MezMoz

What did you tell your daughters?

I'm scheduled for my BA on 29 July and will need to prepare my 4 year old daughter so that she understands why I'm hunched over and she's not allowed to jump on me.

I don't want her blabbing to everyone at daycare that I have new boobs (the staff know I'm having 'surgery' as I have put her in for extra days) and I also want her to have a positive body image. I don't want her to grow up hating her body like I did. She will eventually see me naked in the shower or getting dressed, so she is bound to notice at some stage.

So for those of you who have daughters of all ages, what did you tell them about your surgery and your new boobs?

i have 4 kids aged 8, 6, 5 & 3. one boy and 3 girls

i told them it was a little operation on the very top of my tummy to fix a sore in there. they have been so gentle and caring. ask all the time how my tummy is feeling and nothing at all said about boobies. i doubt the size of my boobs ever registered before or after for any of them.

as my tummy was really swollen for a week after, the story all tied together nicely :)

I have a son 11 and a daughter who is 8 ( 7 and 10 at time of surgery ) I told them I was having an operation on my tummy also and they were great giving me soft cuddles and being caring. My daughter saw me naked about 2 months later and I swear her eyes nearly fell out, so I explained to her that I was not happy with the way my boobies looked before and she was very understanding and told me how beautiful I looked. My son on the other hand is oblivious to the whole thing thank goodness

My daughter is 4 and I told her I had boobies before breastfeeding & I was seeing a special doctor that gives mummies their boobies back. that way it's not about body image and mummy being unhappy but rather mum getting her boobies again, she thinks its a mummy thing not something everyone gets. She was really excited for me & super helpful and caring. 

Interesting feedback ladies - thanks. At the moment I'm focusing on the good things that will come from the surgery, like she'll be going an extra day to kindy for a while and will see more of her besties (much more fun than hanging with mum apparently).