MissEmily

Dr Kwok - TCI Bondi Junction

Hi!

I am booked in with Dr Kwok at TCI Bondi Junction on 15 December 2014. Boobies for Christmas, yay! I am full of excitement and nerves!! I have so many questions.

My main fear is going under anaesthetic as they use Twilight Sedation. I've never had an operation and the thought of being drugged and made unconscious scares the poop outa me! Of course it has to happen! But if I could just have some experiences of before and after to ease my nerves that would be so good.

Thanks!

Haha I am at TCI Bondi too and the fact that they use Twilight Sedation was part of what sold me on booking in :).

I can put you at ease here, they don't drug you and make you unconscious. Twilight Sedation means that you will be awake and responsive - you just won't remember being so!

I haven't had my boobs done yet, but I did have a colonoscopy and endoscopy under Twilight. The anaethetist told me to count down from 100 - I got to 98. Woke up, looking around - procedure was already done. I was dressed. They gave me cookies and sandwiches and then let me leave with my carer. Easiest op ever :)!

You can be fully alert when you come around, or you could be sleepy and relaxed (that's individual) and you will be groggy and a bit - I call it "fluffy around the edges" but apart from that - good as new :)!

I loved it. You're feeling the drugs for less time, it doesn't take as long to bounce back (I felt fabulous after my other procedure - apart from the obvious side effects from that particular procedure). I assume it's going to be the exact same, except I get boobs out of it - way better reward!

I'm so glad to hear you have experienced the Twilight Sedation! And especially glad you have no recollection of the procedure whatsoever either. Sounds pretty cruisey. I like the term "fluffy around the edges", that appeals a lot more to me than what GA does to you upon waking (from what I've heard). Thanks so much for sharing your experiences.

Omg I know!!! Having a date to look forward to is so exciting. I have a little more waiting than you to do so I would LOVE to hear about your experience once its done. Happy for me to FR you?

Oh god no, if I had any recollection I would be a very angry person hahaha. It was super cruisy, leading up to it I was a bit concerned but when I "woke up", I was like huh, is that it? It's done? When did that happen, I was just counting down haha.

Absolutely! I have some before pictures up too. That was horrifying, but I really wanted to compare and for other people to see the comparison of before and after. Anything to help people know what they want, choose surgeons etc. I know how much it helped me :). The waiting game is killing me though :)!

Hahaha I could imagine! Yeah I just have the typical leading up to it worries which I assume are natural. Especially as I've never done anything like this before. But yes as you mentioned, the reward at the end will be worth it!!

Sorry where are the pictures? I am very new to this and have no idea how to navigate the site yet! Haha

I totally feel you in regards to the waiting game. I just want them now!

My second worry is the "elephant on the chest" sensation upon waking... I have asthma so that kinda freaks me out. Wonder how others went with that or if it really is that severe at all.

I have fr you. When you approve it, just go into my gallery and you should see my pics in there :).

I've actually quit smoking for the surgery. So I'm hoping the elephant feeling isn't too bad either! I'm thinking meditation breathing should make me feel better :)

Oh sweet, thanks.

Perfect boobies for a BA, they're going to look incredible. How exciting. My problem is I don't have a huge deal of weight on me. I'm hoping to put on at least 3kgs before surgery as I absolutely dread having the 'tits on a stick' look :( Im not skinny as, im just not what i want to be.

I've quit smoking too. Just over a month now! Woohoo. Hitting gym pretty hard too so hopefully that helps me put some weight on (muscle).

I think the meditation breathing will be the key. Might do some research on that :) :)

Hi girls

I'm booked in for a consult with Dr Kwok in December and having surgery in April. I'm so nervous and haven't heard much about dr Kwok so it was great to hear your feedback DanniP : ) I've been thinking about this for years and just can't wait now!! I'm an A if that, completely flat so not sure what to get. Can't wait for my consult though! Even just joining this forum makes it all feel real!!

Hi Bellaboo!

I've had a few friends go through Dr Kwok and Dr Eddy Dona personally found and hired him. So I have lots of confidence with him! Ive heard he speaks at conferences all over the world too.

I have always wanted too as well, I've just been too chicken to and heard you cant breast feed after a BA. Now I know that's not always the case AND how inexpensive TCI is I couldn't not.

I have my consult on the 14th and surgery on the 15th!! Ah! I have a count down on my phone haha living in Cairns too, getting into a bikini is always daunting and its basically what you live in except in winter.

I am thinking a full C to a smaller D as I have a small frame. Its just so hard to decide until the Dr advises everything they take into account...

How big are you guys thinking of going? I also want proportion of course!

