Sign in to follow this  
youngbub

Surgeon Recommendations Brisbane? Also surgery date help?

So i've wanted to get my boobs done since hitting puberty, now 2 kids later i want them more than ever.

My issue is i'm getting married on March 12 2016 and was hoping to have them done before our wedding, but now I'm worried about the recovery, waiting for them to drop and fluff etc. Would you suggest having the surgery before or after the wedding? I also hope to lose between 5-7kg before my wedding and i'm wondering if i should lose the weight before my BA? 

I would also love some feedback on surgeons located in brisbane and gold coast? Feel free to send me message with any feedback if you don't feel comfortable posting here.

You should be at your goal weight when you get the surgery done. I have read that anything more than a 5kg weight loss can effect the look of your implants. Although this does not always happen. Also, the drop and fluff process can take up to 12 months. If you want them looking good before the wedding you should consider getting them done at least 6 months before your big day. There are a great number of good surgeons in Brisbane and GC. Depends on if you want a plastic or cosmetic surgeon :)

Hi youngbub,

I had a BA with Dr Richardson through the Breast Institute in Brisbane last Thursday (11/6/15) and so far things have gone really well and I can't complain about Dr Richardson at all. Just to give you background, I started as a barely there A cup and I got 390cc (left side) and 420cc (right side), under the muscle and I believe they are moderate profile (although I don't remember exactly). I have no idea what size they are yet but they're definitely a lot bigger! I am probably not a good example as there was literally less than four weeks between when I decided to book my first consult and when I actually had the surgery done but I just felt comfortable with the surgeon and the staff when I met with them and it was one of the cheaper places out there (cost me $7000 as it was a standard BA with no lift or anything) so it didn't take a lot of thought for me to decide to just go ahead with it, especially since I had read a lot of good feedback on Dr Richardson also.

With regards to weight loss, from reading a lot of posts I have noticed that I am a lot bigger than a lot of the girls on here (and hats off to all of you for being gorgeous little things) because I'm 164cm and weigh 85kg and I did raise the issue of weightloss with the surgeon and he told me that it wasn't an issue so I don't think that wanting to lose weight should delay your decision to go ahead at all.

One thing I will say in regards to recovery after having read a lot on these forums is that it really is an individual thing and it is really hard to predict how well or how long you will take to recover. Personally I have had no issues so far, I'm a little bit bruised and a lot of the time it feels like my new boobs are sitting in my throat they're so high on my chest at the moment but even in just the few days since I've had them done they've dropped quite a bit and as far as pain goes I stopped taking pain killers on Saturday as I really am not in any pain at all. In saying that though, I've read stories of other girls who can't move their arms for weeks afterwards so if you've been dreaming of this for a while and are worried about your wedding next year I would say get it done sooner rather than later and give yourself the maximum amount of time to recover.

I hope the above helps and look forward to hearing what you decide to do :)

Hi youngbub,

I had a BA with Dr Richardson through the Breast Institute in Brisbane last Thursday (11/6/15) and so far things have gone really well and I can't complain about Dr Richardson at all. Just to give you background, I started as a barely there A cup and I got 390cc (left side) and 420cc (right side), under the muscle and I believe they are moderate profile (although I don't remember exactly). I have no idea what size they are yet but they're definitely a lot bigger! I am probably not a good example as there was literally less than four weeks between when I decided to book my first consult and when I actually had the surgery done but I just felt comfortable with the surgeon and the staff when I met with them and it was one of the cheaper places out there (cost me $7000 as it was a standard BA with no lift or anything) so it didn't take a lot of thought for me to decide to just go ahead with it, especially since I had read a lot of good feedback on Dr Richardson also.

With regards to weight loss, from reading a lot of posts I have noticed that I am a lot bigger than a lot of the girls on here (and hats off to all of you for being gorgeous little things) because I'm 164cm and weigh 85kg and I did raise the issue of weightloss with the surgeon and he told me that it wasn't an issue so I don't think that wanting to lose weight should delay your decision to go ahead at all.

One thing I will say in regards to recovery after having read a lot on these forums is that it really is an individual thing and it is really hard to predict how well or how long you will take to recover. Personally I have had no issues so far, I'm a little bit bruised and a lot of the time it feels like my new boobs are sitting in my throat they're so high on my chest at the moment but even in just the few days since I've had them done they've dropped quite a bit and as far as pain goes I stopped taking pain killers on Saturday as I really am not in any pain at all. In saying that though, I've read stories of other girls who can't move their arms for weeks afterwards so if you've been dreaming of this for a while and are worried about your wedding next year I would say get it done sooner rather than later and give yourself the maximum amount of time to recover.

I hope the above helps and look forward to hearing what you decide to do :)

Did dr Richardson do your actual surgery or another surgeon