Dyzee

Training Mauy Thai After BA

Hello lovely people! 

So i have my surgery in 4 weeks, I train mauy Thai (Thai boxing) and I'm worried about resuming training afterwards. my surgeon Dr Dash from tci also trains Thai and reckons I should be ok, are there any other girls on here who possible train Thai or kickboxing?? Or as such?? Also I'm tossing up when to go back to work, I'm a ***** so I'm aware of light duties but it's standing on my feet for 13hrs a day I'm worried about!

I guess it would be the same as ladies who train regularly with weights/pole dancing etc (although I don't now much about mauy thai & impact on the chest area?). What did your PS say? I appears that 6 weeks is the usual recovery period before going back to normal gym type activities. But I know of girlfriends that have taken a full year to feel 'normal' during their training!

I can't see what you do for work (all I see is *****, lol), but I'm also on my feet all day for work & involves heavy lifting/high risk stuff. I'm taking 3.5 weeks off work on a dr certificate then an extra 2.5 weeks annual leave to take it to the 6 week mark. I can't imagine being sore and doing my job! I guess it depends on how you feel.

Impact isn't so bad as I don't fight, but it's more throwing punches and a lot of push-ups!!! Haha I'm a *****. And unfortunately not able to take more than two weeks off :( although my boss is pretty flexible and well aware of what I can and cannot do. thanks for the info!!!