Rustnut

Recovery stories

Just wondering how all the June girls are going in their recovery?

I am day 5 post op. Still quite immobile, swollen all over my body and all struggling with bouts of nerve pain that really bring me down.

Is anyone else having a sucky time, or breezing through the days??

Would love to hear either way :)

It is normal to get the '5 day blues' as everything begins to slowly settle down. It is kind of like the baby blues on the 3rd day after labour. It is not a nice feeling and everything makes you feel uncomfortable. But you won't feel like this forever, I promise. Your body is doing massive healing and so it is your job to rest and sleep. Keep up your fluids and just eat lightly so the body has more energy to heal. I am now nearly 9 months post op so I have been down this track too. Don't forget to vent on here any time you need to.

RH4K I am sorry to see you are having a rough trot. I wish I had gone smaller as I feel like my implants are on my sides! I just dont know how my body will ever adjust to this :(

Just wondering how all the June girls are going in their recovery?

I am day 5 post op. Still quite immobile, swollen all over my body and all struggling with bouts of nerve pain that really bring me down.

Is anyone else having a sucky time, or breezing through the days??

Would love to hear either way :)

Pop over to the June 2015 thread Rustnut - there is a bunch of us there discussing lots of stuff related ton recovery.

post-17021-0-68271300-1434420465_thumb.j

I'm a May patient, but I'm slowly but surely getting to the "other side". I had first surgery on May 20 and second on May 27 and felt awful for quite some time. Physically it was hard and mentally I was a mess. But now I'm pretty good, I can do most things and I'm feeling WAY better mentally, quite fine in fact.

I'm really sorry you are feeling terrible, but please know it will pass. I wish I'd known it wasn't a permanent feeling at the time!

RH4K I am sorry to see you are having a rough trot. I wish I had gone smaller as I feel like my implants are on my sides! I just dont know how my body will ever adjust to this :(

I felt like my implants were in my sides under my arms & way to wide for a few weeks, the feeling went away once the swelling subsided. Hope you feel better soon, it gets easier every day :)