Anna

insurance

Those that have health cover that takes some of the BA costs off or cover so much % if something goes wrong along with medicare.What is it?is it hospital cover or extras?Just rung up and was shut down saying noone covers any cosmetic.What should i be asking.Who do you recommend please.

Not sure about private health care but I think you would need to be assessed by your/a gp and have them write you up a referral for a plastic surgeon to determine that your procedure/s are on medical grounds not just cosmetic purposes. Then they can't shut you down but I'm pretty sure no health cover does cosmetic. Not sure on the rest of ur q sorry 

Hi, yes, you won't get any help from PH insurance if the procedure is purely for cosmetic reasons. Only if you have an existing medical problem such as asymmetry. I guess their reason is they're there to help with real medical problems- not people wanting to improve healthy bodies for aesthetic reasons. 

Ok.iv just seen alot of ladies on here saying they had health cover or were getting it incase something happened .Seen 3 or 4 posts .One asking should she and others said yes pretty sure one didn't have any issues.

i have a r

Ok.iv just seen alot of ladies on here saying they had health cover or were getting it incase something happened .Seen 3 or 4 posts .One asking should she and others said yes pretty sure one didn't have any issues.

I have a ruptured Implant and my ps said I need to get basic hospital cover to get them fixed for free, at most $2000 out of pocket, anythink with a number is basically covered so im told my rupture implant itam number is 45552 I just need to get insurance now and wait the year before they will cover it. I think I will be using bupa

No one covers cosmetic surgery even if performed by a plastic surgeon. If you get a rupture, CC, or some other complication you MAY be able to get a medicare item number. If you get an item number you may be entitled to a rebate or some of the costs covered. The revision MUST be performe by a plastic surgeon to be covered. Also, some lower levels of cover won't cover any type of reconstructive surgery, some covers pretty much only cover accidents or appendicitis etc. So there are many things to consider.

To be covered by insurance before a BA you have to have something wrong such as asymmetry or really bad sagging. To be covered for revision you have to have some bad complication. You can't just get insurance after something goes wrong and expect them to cover you. I think in some cases you have to prove that you didn't have the problem before you got insurance. Otherwise some places have a 12 month wait before you can claim. If it were simple there would be lots of people on here getting free or cheap revisions.