What's everyone's thoughts on this colour? My hair was dyed dark chocolate brown darker than my natural shade (no one listens "please don't dye it darker than my natural hair", it comes out WAY darker).

I'm having it done professionally and have my heart set on this copper red. It's being done by using something called Affinage Eraser which opens the cuticle and shrinks the hair dye molecules which isn't harsh like bleaching.

I have dark brown eyes. I would need to get a lighter eyebrow pencil (luckily my eyebrows aren't very dark).

Let me know what you think.

post-7064-0-43307700-1434360109_thumb.jp

Love it. I've been red for a while and contemplating going this shade. Just had copper highlights which I really like. Definitely going lighter red next time. I've got blue eyes and think red suits me the most. Good luck, let us all know if you decide to go ahead.

Thank you! I'm putting together a few photos of different shades in case one won't suit my colouring.

Here's another gorgeous photo making it even harder to decide exactly which shade to pick

This colour is identical to mine... I mix 3 colours together to get it, love being a red head  :)

I'm leaning towards the second photo but will show the hairdresser both pics.

I'm worried about the regrowth side of it, I used to be platinum blonde and regrowth had to be done every 5 weeks. Some days I couldn't stand it and would go in at 3 weeks to have it done.

I think I may need to have my eyebrows tinted lighter. I took off all my eyebrow pencil and they look dark to me too dark for the blonde eyebrow pencil.

I use a brunette pencil atm which is dark brown.

Redheads - do you tint your eyebrows and what shade do you go for?

When I had fire red hair I just used a medium redish brown pencil but I think it's personal preference really. I love having darker eyebrows even when I'm platinum blone.

I think I may need to have my eyebrows tinted lighter. I took off all my eyebrow pencil and they look dark to me too dark for the blonde eyebrow pencil.

I used to have virtually no eyebrows until I had them tattooed on lol... I always used a matt eyeshadow (sometimes 2 mixed together) and angled brow brush to get the colour I wanted., still do so I can get the perfect eyebrow. I'd recommend tinting your brows a very light brown/blonde, then get a matt eyeshadow (and brow brush) that will complement your hair colour... (don't go too red) a nice warm brown is what I use. Check around for brow compacts, lot's of cosmetic companies do them.

I've collected a heap of reference photos for my colourist and I've loving this deep burgundy colour although I still love the other 2 I posted. It's just a matter of having a professionals opinion on what will flatter me as well as work with my hair

Does anyone use a colour depositing shampoo or conditioner for red hair and does it work well as maintaining the colour in between salon appointments?

post-7064-0-93863800-1434445407_thumb.jp

I'm leaning towards the second photo but will show the hairdresser both pics.

I'm worried about the regrowth side of it, I used to be platinum blonde and regrowth had to be done every 5 weeks. Some days I couldn't stand it and would go in at 3 weeks to have it done.

My red is quite bright so I just use a light brown pencil for my eyebrows. Blends quite well.

that last picture you posted is the colour i have and i find it fades out a lot nicer in my hair as opposed to going a lighter red. As for eyebrows, i've just had mine tattooed and don't use anything on them anymore. They are the same depth of colour as my natural and dyed hair colour so they suit either way without having to worry.

I used a light metallic brown eyeliner as eyebrow pencil and then used a dark brown very gently over the top of that to make mine light brown.

After scrubbing off my eyebrow pencil I discovered the dark brown tint had worn off and my natural eyebrows aren't all that dark which is a bonus as hardly anyone will lighten eyebrows and there's a chance of them going orange

I hope the colour depositing shampoo and conditioner help with fading. I know red fades quickly but it can't be as bad as my platinum blonde hair - literally I had to tone it every time I washed it. My hair naturally throws off lots of gold tones.

If you're hair naturally throws a lot of gold I'd go with either the 1st or 2nd pick.

Thanks for the recommendation. I found a copper one similar to the first pic but a deeper copper - I'm in absolute love and have serious hair envy! 

image.jpg