Comtom

Surgeon choice

Currently I am booked in for surgery with dr Duong for 1 months time but am having 2nd thoughts as I am needing a lift on the left side & TCI don't do this but are still happy to perform the surgery. 

I had a phone consult with

Dr ba rnouti 

- who said he can do the lift and implants for $9900 with a possible Medicare rebate. 

Dr Tavakoli - who can do the correction in September & would need tear drop implants - $12700 to avoid bubbling . 

Dr Zion Chan - awaiting call back 

or a newcastle surgeon - Dr Moncrief who can do surgery

has anyone had any experience with these surgeons, particularly negative experiences & think I should steer away from any of these surgeons ? 

Any my feedback would be appreciated.  

Thank you.  

Edited by Comtom

I would be worried about going with TCI if they said you need a lift and they aren't doing it?

Did Dr Tavakoli say you would need a lift?

dr Tavakoli said I need a lift on the left side. 

Dr ****** said I do too and said he can do the implants and lift for $9990 which seems to good to be true. 

I heard back from Dr chan who said I could do with a lift to even out size but said that with placement & some fancy technique he may be able to achieve symmetry without the lift but wouldn't be able to give me a definite until he actually see's me in person.   He happened to have an appointment this Tuesday so I'm going down to see what he says.  It will cost me 9k with him without the lift. 

Its ts so hard to make a decision though coz if I do it without the lift, I feel like I'll be bitter because I could have had the same done at TCI for 6k. But then you 2nd guess if you'd end up happy with the results or not. 

Hey comtom!   Have you heard of realself? Well its a plastic surgery forum (you create your own account for free)  where you can upload photos of yourself and pose a question and plastic surgeons around the world will answer your query. My self I am booked in with dr lee at tci in October. At first my pics where approved for surgery then I was told dr lee thought I appeared tuberous and borderline for reconstruction however they would be happy to continue as planned with surgery. Well I was like wat the heck and so I posted my q on realself... do my breasts appear tuberous? And would I be good candidate for ba alone etc... 10 doctors replied, 9 said no it did not appear I did and would be fine with ba, 1 said it looked like but very mild and a simple ba would be fine. Dr's where from all over America Melbourne perth and costa Rica lol. Replies where within a couple of days and really helped with my decision. I am going ahead with tci. I feel if they are confident to continue with surgery I trust them as they are not going to put their rep on the line if they do not think they are competent. . Good luck let us know what you decide 😊

Hey comtom!   Have you heard of realself? Well its a plastic surgery forum (you create your own account for free)  where you can upload photos of yourself and pose a question and plastic surgeons around the world will answer your query. My self I am booked in with dr lee at tci in October. At first my pics where approved for surgery then I was told dr lee thought I appeared tuberous and borderline for reconstruction however they would be happy to continue as planned with surgery. Well I was like wat the heck and so I posted my q on realself... do my breasts appear tuberous? And would I be good candidate for ba alone etc... 10 doctors replied, 9 said no it did not appear I did and would be fine with ba, 1 said it looked like but very mild and a simple ba would be fine. Dr's where from all over America Melbourne perth and costa Rica lol. Replies where within a couple of days and really helped with my decision. I am going ahead with tci. I feel if they are confident to continue with surgery I trust them as they are not going to put their rep on the line if they do not think they are competent. . Good luck let us know what you decide 😊

thanks for the info.  I will definitely check out realself and see what they say.  

You must know exactly how torn I'm feeling right now if you've had to make a similar decision recently. 

I know it's not a decision to be rushed but I'm kind of cut for time as I had my heart set on getting my boobs at the end of July and I had already taken time off work & made arrangements for my kids which was not easy.     

I just want my friggen boobs already and I don't want to pay thousands of dollars more somewhere else if I can get similar at TCI. 

Ittybitty- have you had a face to face consult or only online ?   

Yes it is a disheartening decision to make especially seeing as you've finally made your mind up booked and organised work/family life and they throw that curve ball. I was very unsure until I did the real self question. I have scheduled a consult with a surgeon here in perth, not because I want to switch but I'd like his opinion and really just to see if I have any size limitations. Which is my biggest fear I've always wanted big boobs and now I'm excited about getting them I don't want to walk into my consult the day before surgery and be told you can only have xx amount. At least this way I'll have a couple of months to come around to the idea. He is expensive tho so I've no doubt that he will suggest all sorts of extra treatments besides a ba but I'm confident I will be just fine with straight forward ba. I have only had dr Nguyen and dr lee assess my images and the ten doctors on real self.  Do you personally feel you need a lift aswell?  What does your gut tell you? Amen to tht give me my boobs already!!!!! Yes I'm excited to have them by christmas and summer! I guess it's a risk but isn't it always no matter where you go. I suppose it varies to what extent tho. Where are you located it might help you to have a consult with another surgeon just to see, mines $150 same as tci. Def do the real self it has put my mind at ease. Have you had your consult with dr duong already? Sorry epic msg lol 😊

So worth paying the extra money, you get what you pay for! 

One of the girls on here just had her tuberous breasts corrected by Dr t and they look AMAMZING already and it's only around 2 weeks P.O! 

Yes it is a disheartening decision to make especially seeing as you've finally made your mind up booked and organised work/family life and they throw that curve ball. I was very unsure until I did the real self question. I have scheduled a consult with a surgeon here in perth, not because I want to switch but I'd like his opinion and really just to see if I have any size limitations. Which is my biggest fear I've always wanted big boobs and now I'm excited about getting them I don't want to walk into my consult the day before surgery and be told you can only have xx amount. At least this way I'll have a couple of months to come around to the idea. He is expensive tho so I've no doubt that he will suggest all sorts of extra treatments besides a ba but I'm confident I will be just fine with straight forward ba. I have only had dr Nguyen and dr lee assess my images and the ten doctors on real self.  Do you personally feel you need a lift aswell?  What does your gut tell you? Amen to tht give me my boobs already!!!!! Yes I'm excited to have them by christmas and summer! I guess it's a risk but isn't it always no matter where you go. I suppose it varies to what extent tho. Where are you located it might help you to have a consult with another surgeon just to see, mines $150 same as tci. Def do the real self it has put my mind at ease. Have you had your consult with dr duong already? Sorry epic msg lol 😊

just thought I'd give you an update. 

i had quiet a few consults with different surgeons. I cancelled on Dr Duong and am now having surgery in Newcastle in about 2 1/2 weeks.    The surgeon I saw was fantastic and was confident he could achieve really good results without the lift so that's what I'm doing. 😃