MissH

getting a lift - consent says reduction

Hi Ladies

so i'm getting a lift in 25 days and the paperwork from my surgeon was sent through a week ago. His surgeon sent me the paper work for a reduction instead of a lift and when i questioned it she said its for rebate purposes. I dont want to sign a form saying:

"I hereby request the above named surgeon(s) and/or their associates to perform a surgical procedure known as reduction mammaplasty, a plastic surgical procedure to alter the size and shape of my breasts.  This procedure has been explained to me by the doctor(s) and I completely understand its nature and consequences"

How should i go about getting the correct paper work without being bitchy? I've had issues with this assistant in the past.

Hanni I think for Medicare purposes a "lift" is classified as a reduction as they are removing breast tissue to lift them up therefore reducing your breast size and altering the shape. It's just the term that that use xx

Hey Jjgirl. Im going back to my original Dr. Luke Stradwick. Im getting a lift as I have the waterfall effect. my tissue is falling over my implant and the implant is very obvious and my nipple is very low. they kind of look long and saggy. Can i FR you?

Ok so i wont go in there and get a reduction and then have no leg to stand on? lol. I think i may not sign it until i have my next appointment on weds. Thanks for explaining x

I was a bit confused by the terminology they use too hanniepie,  I got a quote from Dr Tavakoli that said "Reduction mammaplasty (unilateral) with surgical repositioning of nipple"  -  I was thinking uh I don't need them to be any smaller haha.  Not long to go for you now :)  How are you feeling about going back in?

So it is right? lol. Im feeling ok. trying not to overthink things or get excited just in case my results arent great. how are you going? are you happier?

I think so,  that must just be the technical term they use for the hospital and paperwork side of things.  Fingers crossed you get amazing results - I'm sure you will.  I have my surgery in two weeks time eeeep!! I trust I am in good hands though.  I still wonder whether I will need a lift on both sides or just the one but Dr M reckons I will get away with just a lift on one side.  I guess I will see when I get in there for my pre - op appointment.  My skin is definitely thinner than it was pre pregnancy/breastfeeding.