Sign in to follow this  
A_G

Full bloods & a scale and clean - precautionary... anything else?

I'm determined to be in the very best shape before I depart Perth, and even more determined not to let anything postpone my surgery date in January (that which I can control).

I'm getting a full blood screen done at my GP. Can't stand the thought of a nasty surprise in Phuket.

I'm getting a scale & clean at the dentist - I'm due one in February but I read that it can dislodge bacteria in the mouth and possibly lead to it entering the bloodstream & causing CC.

And I'm working my ass off to shed these final extra kg's that are holding be back from feeling confident.

Did anyone do anything else fairly major to prepare their mind/body? It's such a big trip! I won't have 10 days up my sleeve again for at least 6 months.

I am hitting the gym to get stronger and l plan on having bloods taken and a mammogram. My eating habits have changed as well, not that l ate badly before, l'm just trying to cut out my sweet tooth lol. Good luck with preparing, it's good to have something to motivate you isn't it?  :)

If you can fit in the dentist in Phuket before your op, maybe consider doing it there - a scale & clean is $30 compared to ??? in Australia.

There are dentists on every second street in Phuket, and so much cheaper (and of as good or better quality) than Aust - just like surgery.

Like Sniff has said in previous posts, you can take a loading dose of antibiotics. Maybe search for that topic.

I also wrote comments on a topic about dentistry in Phuket. (A few years ago I got 4x wisdom teeth out for $17 each, with no complaints whatsoever).

We go to HKT every year, and just have my annual check-up over there - I haven't gone to a dentist in Australia for about 8 years  :)