Sign in to follow this  
Guest Cosmetic

Chin Implant - Thailand Anyone?

Guest Cosmetic

I am still trying to find someone who has got a chin implant from o/ seas

Hi cosmetic,

I got a chin implant 7.5 weeks ago with Dr Montien and Bumrungrad.  I was happy with the look from the start, however the surgery stretched the nerve that lowers the bottom side of my lower lip. In the past few days the nerve has awoken, and I'm terribly relieved. 

Due to my complication I've read up endlessly on this surgery, and numb and/or paralysed lips are the most common complaints. These nerve complications are almost always temporary, and come with a 6 week - 3 month recovery timeframe.

The other thing I've noticed in the forums is that men are  happier with the outcome than women. Jaw projection is a masculine trait, so unless the jaw is receded, women should not assume they will prefer the end result.

I hope that helps. Let me know if you need any more info.

Ersko

Hi, I have had two surgeries on my chin O/S. I had the bone contoured/shaved first time as my chin was not symmetrical the incision was down through the gum on the inside of my mouth. This is painful- only procedure i've ever had pain worth mentioning from and it did cause nerve damage and my bottom teeth to show more than before and also some involuntary dribbling for a few months lol. I recently had this corrected as the tooth show and slight pebbling of the skin did my head in. I had the scar tissue released and a sub-mucosal resuspension plus jaw angle implants and some bone shaving done on one side of my chin and a chin implant all done through one incision but this time not through the mouth but externally the surgeon went in under my chin. SOOOH much better I have a small scar under my chin but am much happier and the result is way better than going intra-orally and interfering with all the tricky gum ligaments and doesn't affect your smile or bottom tooth show and no dribbling- which is a bonus! 

Hi, I'm a little late to the party but I had a chin implant about a month ago with Dr. Montien also.

It changed my profile dramatically and I couldn't be happier with the result. I would 100% recommend it!

I had nerve damage and talked with a lisp for 3 weeks and now 4 weeks along it has 95% healed.