youngbub

Consultation fees?

Hi,

I'm looking at booking a consult with both Dr Harwood and Dr Richardson but I'm a bit disheartened paying $150 just to have a consult with Dr Richardson as I'm already stretching our budget just to pay for my BA. Does anyone know what Dr Richardson's fees are like for the actual BA and is it work paying the $150 consult fee?

I saw both surgeons and eventually I decided upon Dr. Harwood. But my BA was a simple procedure as in I didn't need a lift and Dr. Harwood doesn't do BL as he is a cosmetic surgeon. I do personally think it is worth paying the $150 fee. It is a major surgery you are looking at getting it done, and you want the right person to do it. Plus Dr. Richardson being a plastic surgeon may give you a different angle as to what you need. Just my opinion. :)

Why no rebate? If with a plastic surgeon a referral from GP comes with rebate (well last I knew)

Not sure - the receptionist had my referral in her hand when she charged me the full fee. She didn't say anything about being eligible for rebate?!

Hi, sorry if this is a silly question, but can someone explain referrals to me?  Do GPs provide referrals for a specific surgeon?  So, do I need separate referrals for each different surgeon I would like to consult with?

And just to confirm, is there a medical rebate for consultations for a straight BA?  I wasn't planning on getting referrals as I didn't think there was, but I have just requested a consultation with Hamish Farrow and was advised that I required a referral to see him, so I guess I might as well get one for other surgeons I'm thinking of consulting with too if there is a rebate.

I was under the assumption that if you were having a consult about a cosmetic procedure then you weren't entitled to a rebate. Hence why I didn't get a rebate for my BA consult fee. 

I was under the assumption that if you were having a consult about a cosmetic procedure then you weren't entitled to a rebate. Hence why I didn't get a rebate for my BA consult fee. 

Did you have a referral yehyeh?

I was sent a letter regarding my consultation appointment and it stated:

"You will require a referral for this visit and you will be able to claim part of the consultation fee on Medicare"

But there seems to be some confusion regarding the consult rebates for straight BAs, so I wanted to check.  Although, I take that I have to have a referral to be seen by Hamish Farrow anyway, so I guess I'll have to get one either way.

Do you need a referral to see Hamish Farrow? 

Well, just going off the letter they sent that said "You will require a referral for this visit", I guess I do... but I need to call tomorrow to confirm my appointment and will double check with them then.

Did you have a referral yehyeh?

I was sent a letter regarding my consultation appointment and it stated:

"You will require a referral for this visit and you will be able to claim part of the consultation fee on Medicare"

But there seems to be some confusion regarding the consult rebates for straight BAs, so I wanted to check.  Although, I take that I have to have a referral to be seen by Hamish Farrow anyway, so I guess I'll have to get one either way.

No I didn't bother getting a referral as I was told I wouldn't get a rebate anyway due to it being cosmetic.