Sign in to follow this  
Excitedforboobs

Desk job - is 1 week off work realistic

My first post - I'm booked in with dr Miroshnik for new boobs in 2 weeks. I'm travelling patient so final decisions regards sizing haven't been determined yet but looks like I will be getting mentor cpg anatomic with dual plane placement. I'm 62 kg and usually a size 10 - bra size is current 10b but I don't fill out b cup . I've only arranged to take one week off work. Is this realistic or am I kidding myself that I will be back at work in a week? I only work 5 hours a day. I would love to hear your advice??

The PS I saw today recommended at least a week off. I will be taking two then sticking to light duties. If your job is not physical and you only work 5 hours you might be ok. I'd ask your surgeon and also gauge how you are feeling after the op. Everyone is different :)

Hi, I went back to work on day 10 post op, it was actually perfect timing, I too have a desk job... Those extra 2 days were needed, I wasn't ready to go back after 7 days... You won't feel great, but 5 hours should be ok, I just had to pop a few panadol here and there. I have kids so I was doing less at work then at home! Take care and all the best.

My first post - I'm booked in with dr Miroshnik for new boobs in 2 weeks. I'm travelling patient so final decisions regards sizing haven't been determined yet but looks like I will be getting mentor cpg anatomic with dual plane placement. I'm 62 kg and usually a size 10 - bra size is current 10b but I don't fill out b cup . I've only arranged to take one week off work. Is this realistic or am I kidding myself that I will be back at work in a week? I only work 5 hours a day. I would love to hear your advice??

You can do it, but 2 weeks is more sensible. Please note you are not supposed to carry heavy things like laptops, books etc for 4 weeks- nothing 'heavier than a kettle' as my ps said. Sometimes BA's are made out to sound as simple as getting teeth bleached or buying a fancy new bag, but this is major surgery. Be kind to your body.

You will be fine dr m recoveries are fantastic

Drink lots of water before and after op

Get your office sorted pre think of things - like put the copy paper in easy reach heavy folders in better place

And don't push yourself - I had 10 days off but could of easily managed after 7 - 5 hrs should be fine -

Good luck he is awesome ! As is his team

And anthestic dr - I only needed Panadols

I took a week off. Had my first day back today, managed to work 14 hours (I'm a lawyer). It was harder than usual but doable. I think 10 days off would have been perfect but I didn't have enPugh leave for that...

I'm a pharmacist and work 12hr shifts on my feet. No lifting but lots of stretching/reaching. I had a week off work and was ok 1st day back. I was more tired than usual but more time off wasn't an option for me. I had a pharmacist colleague that had her op on Thursday and was back to work on Monday, she was amazing!

I'm three weeks post op now bad went back to work after 1 week and did desk work only. A little uncomfortable but manageable. It probably wasn't until day 10, that I felt a lot better. Good luck!! Xx

I'm three weeks post op now and went back to work after 1 week and did desk work only. A little uncomfortable but manageable. It probably wasn't until day 10, that I felt a lot better. Good luck! Xx

I went back on day 7 and struggled but made it through the day. I worked the next day as well but then the following 2 days I had nerve pain that was so extreme I called in sick and then it was the weekend. Honestly I wish I took the extra time off but in saying that if you are only working 5 hour days you should be fine because you can go home and rest afterwards.

Make sure you have someone at work to help you, one of my work friends did a lot for me, she lifted files, unlocked cabinets, picked folders up for me etc.