Cathy

Silimed Poyurethane Anatomical Implants

Hi,

I have recently had my old round implants replaced with Silimed teardrop polyurethane (rough textured) implants.  I am currently 3 weeks post op and the implants are sitting high with a very noticeable 'ledge' at the top.  I do not have much breast tissue. I have been told that the polyurethane implants do not tend to move or drop as much as the smooth implants, however I am desperately hoping they will drop and fluff and that this high sitting pronounced ledge that I have at the moment will disappear.

Has anyone had the same problem and did it right itself over time?

Also, at present my nipples are sitting quite low. I'm also hoping that if I do drop and fluff and the extra fullness moves down to the lower pole that  will lift my nipples slightly.

Can any other plastic surgeons give me some honest answers on this please?

Thank you so much.

Edited by Cathy

I have the same implants as you.

Had the procedure done 9 month ago. mine are still a little to high, have been advised to apply STRONG pressure to my boobs.

If .... that does not do the trick I will need revision surgery.

However..... I am still pleased with my new boobs as it is a GREAT improvement to what it was!

In the mean time, why not speak to your medico about your concern.

I had the same implants but rounds. 

Im 6 months post op they have fluffed alot but not dropped at all. Mine are not high though.

If ur worried contact your surgeon. I dont know about the tear drop ones but the rounds dont mive. They stay where they are put. Which i love coz when i go running even my 495cc dont bounce at all. 

Hope they settle for u. It is early days. 

Im 6 months post op they have fluffed alot but not dropped at all. Mine are not high though.

If ur worried contact your surgeon. I dont know about the tear drop ones but the rounds dont mive. They stay where they are put. Which i love coz when i go running even my 495cc dont bounce at all.

Thanks gracie.d, I really appreciate your comments.  You're right, it's still early days, :)

I have the same implants as you.

Had the procedure done 9 month ago. mine are still a little to high, have been advised to apply STRONG pressure to my boobs.

If .... that does not do the trick I will need revision surgery.

However..... I am still pleased with my new boobs as it is a GREAT improvement to what it was!

In the mean time, why not speak to your medico about your concern.

Hi vlinder, thanks for getting back to me.

Have you just been recently advised  at 9 months post op to apply the strong pressure?  Was it your PS who advised you to do that?  How long did your PS say to wait before deciding if you need revision surgery?

I have been advised to wear a compression band day and night for awhile.  It goes around the body and sits across the top of the implants to try and push them down. It's so uncomfortable but  I really hope it works!

I feel the same about my furries, I think they sit too high :-( I don't think they'll drop at all - hence the reason I'm seeking another revision...also I can go a little bigger too.....I just find furries never look 'natural' like good old smooth implants....they never 'drop' and take on that sexy natural look - I will never use furries again :-( they look too 'bolt-on' for my liking...

Hi vlinder, thanks for getting back to me.

Have you just been recently advised  at 9 months post op to apply the strong pressure?  Was it your PS who advised you to do that?  How long did your PS say to wait before deciding if you need revision surgery?

I have been advised to wear a compression band day and night for awhile.  It goes around the body and sits across the top of the implants to try and push them down. It's so uncomfortable but  I really hope it works!

Hi Cathy, He has advised me to apply pressure at about 3 month post op.However, I think I did not apply enough pressure.  I now apply a 'LOT' more but perhaps too late.               

And yes it was my PS. He wont consider doing a revision until one year postop.  I did suggest a 'strap' to his office but was told it is a method he does not use.

I do understand though, that this type of implant will 'adhere' very quick and solid, I don't have a problem with this type as it is very good in other areas i.e. cc, that is VERY important for me as I have had that for many years.

So all in all it really is not a problem for me.

Hope this helps Cathy!!

I am 3 weeks post op with silimed anatomicals and although they don't technically "drop" they will settle with gravity (weight of implant causes things to head south a little). My PS used this implant to avoid a lift in my situation and as you can see from my wk1 vs wk3 pics below, they certainly have "dropped" already as the nipples are moving upward as lower pole fills out more. I was advised to wear no wear (or a light crop) to help the settling. I'm hopefu they continue to settle/drop some more - once that happens I'll start wearing a supportive bra. 

image.jpg

Hi Cathy!

i am 2 weeks post op with teardrop 315cc anatomical polyurethane dual plane! I am too finding mine are sitting high with a 'bolge' at the top that I'm not liking!!! I was advised to have these so I didn't have to get a lift!!!

i have been told by my ps to be patient they will calm not drop, but soften.. But to me I wanted a natural fall and I'm not seeing this yet which is hard... So I guess time will tell 😁

All the best

Edited by Christal

Hi Vlinder, thanks for your comments.  I have been wearing a compression band as advised by my PS for the last week.  It's not very comfortable but I have to say I think it's  slowly helping to get rid of the bulge!  I know how you feel - the bulge is awful.  Good luck, I hope things settle down for you :)

