Sign in to follow this  
annie987

compression garments victoria?

HI all, this is my first post although I've been haunting this forum for a while now.  :)

I have my tummy tuck next week, and I've just realized that I need to get a compression garment. (yes, left it to the last moment, as usual) What type did you all get/recommend, and is there anywhere in Melbourne I can actually go and check them out?

thanks for your help!

I'll check out the Marena binder--thanks!

Mrsrosehiptea, he recommended binders from medical vision australia. I was just wondering what everyone else used. Have now ordered the binders from them anyway, just so I can have one :)

I wore this post TT: http://www.hourglassangel.com/first-stage-marena-suit-with-suspenders-and-short-legs-by-comfortwear-fbs

Really helped control the swelling in both the tummy area and thighs.

Not sure where you can buy in Melbourne (above is a US store), but I bought mine in Geelong.

I've heard a lot of people having issues with the binder, in that they are uncomfortable and roll down.  I recently sold my garment to someone because of this and she's glad she now has this garment.

As I said earlier, I bought the garments from Medical Vision in SA. They were fabulous & I had them in 24hrs. I wore the Digibelt wrap around compression belt for the first week and a half, but I'm now wearing the Medical Z Stage 2 full body garment during the day. It's really, really comfortable. (well, as comfortable as these things ever could be)  :)