leah1234

Help! I need a revision rhinoplasty. Who is the best doctor

Hey so I had my first rhinoplasty by a female doctor on the Gold Coast and she totally ruined my nose. I wish I never had one. I'm based in brisbane and finding it very hard to find the best surgeon for the job. I had an appointment with dr mooney but he isn't the nicest guy and very expensive. Any recommendations ?

Guest Cosmetic

Hey so I had my first rhinoplasty by a female doctor on the Gold Coast and she totally ruined my nose. I wish I never had one. I'm based in brisbane and finding it very hard to find the best surgeon for the job. I had an appointment with dr mooney but he isn't the nicest guy and very expensive. Any recommendations ?

He's a cosmetic surgeon may I ask how much he charged you? 

Guest Cosmetic

Dr George Marcells   

Dr Warwick Nettle                 Are to be known good revision Plastic Surgeons 

All costs included it would cost me $16,000 according to Dr Mooney. But I'm from brisbane so travels included would cost even more :(

I thought he was a plastic and ENT surgeon. Can I get any compensation from the doctor who originally ruined my nose ?

Guest Cosmetic

Sorry to say that sounds very cheap .it should be $20,000 + with a PS  My Primary was just under $16,000.00..  you would be taking a great risk with him as he's only a cosmetic surgeon!

No Dr.Mooney is a Cosmetic ENT Surgeon ... very popular vith famous people apparently ... They obviously did'nt do there research when undergoing a procedure with him...

Plastic Surgeon all the way for me!!

I'm not going to go with Dr Mooney. He's quite arrogant and the consultation was rushed and he was bragging about how he does the most rhino's etc. so you would recommend dr Marcells or dr nettle ?

I looked at dr nettles before n after pics and wasn't very impressed

I'm not going to go with Dr Mooney. He's quite arrogant and the consultation was rushed and he was bragging about how he does the most rhino's etc. so you would recommend dr Marcells or dr nettle ?

I looked at dr nettles before n after pics and wasn't very impressed this is such a hard decision.

Hi Leah,

I completely understand what you are going through. I had a disappointing primary performed and I am currently recovery from revision surgery performed by Dr Ian Carlisle on Wednesday (Im based in Melbourne). I searched for a long time to find Dr Carlisle. I initially thought I was going to go with Dr Southwick, however he did the same thing that you said Dr Mooney did, rushed me and bragging that he does rhinoplasty for celebrities. Trust me, its all marketing. 

I think you have made the right choice to not proceed with Dr Mooney. I was considering going to Sydney before I found Dr Carlisle, however I was not convinced by the things I read that also Dr Marcells and Dr Nettle were capable of revision.  

Hi Cosmetic,

I spoke to other people on a forum called make me heal who had difficult secondaries and we discussed the 2 surgeons you asked about. Also in regards to Dr M, one girl said she needed a third revision by him. Primary and secondary surgery are very different, so although a surgeon may be good at primary rhinoplasty or other procedures (such as BA or liposuction), researching to see if they have the skills to perform a revision is vital to the outcome for the patient. 

Hi Cosmetic,

I spoke to other people on a forum called make me heal who had difficult secondaries and we discussed the 2 surgeons you asked about. Also in regards to Dr M, one girl said she needed a third revision by him. Primary and secondary surgery are very different, so although a surgeon may be good at primary rhinoplasty or other procedures (such as BA or liposuction), researching to see if they have the skills to perform a revision is vital to the outcome for the patient.

Hi Leah1234,

I have my cast taken off on Wednesday, so just send me a reminder and I can keep you updated with my results. 

I shared a room in Cabrini hospital with another girl who had a revision that was done by Dr Carlisle straight after mine. Once we started feeling better that afternoon we got talking and she showed me photos of her primary (these photos are the ones that Dr Carlisle gets you to have done by Anne from Metamorphics). Unfortunately her primary was worse then mine, she has her done in India. But what Dr Carlisle was going to do to fix it looked so natural and good. I will actually see her on Wednesday as well when she has her cast taken off so I can let you know.

So far from my cast I can already see that my nose is straight :) Dr Carlisle took cartilage from inside my nose and straightened my septum. My tip didn't need work, however we took a very small amount off the top of my tip so my nose was more defined.

From my research the best surgeons is melbourne for revision are Dr Carlisle, Dr Tony Holmes and Dr Stephen Kleid.

Guest Cosmetic

Hi Leah1234,

I have my cast taken off on Wednesday, so just send me a reminder and I can keep you updated with my results. 

