lil_hilz

PIAC guarantee is a lie

Just a word of advice to anyone considering going to PIAC. I can say from personal experience that their “guarantee” is just a marketing ploy and they will do everything they can to get out of it. If you’re deciding between PIAC and BHP and the so called guarantee is the deciding factor, then definitely keep this in mind...

lil_hilz - care to share more about your experience? It was certainly a big sales point for us deciding to go PIAC but I guess its like any form of "insurance" where the person offering it will try to limit paying out on a claim if at all possible.

Are you happy to share your experience please? I'm interested to know because l'm heading over there is December. PM if you prefer. x

Edited to add- l remember reading about one of your implants displacing a while ago- hope everything is okay! xx

I’ve got a couple of threads on here about it but basically my left implant is displaced and sits almost entirely to the side. I have a dull ache and occasional stabbing pains. When I lay down the implant falls completely into my armpit and it’s VERY uncomfortable as it pulls. I can’t sleep on my back anymore and wake up several times in the night if I accidentally roll onto my back.

On top of all this both implants have been placed way too low on my chest so there’s zero upper pole and already look like they’re sagging at 8 months post op.

Dr Veerawat and the PIAC board have decided there’s nothing wrong and that my pain is “nerves reconnecting” so not covered under the guarantee, which is complete bull. Anyway that’s the short version for those wondering!

PS llwoody definitely go with Dr Piyapis - I wish I had!

How frustrating! I'm sure you have sent pictures and explained how your implant is falling into your armpit. I would not give up if that if the case. I would remind them that you are on a forum and it is not good business for them! Hang in there, l do hope you eventually get some sort of outcome. xx

Hi everyone,

I wouldn't say PIAC's guarantee is a lie. I know of people who had their surgeries redone while still being backed up by a guarantee. Depending on the severity of the case they decide if they pay for your flights and accommodation also..

I would however recommend recording consultations on voice recorders on your phone.... A friend of mine was talked out of having a lift done during her consult, so the result didn't end up being as she wanted it to be. When going through the review board she was told that she has never been advised against the lift. So back yourselfs up!

The thing is, if you've been botched, as I have by PIAC, why would you go back there to the same surgeon. If he couldn't get it right the first time, how will he get a revision right? This is where I am, they can stick their guarantee up the proverbial.