DanniP

Surgery prior to BA

Hi all! I am all booked in for my BA now but have had some unexpected news.

I have to have surgery to remove a cyst and some scarring around my ovaries, three weeks before my BA. Very annoying!

Anyway my question is if this is going to have an impact on my BA at all? Opposite ends of the body yes, but they pump me full of gas during the surgery which takes a couple of weeks to dissipate and is in direct contrast to the fluid they will pump me with during the BA. I will also be under GA, and my pre op instructions are to stop taking Nurofen and Panadol 2 weeks before surgery. I will also of course then be recovering from the 4-5 incisions they plan on making during the surgery.

Soo, anyone else happened to have something done before their BA?

I should be fine still right?

All these years I could have had these problems but nope, it had to happen right before my BA haha

Oh that's unfortunate Danni!! I'm no help on your situation but I would be ringing or emailing my surgeon and asking what he recommends? Would it be possible to reschedule one of the surgeries so they are not so close together?

Oh thats not ideal you poor thing, I'd just get in contact with your BA surgeon and ask if there is a problem with it from his side of things and even find out if they operate from the same hospital if they can put the surgeries back to back.