I shared a room in Cabrini hospital with another girl who had a revision that was done by Dr Carlisle straight after mine. Once we started feeling better that afternoon we got talking and she showed me photos of her primary (these photos are the ones that Dr Carlisle gets you to have done by Anne from Metamorphics). Unfortunately her primary was worse then mine, she has her done in India. But what Dr Carlisle was going to do to fix it looked so natural and good. I will actually see her on Wednesday as well when she has her cast taken off so I can let you know.

So far from my cast I can already see that my nose is straight :) Dr Carlisle took cartilage from inside my nose and straightened my septum. My tip didn't need work, however we took a very small amount off the top of my tip so my nose was more defined.

From my research the best surgeons is melbourne for revision are Dr Carlisle, Dr Tony Holmes and Dr Stephen Kleid.

Dr andrew Greensmith ? I thought he was good ? 

Guest Cosmetic

Hi Cosmetic,

I haven't mentioned Dr Greensmith. I am talking about revision rhinoplasty.

He's known for revision as well

I remember one of my friend had who did rhinoplasty two times. I didn't find any defect in her nose but she was very keen on rectifying it. She had a small hump that wasn't bad at all. She was hell-bent on getting it done. Her first rhinoplasty was a disaster. She had breathing trouble after that. It had completely changed the angle of her nose in relation to the upper lip. That was pretty embarrassing for her. She almost had plans to sue her doctor for that. The recovery time was also pretty long. Nothing could help her but another rhinoplasty.  She then  had to consult Dr. McLean at Mississauga. He made her mentally strong and she had another plastic surgery. Its been a year now. The hump has gone and also the defects caused in her first surgery were rectified. So I would advise you that make sure that you choose the right doctor. If possible try getting reviews from his previous patients. That helps a lot.

Hi all,

I had my revision done with Andrew Greensmith its been over 2 years now, he did an amazing job it turned out better than I expected.  I am so happy that I found him and I am so happy that I chose him.  Good luck

Im seeing him again on Monday for a check up...also he is so caring and lovely man.

I had surgery with Ian Carlisle 2 years ago and it's been the biggest regret of my life. He has the usual standard spiel about what he can do for your nose. I know this because the first time I went in he said the same thing as the second time, he probably didn't realise he had already told me. He seems like a nice guy but as soon as u have issues he will make u feel like u are wrong. Half the things he did he didn't discuss with me and told me to wait for swelling to go down. My nose looked crooked upon cast removal and it's still crooked now. Instead of admitting fault he injected fillers into my nose as his quick fix! I have a graft pushing thru the end of my nose tip and it's constantly uncomfortable. The graft wasn't as obvious early in the recovery process because of swelling but now it looks hideous. I have open pores on one side of my nose too because of a bulge in my nostril that I never had before surgery. I came in with one thing I hated about my nose and now I'm left with 5 things I hate!!! IAfter all my research into rhino over the last couple years I know now that he was a poor choice, I wasted 12k of my hard earned savings to feel worse about myself and now I'll have to spent 20k to try fix it!

I had surgery with Ian Carlisle 2 years ago and it's been the biggest regret of my life. He has the usual standard spiel about what he can do for your nose. I know this because the first time I went in he said the same thing as the second time, he probably didn't realise he had already told me. He seems like a nice guy but as soon as u have issues he will make u feel like u are wrong. Half the things he did he didn't discuss with me and told me to wait for swelling to go down. My nose looked crooked upon cast removal and it's still crooked now. Instead of admitting fault he injected fillers into my nose as his quick fix! I have a graft pushing thru the end of my nose tip and it's constantly uncomfortable. The graft wasn't as obvious early in the recovery process because of swelling but now it looks hideous. I have open pores on one side of my nose too because of a bulge in my nostril that I never had before surgery. I came in with one thing I hated about my nose and now I'm left with 5 things I hate!!! IAfter all my research into rhino over the last couple years I know now that he was a poor choice, I wasted 12k of my hard earned savings to feel worse about myself and now I'll have to spent 20k to try fix it!

I had my surgery done by Dr Carlisle and then the revision the same. My septum warped causing it to sort of cave in. I had forgotten that he did fillers for a while after, your post reminded me. Then after my wedding, he did the revision. I was pretty happy with the revision, but definitely annoyed I had to have it. He didn't charge me for the revision, did you have to pay?

I had a primary with a surgeon who was good at breast implants and had it revised with George marcells. I've had cartridge removed and added, injections... The works!! Don't want to go into too many details but whatever you do, never go to a surgeon who  does other body work. Biggest mistake ever! It's like going into a restaurant where they sell every type of food.