Hi Cathy!

i am 2 weeks post op with teardrop 315cc anatomical polyurethane dual plane! I am too finding mine are sitting high with a 'bolge' at the top that I'm not liking!!! I was advised to have these so I didn't have to get a lift!!!

i have been told by my ps to be patient they will calm not drop, but soften.. But to me I wanted a natural fall and I'm not seeing this yet which is hard... So I guess time will tell 😁

All the best

Hi Christal,

You are in exactly the same position as me.  I hate that shelf at the top!!! I am 3 weeks post op now and my PS has had me wearing a compression band for the last week.   honestly do think it is slowly helping!  Good luck, I hope yours settle and get that gorgeous natural fall you're after.  :)

I am 3 weeks post op with silimed anatomicals and although they don't technically "drop" they will settle with gravity (weight of implant causes things to head south a little). My PS used this implant to avoid a lift in my situation and as you can see from my wk1 vs wk3 pics below, they certainly have "dropped" already as the nipples are moving upward as lower pole fills out more. I was advised to wear no wear (or a light crop) to help the settling. I'm hopefu they continue to settle/drop some more - once that happens I'll start wearing a supportive bra.

image.jpg

Hi Louboobs,

Thank you so much for including your 1 week and 3 week photos.  It's really encouraging for me to see how much yours have filled out the lower pole and therefore raised your nipples. This is exactly what I need to happen!!!

Yours have changed so much in 3 weeks!!  I'm also at 3 weeks right now and mine have hardly changed at all!  I know you're not wearing a bra or any support - do you just let them jiggle around as much as they want to?  Maybe that's the secret to letting them drop? 

The skin at the bottom of my breasts feels a little bit loose while on the top it is so tight. I'm hoping that the implants will settle lower and have the effect of lifting my nipples a bit too. 

I do not have the lovely smooth line on the upper pole that you have (lucky you!) I have quite a definite ledge / shelf there. My PS has now got me wearing a compression band which is supposed to encourage the implants to move down and fill out the lower pole more and at the same time lift the nipples. 

Thanks again for sharing - yours look awesome and it's so good you don't need a lift!  I hope they continue to drop and lift!  :):)

I am 11 months post op and at the begging felt they were too high but now they are totally soft and I love the position.. They do fluff and soften eventually!

Thanks for replying.  That's encouraging... I guess patience is the key!!  :)

Hi Louboobs,

Thank you so much for including your 1 week and 3 week photos.  It's really encouraging for me to see how much yours have filled out the lower pole and therefore raised your nipples. This is exactly what I need to happen!!!

Yours have changed so much in 3 weeks!!  I'm also at 3 weeks right now and mine have hardly changed at all!  I know you're not wearing a bra or any support - do you just let them jiggle around as much as they want to?  Maybe that's the secret to letting them drop? 

The skin at the bottom of my breasts feels a little bit loose while on the top it is so tight. I'm hoping that the implants will settle lower and have the effect of lifting my nipples a bit too. 

I do not have the lovely smooth line on the upper pole that you have (lucky you!) I have quite a definite ledge / shelf there. My PS has now got me wearing a compression band which is supposed to encourage the implants to move down and fill out the lower pole more and at the same time lift the nipples. 

Thanks again for sharing - yours look awesome and it's so good you don't need a lift!  I hope they continue to drop and lift!  :):)

You are welcome! 😊 I'll keep my fingers crossed for you! Remember that they take time to soften and settle so I'm sure you'll start to see change soon. 

I'm wearing a cheap Kmart Crop when out of the house and nothing when at home. The crop is so soft and feels amazing, and it's long so the bottom edge is sitting below the incision line, my post op bras sit right under and irritate - I just wear them Plus a crop when exercising. 

I know what you mean about skin at bottom feeling loose, or even spongy/soft. My PS said that was my natural breast tissue, hence feels different. I'm hopeful my continue to drop further and the upper pole settles somewhat. But considering I have zero upper pole pre-op, I'm kinda enjoying it!  

Edited by Louboobs

Wow Louboobs your progress photo is so helpful! I have heard good things about these implants and i t is nice to see progress as i have heard about them being to high in the beginning

You are welcome! 😊 I'll keep my fingers crossed for you! Remember that they take time to soften and settle so I'm sure you'll start to see change soon. 

I'm wearing a cheap Kmart Crop when out of the house and nothing when at home. The crop is so soft and feels amazing, and it's long so the bottom edge is sitting below the incision line, my post op bras sit right under and irritate - I just wear them Plus a crop when exercising.

I know what you mean about skin at bottom feeling loose, or even spongy/soft. My PS said that was my natural breast tissue, hence feels different. I'm hopeful my continue to drop further and the upper pole settles somewhat. But considering I have zero upper pole pre-op, I'm kinda enjoying it! 

