Rustnut

Post op blues and anxiety

Hey all. 24 hours post op and i feel miserable, uptight and stressed.

I hurt. I cant move and barely can take a nice deep breath. I just want to go back to normal me and take them out...

Anyone else ever felt the same? What have I done..

yup, definitely went through that! especially hearing my 10 month old cry and i couldnt do anything about it!!! It does get better tho!! it doesnt last long! i too wanted it to be back to normal like what did i do.. but it does change!!!!! 

Sending big virtual hugs. What you're going through right now is perfectly normal. Quite a lot of patients experience surgery blues within first 48 upto 10 days post op. Surgery is a big thing and everyone warns you about physical side effects but no one ever mentions the psychological impact it can have on you. With pain, pain meds, exhaustion, body in shock, lack of sleep the mind starts to wonder crazy things but trust me on this, the thoughts you're having right now will disappear the moment you start feeling better, when the pain subsides, you get some rest and your boobies start looking normal instead of swollen and bruised balls, you might not be able to see it right now but in two weeks time you'll look back and those thoughts will be far from your mind :) Just rest as much as you can, take lots of pain meds and shove some ice packs down your top to help ease the pain and bring swelling down xox

Thanks Shakie. Just feeling so overwhelmed and now to top it off I gave gone from having a hard toned stomach with abs, to a soft floppy tummy which looks like i just gave birth!!!

Haha the things we put ourselves through...

OMG I thought I was the only one that happened to... All the fluid sat right around my hips and on top of my belly and everytime I moved I could feel the fluid jiggling like jelly lol so totally feel your pain :( HAHA all in the name of beauty lol it will all be worth it just wait and see xox

I felt exactly the same, I cried to my husband and said what have I done! I didn't even wanna look in the mirror! It will pass trust me! Wait to u get to about 3 weeks and it will only get better from there! I'm 8 weeks and they are so much softer and less ball like. U will love them. Just give it time as this won't last forever!

I was great up until the three week mark, then its been like a double dose of pms...crying one min, grumpy another then happy the next....i know its post surgery blues but still doesnt make it go away any faster :-(

A combination of all the excitement and build up leading up to the ops, a holiday in my favourite place, then crashed with hubby getting in an accident and no being able to come with me so going it alone, then when home straight back to work and full duties due to staffing issues. ...i stayed strong and handeled it as long as i could....now its all caught up with me :-(

Very normal to have anxiety & down days. All the meds are coming out of your system. I had crazy anxiety for 2 weeks but it does pass. Rest as much as you can. Eat lots of fruit & veg & water to flush your system. In a few weeks you will feel so much better x

I am sorry to hear you are feeling like this. Just know that you won't have these feelings forever. While you feel uncomfortable physically and also emotionally, just know that your body is doing some massive healing. Make sure you keep up your water intake to help flush out the fluid that is making you feel like the Michelin Man, and also sleep/rest. By a week's time, you will be feeling in a more positive place. Please know too that if you are having down days to reach out to us on the forum. A lot of us have gone through those emotions after our BA. Hugs to you! x

Omg the bloating is making me cry! I had my BA done on Wednesday. Yesterday was my big crying day. I'll be happier once my stomach goes down. As if not being able to exercise is bad enough!!

Omg the bloating is making me cry! I had my BA done on Wednesday. Yesterday was my big crying day. I'll be happier once my stomach goes down. As if not being able to exercise is bad enough!!

Ok now I'm starting g to think if I'll be ok.....if you ladies are having trouble with the pain and swelling after BA how sm I going to go after BA BL plus TT......is there any ladies that have had all 3 done at the same time. I've worked so hard to drop this weight now the bloating is going to make me gain dress sizes? To the ladies on the other side how long till you were back in your normal size clothes? I'm going to find some inner strength somewhere to get through this I think :(

The bloating is from the drugs Honeybee. So they tell me. I'm sure once I start moving again it will wear off. So you will have to be ok with it sticking around a bit longer as you'll be immobile for longer but it will be worth it.

Everything we're all feeling is very normal from what I've read and heard. Post anaesthetic Blues. Bit like baby blues.

My pain isn't too bad today. So far today I've not had any pain killers. My right side is way worse than left

Honeybee my friend had BA and BL and then TT 18 months later. She is one tough chick and in her words the TT pain post op was "hectic"

Thank you for your honesty, I'm so not looking forward to it but I know it will be worth it...... Tough times ahead, less than 5 weeks now :)

I think I'd rather do it all in one go Honeybee. Yes, the pain will be difficult to deal with but I'd rather it all in one hit instead of going through two surgeries and two recovery periods. It's kind of like piercing your ears when you're younger. If they do one side first, you won't want the other side done.

The bloating is from the drugs Honeybee. So they tell me. I'm sure once I start moving again it will wear off. So you will have to be ok with it sticking around a bit longer as you'll be immobile for longer but it will be worth it.

Everything we're all feeling is very normal from what I've read and heard. Post anaesthetic Blues. Bit like baby blues.

My pain isn't too bad today. So far today I've not had any pain killers. My right side is way worse than left

Hubby has 2 weeks off work to help out with the kiddies ect but after that no idea how I'm going to go. I've been reading these threads and the best thing post op is ice, magnesium tabs? Arnica tabs or cream, is the cream rubbed on the whole area or just scar line? If it's the scar line I thought that had to stay dry with no creams? As an anxiety sufferer there's going to be a few ups and downs I think. Thank goodness for this forum as I've only told a couple of people and they'll have no idea what I'll be going through .... Thank you so much for your support. I promise on the other side I'll still bd here for the new ladies :)

I think I'd rather do it all in one go Honeybee. Yes, the pain will be difficult to deal with but I'd rather it all in one hit instead of going through two surgeries and two recovery periods. It's kind of like piercing your ears when you're younger. If they do one side first, you won't want the other side done.

Very true :)

A few years back I went for my first Brazilian wax, I only got one side done as I couldn't handle the pain so I came home 1/2 waxed lol . I've had 3 c-sections and they were a breeze compared to my 1st natural birth. I've had msny surgeries since, some really painful with long recovery periods. But I think this one is going to really test me. Painkillers! They'll be my friend even though i can't have Endone or Tramidol

I wish I'd read this a week ago when I felt like I couldn't breathe from anxiety!! While it's a crappy feeling to have I'm glad I'm not alone in feeling it. I also contribute a lot to the heavy painkillers leaving your system too, I was on Oxycodone and Valium which was amazing at the time, but very hard once stopped!