Sign in to follow this  
Subtle and discrete

3rd opinion?

Just looking for a little advice re PS consults.

I've seen one PS who i thought was nice - he didn't wow me though. I also didn't get the feeling that the aftercare would be great. Only appointments to 6 weeks are included and they don't seem to have a specific revision policy -  he decides if he charges or not (which is a bit scary) if revision is required. His staff have been a bit slack in email response (4-5 days) and rather than answering my questions (which I thought were straight forward) have defaulted to me coming in for another consult (not that easy with little ones at home). This dr has a great rep and I hear he is a perfectionist. He also has suggested that I would be ok to drive in three days, to pick my little one up (carefully) after 24 hours. He has painted a very rosy recovery which is very appealing.

I also saw another PS who I immediately liked. So warm and friendly and clearly an expert in what he does. He has said recovery will take a good two weeks. I'm planning to go with the second PS but am wondering if I should see someone for a third opinion? I think I will end up going with the second PS anyway so is there any point seeing another? 

I only saw two surgeons as I liked them both but preferred the first one and have definitely been happy with my choice. I think sometimes you can just get the right feeling, which seems like you have with the second one you saw. You could always see a third just to back up your judgement. Also never hurts to get another opinion on size, placement etc. I found the two I saw said the same size and placement so that definitely made me feel more confident.