Thanks Louboob, you have given me hope!!!  Honestly, yours look amazing, you should be so happy!  :)

Hi Christal,

You are in exactly the same position as me.  I hate that shelf at the top!!! I am 3 weeks post op now and my PS has had me wearing a compression band for the last week.   honestly do think it is slowly helping!  Good luck, I hope yours settle and get that gorgeous natural fall you're after.  :)

Please keep in touch Christal and let me know how yours are progressing as we are only a week apart. :)

I have recently had my old round implants replaced with Silimed teardrop polyurethane (rough textured) implants.  I am currently 3 weeks post op and the implants are sitting high with a very noticeable 'ledge' at the top.  I do not have much breast tissue. I have been told that the polyurethane implants do not tend to move or drop as much as the smooth implants, however I am desperately hoping they will drop and fluff and that this high sitting pronounced ledge that I have at the moment will disappear.

Has anyone had the same problem and did it right itself over time?

Also, at present my nipples are sitting quite low. I'm also hoping that if I do drop and fluff and the extra fullness moves down to the lower pole that  will lift my nipples slightly.

I'm currently 4 months post op, and I had all the same concerns as you. My breasts are changing though. They are much rounder, the nipple is moving into a better position, pointing forward not down anymore, and the fullness is shifting (slooowly). This makes the position seem not so high as well. I don't think they've "fluffed" though, the size is still the same and they are still pretty firm.

I'm still not completely happy with how they look, but considering they are changing, and my surgeon said changes can take up to a year and a half, I'm trying to stay positive. Though I do get very worried when I hear other girls say that they had no changes from 3 months on :/ 

I'm currently 4 months post op, and I had all the same concerns as you. My breasts are changing though. They are much rounder, the nipple is moving into a better position, pointing forward not down anymore, and the fullness is shifting (slooowly). This makes the position seem not so high as well. I don't think they've "fluffed" though, the size is still the same and they are still pretty firm.

I'm still not completely happy with how they look, but considering they are changing, and my surgeon said changes can take up to a year and a half, I'm trying to stay positive. Though I do get very worried when I hear other girls say that they had no changes from 3 months on :/ 

That's really reassuring, thanks for giving me some hope!  Do you have the same implants?  (Silimed polyurethane anatomical (teardrop)).  I've been told that these polyurethane ones don't drop as much, they kind of stick in place like Velcro. :)

Thanks Louboob, you have given me hope!!!  Honestly, yours look amazing, you should be so happy!  :)

Hi Louboobs, I'm wanting to buy some comfy crop tops. You said yours from KMart was super comfy and a bit longer at the bottom which is what I'm after.  Could you please let me know the brand of the crop top you got? 

Thanks!

Hi Louboobs, I'm wanting to buy some comfy crop tops. You said yours from KMart was super comfy and a bit longer at the bottom which is what I'm after.  Could you please let me know the brand of the crop top you got? 

Thanks!

I homestly think they were the Kmart brand - or a "no name" brand if that makes sense?

I homestly think they were the Kmart brand - or a "no name" brand if that makes sense?

wow! They look amazing :) If you don't mind me asking what cup size are you ? I'm having a BL BA TT next week and I'm worried I'll look too big. Surgeon said I'll be a D - DD. Getting 335cc tear drop implants 

That's really reassuring, thanks for giving me some hope!  Do you have the same implants?  (Silimed polyurethane anatomical (teardrop)).  I've been told that these polyurethane ones don't drop as much, they kind of stick in place like Velcro. :)

Yep, I have the same implants. 315cc hp silimed teardrops. My doc also said they won't drop. But the volume seems to shift gradually. It's a bit upsetting when other girls say "don't worry, they'll drop!" but they have smooths. They just don't get it :p

Edited by foxontherun

Please keep in touch Christal and let me know how yours are progressing as we are only a week apart. :)

hi Cathy, what am I now... 4 weeks tomorrow and to be honest I haven't  seen much change at all 😁😁 

i had my 3 week review last week and voiced my concerns about how 'hard' they are and how high they are sitting! I was reassured that they will soften heaps, but I am wondering having read reviews that they don't?? I have a buldge at the top that I don't like, but again was told the muscle will thin and it will look very natural!!

its so hard cause I just wanted perfect boobs right up, I don't wAnt to wait!!! 

How are yours coming along Cathy? 

Yes, that makes perfect sense.  Thanks, I'll go have a look in KMart.

Yep, I have the same implants. 315cc hp silimed teardrops. My doc also said they won't drop. But the volume seems to shift gradually. It's a bit upsetting when other girls say "don't worry, they'll drop!" but they have smooths. They just don't get it :p

Exactly!!!  Nearly everything I've read about dropping is from girls with smooths.  These implants are a completely different thing, and you're right, they don't get it! -_-  It's still really encouraging for me to know yours have changed a little bit over the 4 months and your nipple position has moved into a better place. :)