halo1988

Dr Harwood (Rejuvenation Clinic) Brisbane girls

Im currently residing in Melbourne and considering travelling to Brisbane to have a consultation with Dr Harwood. 

My reason being is that my sister and I are wanting to undergo breast augmentation together in Feb 2015. My whole family resides on the Gold Coast and I would be well supported post-op. 

I was wondering if there were any girls out there who have had their breast augmentation with Dr Harwood?

My mother also doesn't approve of me having the surgery, however is supportive and just wants me to be safe. Of course she is pushing for a plastic surgeon, and while I appreciate they go through more 'hoops' I have been reading reviews on Dr Harwood and despite him being a cosmetic surgeon, he has over 20 years experience and now only solely focuses on breast surgery.

Did anyone else um and ah over Plastic/Cosmetic surgeon?

Any feedback positive or negative is welcome!

Thanks!  :)

Dr Harwood is amazing I had the best experience with him. He and his team are very professional and I felt totally in safe hands the whole time through pre-op to post-op. He's very experienced (which I believe is more important than the whole plastic vs cosmetic thing) and I am very glad I chose him. I'll FR you and you can check out my results so far if you like (:

Love him and my boobies!

Have had an amazing recovery and there nothing I would change during the before and after process. I agree with everything GlitterKitty said a very professional and friendly team from Dr H himself, the receptionist and the nurses. There isn't one complaint yet, if I had a question post op I would just call and ask and every time the receptionist was super friendly. I haven't yet seen a Dr H BA that I haven't liked, there all amazing BAs.

I am also a Harwood girl and am now at nearly 5 weeks post op. His bedside manner is very warm but also professional. He explains everything well. His nurses are just lovely. I had similar reservations about using a cosmetic surgeon but the 2 PS I saw for consults were cold and didn't seemed interested. Dr. Harwood said he does over 9 BA's a week so he knows what he is doing. :)

I am also a Dr Harwood girl. I am 10 weeks post op.  I cannot recommend him enough. He is fantastic.  His staff are also fantastic.  Pre and post op care has been wonderful.  I have never heard of anyone having a bad experience with him.  He is a magician. Feel free to FR to check out my pics if you wish.

I've not had my BA yet but am booked in for 28 Nov. I was pretty apprehensive about having surgery and extremely nervous about all the 'what ifs' of everything that could go wrong. To be honest the plastic / cosmetic surgeon wasn't a massive thing for me - I simply wanted someone who knows what they're doing, came highly recommended, has great pre & post op care and ultimately someone I felt comfortable with. I've had other consults and despite the fact they'd had impressive results and clearly are exceptionally good at what they do - I just didn't feel comfortable. I've had a couple consults with Dr H and each time he's answered 101 questions and has also allowed me the time to try on sizers with one of my GFs in the recovery room for 1/2 hour prior to my consult. He's very clear about what shapes / size he recommends and can explain very clearly why the risks are if you choose options outside of his recommendations. Although nervous about surgery I'm not concerned at all about the actual BA. There are so many girls on this forum who have been to see Dr H and all speak extremely highly of him. I know they've all made me feel confident and at ease.

Hi girls, thanks so much for all your stories! That makes me feel very comfortable and excited :)

I had a consult today with Dr Topchain in Melbourne just to have a chat to a surgeon and get some opinions. 

He recommended the P-URE implant which Dr Harwood uses and which I agree with. However what did concern me is that he recommended over the muscle placement. Now I do have some breast tissue about a B cup, however I stressed that I was wanting a natural look and fear that the over the muscle placement would give me harsh implant edges and make them look to fake. 

Another concern of course is future mammograms, I don't have a history of breast cancer in my family however being able to have clear results is very reassuring. 

The logic behind his reason for recommending over the muscle (I will try to explain to the best of my ability) is:

- I plan on having children in the next 4-6 years. He said that due to the type of implant having the polyurethane coating having a velcro like effect the implant would be essentially held where the surgeon puts it. He said that having the implant behind the muscle would allow my natural breast tissue to droop while the implant (behind the muscle) remains in place, creating a disconnection look. 

- He explained that his reason for recommending in front of the muscle was that while it wouldn't prevent sagging, it could hold off drooping for longer as my breast tissue would grow into the polyurethane coating and as my natural breast tissue drooped naturally the implant would come with it, allowing it to continue to look natural. 

I think going to the consult has just made me even more confused! I am planning on travelling to Brisbane within the next month to have a consult with Dr Harwood for a second opinion. Im not going to tell him what recommendation I was given and see what he has to say. 

From the looks of lot of women on here, it appears that his preference is dual plane. 

Could I ask what the reasons for Dr Harwoods recommendation of placement was for you girls??

I weat under the muscle as I wanted a natural look. I'm 44 so finished having children so that situation wasn't an issue for me.

