bubbles89

dr moore - calvary hospital fees HELP!

I'm having a tt with mr and breast reduction on December 10th. I'm going with dr mark moore in adelaide and when I got my cost estimate they only put down his fees and wrote that the hospital stay will be covered by PHI even though i specified that I don't have it. They said it'll take up to 6 weeks to get the quote so my question is - does anyone know what the rate is per night at calvary north adelaide hospital? Do the hospital/surgeon/ Anaesthetist fees cover everything for the stay or will I need to pay for other things like theatre costs, medication or a compression garment? How long did you stay in hospital? I really need to know how much I'll need to budget for it. Thanks

I don't know the costs but yes you will have to pay for everything! I stayed 2 nights but could have left after 1 and my health insurance payout statement that I received paid out $8,700, but I still had to pay for medication/compression garment out of pocket

Wow tummymumma that doesn't seem right. That would mean it's $4500 a night, that's impossible. When I had a different procedure I only paid $1000 a night and that included theatre use etc and then had to pay for the surgeon and Anaesthetist separately.

Hi bubbles, although I don't have experience with your particular hospital or surgeon I thought I might be able give u an idea what some of the possible costs could be.

I had my surgery a week ago and as I don't have phi I chose day surgery so I could avoid some of those extra costs.

Did your quote include the assistant surgeons fee etc. ?

The quote for me to have my surgery in the hospital increased my cost by a little over 6k and this included the theatre room fees ( largest cost) and it spelt out separately that accommodation made up $1100 of that cost. And that was just 1 nights worth ..

Does that help at all?

Holy crap! I just called the hospital and they said it's going to be $11,000 for the hospital. I can't afford that :( gonna have to cancel the surgery. So upset. At my consult they said the hospital would only be 6000

Bubbles I've heard if you go to see Dr Julie Lawrence at Brighton she works in the public system and her waiting list is a lot less than my 4 year wait for Dr Michelle Lodge who also works at the Calvary. I'm having mine at the QEH on the 18th of this month with Plastic Surgeon Dr Michelle Lodge as she works there as well.