lizzy74

10 days post op - sore?

Hi, I had a TT with MR and lipo 10 days ago and yesterday I had a sore tummy - this morning my stomach is still sore and when I feel around my new belly button I have a donut shaped hardness around it - which is what is sore - I am only sore on my left hand side.  The soreness is near my lipo spot and new belly button not the TT scar.

When I read "when to call rooms" sheet it says if weeping, temperature or red - I don't have any of this.

Do you think I need to be concerned?

Up until this point I have been recovering really well and haven't had pain killers for days - but now I'm back on them.

Has anyone else had this?  I hope this makes sense.

Thanks

Very annoying on antibiotics now, if no improvement in 24 hours then back to hospital for IV antibiotics, hard lump seems to be the infection - gross! I also have red hot skin and a temp so fingers and toes crossed for an amazing recovery!

Thanks for your replies, I have now been admitted to hospital for IV antibiotics to fight an infection. Since I posted this question Thrn developed a hot red flair, started oral antibiotics, however continued to spread & tonight I have been admitted to hospital. I really hope I can get better without surgery. I must say I have been impressed by the level of care received by Craig Rubinstein & his team ... Will be even more impressed when I'm better. My only comment is if you have any concerns follow them up, YOU know your body best.

Thanks nurse, I had a procedure today and they drained 275 ml of infection, I'm so sad, looks like a long stay in hospital until I'm better & possibly surgery. Just want to feel better so I can be with the ones I love & enjoy my new bod.

Hope u r going well.

Maggie & tatas thanks for your messages too, I am at such an emotional low point I appreciate u taking the time to reply.

Can't wait to hear your surgery journey tatas and your amazing, speedy & smooth recovery!

You poor thing hope you are doing better. How long did they say you will stay in hospital?

This is something I dread considering I'm going private without insurance and if something happens I can't afford to stay any longer. I guess I'd have to be sent to the public hospital

Hi newchange, you will be fine, I am just very, very, unlucky. This is like a one in a zillion chance of happening - maybe I should buy a tatts ticket too. No idea how long I will be staying, I have 3 Docs allocated to me & all have said how long I stay in is still unknown,I guess once the results of the infection are known & all is gone from my body, I am being optimistic & hoping I can go home Sunday, but will keep you posted.

Thanks for your concern

Chin up, your in the best place and IV anties work so much better.

Any explanation as to how you got infected so soon

I'm 11 weeks and back on oral anties today for three very small breaks in my scar

The rest of the scar is just beautiful and no real reason just frustrating for both me and PS

Nurse, what a nuisance, hope the antis work ASAP and your scar heals over. My body is responding well, fever has gone, still on IV antis & have drain tube. Have another ultra sound Monday, fingers & ties crossed I can go home early next week. I'm in a much better head space now I'm getting better, just miss my boys.

Hi Lizzy

only just saw these posts! I too have an infection. Mine is just above my tt scar below the belly button its red and hot. I sent a pic to my surgeon and I'm on oral anti biotics as of today. one of my drain sites below my tt scar (basically on my vagina) burst yesterday and loads of fluid came out. I'm glad it is coming out actually.

How are you feeling??????? You're definitely not alone xx

Hi Captain, mine started from my belly button. I was so sick with fever & flu symptoms. I started on oral antis & the redness continued to grow & I kept on getting sick .. Then hospital etc.

If u feel better, that is a great outcome, if u feel worse or redness spreads highly recommend ed. I have been told they have never seen an infection like mine from a TT :( I'd prefer to be a pioneer in recovery. U have had your share of bad luck, hope u get better soon. Feel free to send me a message I'm always on my phone .. I know I'm getting better as I'm bored :)

Soooooo glad to hear you're doing better!!!! Very true about being a pioneer in recovery....doesn't help that I work at the hospital sooooo that's a big reason I want to avoid it haha! I was getting chills before where I'd be freezing and shaking but the redness doesn't seem to be spreading knock on wood! Haha bad luck alright just want to be on the up and up! Makes me question going back in December for my boob job thats for sure although if my arms haven't healed properly (my arm pits haven't healed yet) he won't be able to do it anyway! Ahhhhh well!! Least we have tiny tummys hey??? Haha

xx

Thank you everyone for your kind words!

I had my first night at home and was so nice to be with my 3 boys (2 sons and my hubby) - so good for my mental health.  I went and saw my surgeon today and the drain will be removed tomorrow - thank heavens!  I have a couple of hurdles to get over until he is confident I have "turned the corner" with this infection.  However, I did get the fright of my life when they said the infection I had (anaerobic) was life threatening - so I'm pleased I'm still here in one piece and when I'm fully recovered will have a smokin' hot tummy!

3 weeks ago today I had the surgery and I have no regrets, and I am so pleased I chose my surgeon Craig Rubinestein as he has been absolutely amazing in treating my infection and recovery.

Hope everyone is doing well, healing well and starting to enjoy their fabulous new bodies.

Hi Lizzy,

Hope things continue to improve for you each day. The life threatening nature of the infection must have been a massive shock to you and your family.

I hope that the worst is behind you now, rest up and don't do too much now you are home.