I had surgery with dr kwok on the 7th of october and so far cant fault my results, in fact they are better than i expected them to be.

Twilight was easy, they pop you up on the table, ask what kind of music you like, i let them choose, Dr kwok choose something cheesy, all the nurses laughed and made a couple of jokes, next thing i knew i was waking up! Afterwards I just felt tired and groggy. Went home and just slept it off.

Oh that's great Miss Emily, it's getting close now, how exciting! I'm thinking of a c, I'm fairly narrow across my chest and I also want to look as natural as possible. I know what you mean about a bikini, I've been wearing a padded bra with singlet swimming for years, I just can't wait for a bit of shape!

Thanks Mich007, so good to hear you are happy with the results and service, what size did you start out?

That's awesome to hear!! I just need to relax a little I think otherwise ill work myself up for no good reason. I'd need calming music!!! Hahah. I'm pathetic. Ill put my brave boots on and take it all in as a positive experience because that's exactly what it is.

Thanks for that Mich007 :)

When I first got on here I was set on a full C, now I'm leaning more towards a DD. I'm tall so I think I can carry it off without the tits on a stick look. But I am quite thin too, so I do have to be careful :).

Yeah I've just rebooted my workouts (trying Kayla Itsines workouts) for the next 5 weeks to really jump start muscle growth. I'm hoping that will help me keep burning at optimal levels when I'm sitting on my ass doing nothing for 6 weeks hahaha.

Yay Bellaboo - welcome!

Oh god I know what you mean about bikinis. I got extra onto it this year (I had small but Ok C boobs, up until March this year when I started going to the gym 6 times a week), and I bought the Victoria Secret plus 2 cup sizes bikinis. They are gorgeous, but are so padded they are like flotation devices haha. I am so excited that I'm going to be able to fill a bikini all on my own :)

When I first got on here I was set on a full C, now I'm leaning more towards a DD. I'm tall so I think I can carry it off without the tits on a stick look. But I am quite thin too, so I do have to be careful :).

Yeah I've just rebooted my workouts (trying Kayla Itsines workouts) for the next 5 weeks to really jump start muscle growth. I'm hoping that will help me keep burning at optimal levels when I'm sitting on my ass doing nothing for 6 weeks hahaha.

Yay Bellaboo - welcome!

Oh god I know what you mean about bikinis. I got extra onto it this year (I had small but Ok C boobs, up until March this year when I started going to the gym 6 times a week), and I bought the Victoria Secret plus 2 cup sizes bikinis. They are gorgeous, but are so padded they are like flotation devices haha. I am so excited that I'm going to be able to fill a bikini all on my own :)

DanniP!! How did you go?! :) :) :) tell me all about it. 12 days for me! Ahhh so exciting.

Aaah MissEmily, so close :)!

It went fabulously. So breezy! I've had the easiest recovery by far, although my boobs are still completely numb so perhaps that's why it's been so easy haha. I walked to the clinic for surgery, I had a bit of a wait around and then I was in and then waking up. I can't remember if we're friends or not but I've got all my pics up (daily updates hahaha) and my boobs are looking great, if I do say so myself ;) ).

You will be fine, it's in and boobies haha! I get my dressings changed tomorrow, which I'm super excited about as mine have lots of blood on them and have been grossing me out for a week :). I wasn't even nervous leading up to it and I had no reason to be! It is all run so smoothly and you will be done before you know it! I'm lucky in that the Twilight or meds didn't make me sick, I've really taken to this sleeping upright and I've had zero pain. It's just a weird tightness at first and like you've worked your chest too hard at the gym, like a muscle soreness. That's gone now too though, so I occasionally get twinges but I think that's the sensation returning :).

All in all easiest and best thing I've done by far!

Eeek - Good Luck to you!!

Oh my goodness ladies I loved reading this thread! So I have just booked in with Dr Kwok on the 30th of March for the consultation and the 31st for surgery. I have just fr you ladies. My status are small frame, 48kg, 163cm tall and currently a size 10b. Not sure how big I'm going yet so off I go looking at more and more before and after pics! :) x

I have surgery with Dr Kwok on Tuesday. Consult is Monday afternoon. I will start packing tomorrow. I have travel pillow, vitamin e cream, laxatives, bendy straws and dry shampoo. I still need to get button up shirts. Staying at the Meriton. I'm excited and nervous, like having a baby. Excited it's happening but the chance that something could go wrong even if very unlikely brings nerves.

Hi guys,

I've just made a booking with Dr.Kwok for July 17th and 18th for back to back consultation and surgery. Going from an A cup to a DD cup (hhopefully!). i am so excited but also very nervous as well! Hoping everything goes well :)