Abevemi

Interstate travellers going to TCI

I stayed at the Meriton, just round the corner to their parramatta clinic. We Flew in 9am consult that day (Wednesday) 3pm, flew out Friday night. Total of 3 sleeps. TCI say that you can fly after 48 hours, but if you don't mind paying for an extra night I'd say stay another day.

Literally just stayed at the hotel and slept, walked down the road for lunch on the last day but there are cafes at the hotel, and room service. You're so tired, that you don't have much energy. Travel with someone, there is no way you can carry your luggage 2 days after a BA.

The hotel was great, everything you needed and they gave us free late check out (call up just before your check out time and say your tired, be really nice about it they shouldn't have a problem. Otherwise it's $50 per hour after 10).

The day of surgery we walked to the clinic (literally 5 minutes). The nurses call a cab for you to get back to the hotel, cost $20 even though it was such a short trip but you don't really care post op, just want to get into bed! Taxi from hotel to airport was $60, we got there on Wednesday by train from the airport, $17 each.

Hope that helped! :)

Thank you ladies :)

Hubby is petrified of staying home with the kids, so I think we will have to all drive up and have a mini holiday whilst there.  4/5 nights sounds perfect :)

I am flying from Melbourne in May with hubby and 2 kids for BA and I am a bit nervous bringing the kids. My kids are 8 and 4.  please let me know your experience. I think them being in the consult room is what is stresing me out and if they accommodate for children there. 

I am flying from Melbourne in May with hubby and 2 kids for BA and I am a bit nervous bringing the kids. My kids are 8 and 4.  please let me know your experience. I think them being in the consult room is what is stresing me out and if they accommodate for children there.

At the parramatta clinic no they didn't seem to be able to cater for kids. Are you telling your kids what the procedure is for etc? If you are you could have them on iPads or something just sitting in the corner in the consult room. Or go in by yourself and just call your hubby in for the sizing part. I made size decision alone as my hubby stayed home in WA and my mum didn't want me to go "too big". I'm glad that I made the call without anyone else's influence, when I look back now.

At the parramatta clinic no they didn't seem to be able to cater for kids. Are you telling your kids what the procedure is for etc? If you are you could have them on iPads or something just sitting in the corner in the consult room. Or go in by yourself and just call your hubby in for the sizing part. I made size decision alone as my hubby stayed home in WA and my mum didn't want me to go "too big". I'm glad that I made the call without anyone else's influence, when I look back now.

The consult rooms are very small and probably not the best place for kiddies.  I would be getting hubby to take your kids for a walk or up to Westfield Parramatta whilst you have your consult.  

I'm using airbnb and staying with my partner in Bondi. Its a fantastic alternative if you want to save a bit of cash.

Goodness, are you sure you want to stay in a strangers home to recover? I can't think of anything worse. Eeek

Or can you rent entire apartments?

There are so many great places on airbnb hey?! 

I've used them a couple of times before (an apartment in Darlinghurst and a villa in Bali) and both times were great! 

You can have an entire furnished and equipped apartment for around $100 per night. This is definitely my plan once I book in at Bondi TCI.