conflict.

It sounds like she is concerned about giving you a fake look rather than whether it is safe for you. Maybe she doesn't want to give you a look that she wouldn't be proud to say they were done by her? Does she normally only put out natural looking results?

from all her post op pics I've seen they all have a natural look.

It is very hard to be assertive in this situation. I'm trying to think of a tactful way to go about it.

Did she say why you couldn't have larger at the time? I am having my BA done in 2.5 weeks and I am 10cm taller than you at 173cm but still only weight 56kg so still quite thin and an A cup and I am having 450cc high profiles which is the biggest I am aloud to go as they get too wide for me after that.

yes she did say why, it's because my bw is only 9cm and from a technical point of view on a very thin person you shouldn't exceed the bw by anything more than a cm or two only , any more then that and you will have obvious visible rippling. The implants I got had a bw of 10.5cm.

Also because I wanted a fuller upper pole I decided to get xhp implants, and as I do not have enough tissue to adequately cover an implant larger than the one selected that was the biggest I could go with for that profile. I had two choices 290cc hp or 285cc xhp I chose the 285cc thinking 5cc won't make that much of a difference. She prefered I chose the next size down from either profile as to not place any unnecessary stress on my tissues but there was no way I wanted anything smaller than the saline implants I was replacing xoz I hated that size.

I just wonder how so many petite women are able to get fairly largeish implants for their frame if many PS follow this same principle.

I just wanted to mention here that although I am not happy with my results this does not reflect on my PS as a surgeon. I do think my PS is a terrific and highly skilled surgeon.

Most women I know want natural looking BAs and would be delighted with how their ba turned out with her, however it's because I wanted a 'bigger than what's safe for my frame' and a somewhat fake look that is why I am not happy. Maybe I am being unrealistic, I don't know, but I have seen other petite women with the look I want so I do know it's possible.

from a natural looking ba result point of view, her work is flawless and she has an eye for detail and is a perfectionist.

Thanks ness01

who is your CS and what state is he in?

Dr fung in altona Melbourne and he's done an awesome job on me and everyone whose gone to him is happy so I really don't see why not. He teaches surgeons and nurses too so he knows his sheet ;)

Dr fung in altona Melbourne and he's done an awesome job on me and everyone whose gone to him is happy so I really don't see why not. He teaches surgeons and nurses too so he knows his sheet ;)

Is it ok if I send you a fr?

I had a consult with Dr Gaffield in QLD, they didn't take one single measurement whilst I was there and his practice nurse who does the sizing suggested I not go any smaller than 400cc even though I didn't want a very dramatic change.  Maybe if you do decide to go down the revision road you should go with a different surgeon as it sounds like you won't get the results you crave from your surgeon.

yes she did say why, it's because my bw is only 9cm and from a technical point of view on a very thin person you shouldn't exceed the bw by anything more than a cm or two only , any more then that and you will have obvious visible rippling. The implants I got had a bw of 10.5cm.

Also because I wanted a fuller upper pole I decided to get xhp implants, and as I do not have enough tissue to adequately cover an implant larger than the one selected that was the biggest I could go with for that profile. I had two choices 290cc hp or 285cc xhp I chose the 285cc thinking 5cc won't make that much of a difference. She prefered I chose the next size down from either profile as to not place any unnecessary stress on my tissues but there was no way I wanted anything smaller than the saline implants I was replacing xoz I hated that size.

I just wonder how so many petite women are able to get fairly largeish implants for their frame if many PS follow this same principle.

I am not sure what my BW measurement is as I didn't ask and also wasn't told but I possibly have a broader chest I used to swim when I was younger so that could have made me a little broader to be honest I've never really taken too much notice or even needed to worry about it. Does make me a little nervous about the size I am going but I trust them as they told me 450cc was the largest I could go if I went to 500cc it would be getting too wide for my frame. I am going to Dr James Gaffield I couldn't find a bad word said about him so I am confident in him.