Hi everyone,

put up some photos of my TT which I had 11 days ago in Melbourne. All has gone well, still very swollen in areas, but am getting better everyday, and starting to stand up straighter. Hoping that the muscle repair may have a positive effect on my posture and then help my back which has been bad since having my first child (both boys 10lb 5). Most of the really damaged skin has been removed, though there is a little bit left that was above my belly button.

I'm really pleased so far, and hopefully in several weeks, when I can start exercising again, I will feel and look great. Only need my BA to look like the profile pic/avatar;)........roll on Sept 10

chacha

How do I find your pictures??

if you want to view a members album: left click once on their name and then select 'profile'.You will then be taken to their page...on the lefthand side of their page you will usually see an option for 'album'...if you don't see this option? 1) you firstly need to request a friendship with them or 2) they don't have an album. ;)

Hi mybodybliss,

yes I am very happy with the change!! It was a full TT, with muscle repair with new belly button, it's just that the area of skin to be pulled down was in a smaller area, sort of ball shaped and I didn't need so much of the contouring at the sides of my waist (mostly because my pregnancies stuck straight out infront....I was huge LOL)

Spots, hope you have managed to view the pics (have sent a friend request so you can), thanks mybodybliss for the explanation:)

chacha

Hi mybodybliss,

yes I am very happy with the change!! It was a full TT, with muscle repair with new belly button, it's just that the area of skin to be pulled down was in a smaller area, sort of ball shaped and I didn't need so much of the contouring at the sides of my waist (mostly because my pregnancies stuck straight out infront....I was huge LOL)

Spots, hope you have managed to view the pics (have sent a friend request so you can), thanks mybodybliss for the explanation:)

chacha

ouchies! can I ask at what stage you knew you'd need muscle repair? any feeling to the skin yet or is all of the pain limited to the muscle area underneath the skin?

Ever since having baby no.1 I had a protruding tummy (with only a couple of cm of fat overlaying), but after no.2, it really sat out a lot, just as you see in the pics, despite me being 54kg and reasonable lean. There was no amount of exercises etc that would make a difference, and the more weight I lost, the worse it looked! (had been 64kg after kids born) I also possibly had a small hernia near the belly button, but being such a dummy at my post op appointment I forgot to ask if there was one LOL! Will ask when I have my 6 week post op appointment.

I have also suffered from a bad back since having the kids, and the PS said it may help even though the muscles aren't the core tummy muscles, as I may have been trying to hold my tummy in all the time, which was probably upsetting the balance of support muscles and thus causing tension on my lower back muscles IYKWIM.

I did a test the other day to see what I could feel, and I have feeling in most areas (albeit a sort of numb feeling) except for in the area in the middle just above the scar line, where there is no feeling yet. The pain is virtually gone now, it's more of a tightness in the muscles, particularaly after sitting for a while. It then takes a bit to stand up straight, but I'm sure it's still very early days for that. If I poke at areas, I suppose it is still tender, more so around the belly button and the very top of the muscle repair (just below the sternum) The skin just feels tight, no pain

:)

thanks for the info chacha!

it's amazing the damage done to our bodies following pregnancy isn't it? it's all worth it in the end but it sure makes us feel better to have some of the damage undone!

Glad you are healing well. Could I be nosey and ask you the out of pocket cost of you TT? and the medicare rebate etc....did you have a healthfund rebate also? Thanks :-)

Haven't got any money back as yet, but all up it cost $5 500 for PS, $1900 for Anaesthetist. I had private health, so hosp and bed was covered (though had a $500 excess)

I believe I get back just under $1000 for the PS, and not sure with the Anaesthetist, possibly around 7 or $800

There is also some sort of tax perk, but you don't get anything actually back, but it goes towards out of pocket medical expenses in your claim.

HTH

chacha

Haven't got any money back as yet, but all up it cost $5 500 for PS, $1900 for Anaesthetist. I had private health, so hosp and bed was covered (though had a $500 excess)

I believe I get back just under $1000 for the PS, and not sure with the Anaesthetist, possibly around 7 or $800

There is also some sort of tax perk, but you don't get anything actually back, but it goes towards out of pocket medical expenses in your claim.

HTH

chacha

thank-you!

did you compare the pricing to Thailand? I wonder how much it would be here without being a member of a healthcare fund? hmmmm...wonder if you could claim it on tax if it could somehow be related to needing to look good for your profession? ie: personal trainer etc? hehe.

Yes, looked into having it done in Thailand, but didn't want to do BA and TT at the same time (I just can't imagine not being able to move from the tummy area, or use my arms!!). I would have been up for the flight, accomm for 2 weeks, proceedure, and my hubby would have had to waste is holiday time being at home looking after the kids. Didn't really make sense to do it that way, when for around the same amount or a tad more, I could do it just up the road, and have my parents come for a weeks to help out with the kids.

I think they would have done a great job over there, but the recovery to half normal is at least 2 weeks, no shopping and partying with that either. But I'm hoping with my BA I will definitely be back in action after a week, and can enjoy some of the delights of Thailand ;).......albeit with the kids.....can't wait!!!!!

chacha