Martina067

dr tony connell or michael miroshnik?

Hey everyone!!

Last week i had my first consult with dr tony connell in perth. after reading pages and pages of positive feedback about dr connell i feel like im in great hands with someone so experienced and good at his job. However, after looking at the 3D scan of what i will look like "after" the surgery, i dont think im too happy with how my boobs will look.

Im quite small, 165cm and 50kg, currently an A cup, Dr connell recommended either 255 or 295 (i chose 295) tear drop silicone implants under the muscle. The main thing im concerned about is that the 3d image looks like my boobs are really far apart, almost like theyre going off to the side. I live in Perth so obviously id rather have my surgery done here, and ive literally never read a single bad review of dr connell, but dr miroshnik has an unbelievable gallery, and he tends to focus on creating a good cleavage gap.
So now im completely stuck whether i should stay here and just trust that dr connell will make them look amazing, or travel all the way to sydney to see dr miroshnik.

Girls what experiences have you had with these doctors and what would you recommend????

Dr Miroshnik does phone consults for a fee for his interstate patients but I couldn't get a straight answer on if he does a capsulorrhaphy with permanent sutures and I'm not paying when he may not even do this. He has some gorgeous results. With the 3D scan don't worry about it too much as it's not really accurate. MrsB has pics of it and her before/afters in her gallery (you may need to FR for results). I had Dr Connell for my revision but I'm now shopping around as I want to go bigger and was only offered 420 - 480cc which I don't think will give me the look I want. I'm waiting to hear back from Dr Tavakoli and failing that looks like I very well may be off to Dr Revis in the US. I think with Dr Connell or Dr Miroshnik you would be in very good hands. Both have excellent results. Another popular and good ps in Perth is Dr Mark Lee if you wanted to stay local. 

Hi I was also flipping between Connell and Miroshnik as I am in Perth I have decided not to fly to Sydney instead I'm going with dr Connell. After my 1st visit with Tony I too was very concerned with the Vectra scan pics. They weren't any where near what I had in mind for me. So last week I had another appointment with Tony and he assured me that the vectra scan images are wrong and I won't look like them. He kept telling me not to look at the scan images for my end result. Tony showed me images of other patients that he had done and the results were amazing! Exactly what I'm wanting. So I'm booked in for surgery in 3 1/2 weeks. So excited to finally get TT BA BL done. You are in the best of hands with Tony. Friends in the medical field told me ive picked the best surgeon in Perth :)

I've heard that vectra imaging is not accurate and I'm sure you could understand why it will never be 100% accurate. Also, if you have a large gap between your natural breast tissue that will still be there, although improved. What you already have will effect your results. Lower profile implants may help lessen the gap. Did you express your concern with the surgeon?

I told a surgeon at a consult that I was worried about having a large gap. He said where they place the implant can also help, but if they place them too close it will make your nipples point outwards a little. 

Ok Vectra sux balls. Do not go by that lemon imaging scan. I took my vectra scan, crawled into my car and wept the entire ride home. I thought I was doomed to have fugly breasts regardless of how much work I got done to them. I know what you're describing: the grand canyon, sagging pasty boobs. It's all lies. The actual result doesn't look like that. Go with Tony. Yes there are other excellent surgeons in Perth- but he's not excellent, he's the best. Don't waste money on flights and accommodation and don't worry about the vectra scan. His work is beautiful. 

The main purpose of vectra is to simulate a likely outcome of the surgery. However, they rarely seem to resemble the patients actual results. I just have noticed a lot of women being put-off by the vectra image. So it seems pointless to me. 

I actually liked my vectra scan but my results are WAY better. I thought it was useful for showing the change in implant width/height to my breast shape and showing my PS what I did and didn't like. Definitely not great at showing exactly what your results will be though. 

You can have a look at my gallery for my vectra and results if you like. 

Edited by Vivian
Added gallery permission

Thank u so much girls, youve really put my mind at ease.

I have my second consult in about a month so ill discuss this a bit more with Tony, but im really glad to hear that the vectra isnt the end result :)

Ok Vectra sux balls. Do not go by that lemon imaging scan. I took my vectra scan, crawled into my car and wept the entire ride home. I thought I was doomed to have fugly breasts regardless of how much work I got done to them. I know what you're describing: the grand canyon, sagging pasty boobs. It's all lies. The actual result doesn't look like that. Go with Tony. Yes there are other excellent surgeons in Perth- but he's not excellent, he's the best. Don't waste money on flights and accommodation and don't worry about the vectra scan. His work is beautiful. 

Newster this is EXACTLY what i was concerned about!!! i left the consult thinking oh god.... they look like theyre trying to run away from eachother in the other direction. And i know how amazing Tony is so i really want to stick with him without having to go to sydney.