What Dr T said about going over the muscle does make sense. I guess is you really want to go under the muscle, you could look at getting smooth's but you do have a higher chance of getting CC.

I went under the muscle too since I have a small frame and not much natural breast tissue. I asked about dual plane on the day of my op, I'm struggling to remember exactly why he said it wasn't for me (it was very early and I was a bit out of it) but I'm pretty sure he said something about filling out the bottom half of the breast and possibly helps to give you a bit of a lift if you have sagging? He said I didn't need either of those and that just under the muscle was fine. I'm sorry I can't remember his exact words but just ask him when you go he'll explain it all and recommend the best option for you (:

I hope nobody minds me reviving an old post, I'd love to hear more opinions on dr harwood. How was the consultation? What was the price? Did you feel safe and comfortable during surgery? Do you regret using dr harwood? What was the after care like? Do you buy a bra or do they supply one? Do they supply the medication or is that an extra cost? I'm shopping around for a surgeon currently and I'm deciding between dr harwood and dr Phil richardson any help would be greatly appreciated. I've added a few friends from this post to see results. If that's not minded.

Hi KrystalMx3!

I started this thread and decided to go with Dr Harwood. I had my surgery on the 6.2.15 and have never looked back!

There are so many girls on this site who have gone with Dr Harwood and are very happy! I haven't heard anything negative about him. 

I came from Melbourne for my consultation, as I am originally from Queelsland and my sister still lives there and we were having the procedure together.

As such he accommodated me and my sister by allowing us to have our consolation together, and our mum also joined. 

The consultation was great, he asked us about what he wanted among other things and then we tried on sizers. I had been to previous consultations and with other surgeons and he recommended exactly the same as them, which suggested to me that he was holding true to the outcome that I wanted and I trusted him 100% and ended up going with his recommendations. 

I paid $9750 for the surgery with a $500 non-refundable deposit to be paid when booking your surgery date and the balance to be paid prior to surgery, I just used a bank cheque. When I booked the surgery date they were booked out, but accommodated me as I was coming from interstate by allowing me to come in earlier then normal to have my surgery which I thought was wonderful!

The day of the surgery I wasn't nervous in a way about the surgery, I was more nervous about post op recovery. I also have a needle phobia (can't see the needle prior to them putting it into me otherwise I freak out!) and they were very nice about this, the whole experience was very calm despite actually walking yourself into the operating room. The next thing I remember was being fully dressed in the clothes I arrived in and sitting in a chair with some water, biscuits and jelly beans for me eat. I don't really remember leaving or getting into the car to go home either but thats normal after surgery. 

He does provide you with a post op bra and you can chose from black or white and you can keep it. I found it not very comfortable and opted to use some sports bras a bought from Target instead which he said was fine as long as I was comfortable, but my sister loved the bra so much I gave her mine, so I guess its a personal choice. 

After care was exceptional, he gives you his personal mobile number so you can contact him at any time, which was very reassuring. I am also a worrier so every bit of pain or discomfort I felt (which is by the way totally normal) I would begin to worry, you are also required to sleep on an 45-90 degree angle for the first few nights at least, I also love my sleep and I found this part difficult and wasn't sleeping well, I think I pulled some muscles in my back and was over all exhausted. However this is in no way related to Dr Harwood, it was just how my body coped with my recovery. I also had some bad side effects from my pain medication but after about 5 days I no longer needed them anyway. Dr Harwood was always seeing how I was going which was nice :)

All the medications you need post op he will provide to you prior to your surgery and are included in the price. He will sit down with you and explain what they are. They are placed in a snap lock bag and there is a label affixed telling you when to take them and some directions such as don't drive while taking this medication or have with food. He gives you more medication then needed  so I have plenty left. Medications are your antibiotic, pain killers (stronger and then less stronger to reduce yourself), valium (if you are having unders as this assists with relaxing your chest muscles to reduce tightness and discomfort), nausea medication and some sleeping tablets, which didn't knock you out, but more aided in getting to sleep. 

All in all, I love my results and so does my sister. I have put up photos on my profile so feel free to friend request me to see his results!  :D

Thank you so much for providing such an amazing reply, that was very, very helpful. I keep swaying between dr harwood and dr richardson. I have sent you a friend request, can't wait to see your results and I can't wait to meet dr harwood. I also have a fear of needles and I'm not very good with pain, so not remembering any of the surgery would actually be awesome for me. I'm glad your recovering well and had a surgeon whom you loved and made the process such a positive one. I can't wait to have mine done.

( o ) ( o )

I am also a Harwood girl. I am now 5 months post op and very happy with the results. I found Dr. Harwood caring, listened to my needs but also honest with the outcome..........particularly as I have a natural gap. The before and after care, consults and op were a high level of care. Everything was explained to me properly. I paid $9750 which included implants, all consults, op, twilight anathestic, medication, and surgical bra. I have hear Dr. Richardson is very good. Decisions, decisions! :)