Curiousgeorge

Are implants for me?

I've recently stopped breast feeding my second child and all I have left now are two empty sacs. My breasts were never large before about an a/b but now they are virtually non existent. I didn't mind the size too much before but now there is no softness just saggy skin really. I've thought about padding my bra etc but that doesn't change how you look in the nude. I'm just not sure if surgery is right for me. I'd love to hear from people who have had the procedure done and their thoughts and also from people in a similar situation. Thanks.

Only you can decide if getting implants is right for you. I got my implants 6 years after breastfeeding my youngest child. I did lots of research and saw 2 plastic surgeons and 1 cosmetic surgeon for consults. I ended up going with Dr. Harwood (cosmetic surgeon).

Hi Curiousgeorge (love the name by the way),

I think it is a personal choice.  I would go and have a chat with a couple of surgeons and see what you think.  I have always felt self conscious about my breasts as I grew up in a house with big breasted women and I got nothing (and was the butt of jokes).  Then I put on a stack of weight after having my first child and finally had boobs.  Then I lost all the weight again, I had nothing so decided to do something to reward myself (boobs)!  I think it really is a personal choice.  Have a good read through the forums and research a couple of Doctors in your area.  Make some appointments and see what you think.

I never thought I'd be someone who would get implants. I had nice c cup boobies before I had my kids and then while I was breastfeeding I went up to a e cup and they were great. After I finished bf they were like empty socks stuck on my chest and then I lost some weight and they just got worse. I'm booked in for surgery 29th sept and I'm very nervous about it but I know I'll feel a lot better about myself.

I'm only getting them done so that I can feel good when I'm naked and not self conscious in the bedroom.

It's a personal choice and it's got to be right for you

Thank you all for your replies. I would love to hear how your op goes in September and how you feel after. For those if you who have had the procedure, do you have any regrets or do you just live your new boobs. Do you recommend any surgeons and what prices can I be expecting to pay. Thank you all again x