Thank u so much for your advice, i feel a lot better knowing the vectra isnt completely accurate, so i think I will stay with Tony :)

Thank u so much girls, youve really put my mind at ease.

I have my second consult in about a month so ill discuss this a bit more with Tony, but im really glad to hear that the vectra isnt the end result :)

Newster this is EXACTLY what i was concerned about!!! i left the consult thinking oh god.... they look like theyre trying to run away from eachother in the other direction. And i know how amazing Tony is so i really want to stick with him without having to go to sydney.

Thank u so much for your advice, i feel a lot better knowing the vectra isnt completely accurate, so i think I will stay with Tony :)

I've also been weighing up Dr Miroshnik vs Connell, but am yet to have my initial consultation with either of them. The results I've seen of Dr Connell look good and very natural, but I've only seen a couple... Whereas Dr Miroshnik has probably over 100 on his website & Facebook and they look fantastic, with a big selection of very natural results.

i am looking to downsize from 260cc round implants to maybe 220cc anatomicals...to get a much more natural result without the round upper poles... But I believe this will need a skilled surgeon to Do the required pocket work to prevent rotation of the smaller implants. Looking forward to my consult!!

Wantboobs you won't necessarily have to down size, anatomicals & rounds in same cc are shaped differently, width, height & projection. Dr Connell did mine & im super happy with them. I got a straightforward BA with anatomicals 295cc. Dr Connell has a perfect judgement in size based on your wishes & best suited for your measurement & body shape...your in great hands 😊

I actually liked my vectra scan but my results are WAY better. I thought it was useful for showing the change in implant width/height to my breast shape and showing my PS what I did and didn't like. Definitely not great at showing exactly what your results will be though. 

You can have a look at my gallery for my vectra and results if you like. 

hi Vivian, just wondering how I can view your wrote and afters? I have my consults in 2 weeks time:)

I'm in Perth as well - went to consults with Hanikeri, Connell, Lee, and van Beem. I was closest to booking with Lee, as I felt he was the one who listened to what I wanted, and was the most reassuring about that dreaded cleavage gap (I started with a chest structure that promotes a gap). I think I would have been happy with him or Connell - Hanikeri didn't have a "bedside manner" to my tastes, and van Beem didn't want me to go bigger than 250 no matter what (I went 330).

But...I had a phone consult with Miroshnik and was sold. I just had a gut feeling that he was the one for me - and I've been around long enough to know by now that if I were to ignore that in order to save $1000, I would have been furious with myself if my results were less than perfection.

Honestly, I feel like there are a couple of Perth surgeons who do great work. You'll probably be happy with them. I just know I couldn't ignore my gut, and I'm over the moon with my results. I hope no matter who you go with, it's someone you trust 100% and have an equally wonderful outcome.

I have had Hanikeri remove a couple of facial moles two years ago and he is actually a really funny guy. His bedside manner was great, he is very matter of fact and will tell things how they are but so bloody hilarious.. during surgery (was an awake procedure) he was telling how he was in charge of Xmas dinner so made a turducken (turkey, duck, chicken all stuffed inside each other), I then last year photographed one of the triage nurses babies who was the in the theatre that day - small world.. Maybe you just didn't click? which c'mon who clicks with everyone? If I hadn't been 100% on Tony Connell then I would have gone to either Lee or Hanikeri, I never even had any other consultations, only Tony - why go get a second opinion when you have found your boob master!! I also have a very wide and curved chest and my implants would much prefer to travel east/west though Tony has put a lot of lateral stitching to completely stop that - something he noticed when he put the implants in so right away did the extra support.

2 hours ago, 520rounds said:

I have had Hanikeri remove a couple of facial moles two years ago and he is actually a really funny guy. His bedside manner was great, he is very matter of fact and will tell things how they are but so bloody hilarious.. during surgery (was an awake procedure) he was telling how he was in charge of Xmas dinner so made a turducken (turkey, duck, chicken all stuffed inside each other), I then last year photographed one of the triage nurses babies who was the in the theatre that day - small world.. Maybe you just didn't click? which c'mon who clicks with everyone? If I hadn't been 100% on Tony Connell then I would have gone to either Lee or Hanikeri, I never even had any other consultations, only Tony - why go get a second opinion when you have found your boob master!! I also have a very wide and curved chest and my implants would much prefer to travel east/west though Tony has put a lot of lateral stitching to completely stop that - something he noticed when he put the implants in so right away did the extra support.

I don't think I spoke poorly of Hanikeri - I said his manner wasn't to my tastes. I felt as if he was rushed with me and glossed over a lot of answers (I work in health so had quite direct microbiology-related enquiries). I'm sure there are plenty of other people who have great experiences with him. Miroshnik was just the right guy for me. 😊