Cathy

Compression Band for High Implants

Hi, has anyone had success with using a compression band to push down implants that have a pronounced shelf at the top?

I am 3 weeks post op, silimed polyurethane anatomicals under muscle and have now been advised to wear a compression band night and day to try and push implants down and hopefully reduce the ledge on the top of my breasts.

I would really appreciate any feedback / responses from anyone who has successfully (or otherwise) used a compression band for this reason, or any plastic surgeons who use them.

Thank you!  :)

Hello Cathy I meant to reply to this earlier but I lost your post.  Any who I haven't had surgery yet but I reckon I will end up using strap as I have little to no pole at the bottom and so I'll need it to push the implants down. While I was researching I came across a post a really long one on realself and in it she explained her success with the compression band with many many pics and over quite a few months it was very in depth. So first off I'd say yes it works and second have a look on realself if you haven't already. Good look all the best 😊 sorry I cnt remember the title 

Hey Cathy, I'm 9 days post op... 475cc anatomicals to correct droop and tuberous breasts. I had lowered creases and have been told to wear the strap as much as possible to push the implants into the new creases and to create the lower pole projection. The strap isn't wonderful but if it helps then do it lol xxoo

Hello Cathy I meant to reply to this earlier but I lost your post.  Any who I haven't had surgery yet but I reckon I will end up using strap as I have little to no pole at the bottom and so I'll need it to push the implants down. While I was researching I came across a post a really long one on realself and in it she explained her success with the compression band with many many pics and over quite a few months it was very in depth. So first off I'd say yes it works and second have a look on realself if you haven't already. Good look all the best 😊 sorry I cnt remember the title

Hi ittybittytittys (love the name!!)  thanks so much for your reply.  I have searched realself but unfortunately I can't find the post you're talking about.  Damn, it sounds really interesting!!! Do you have any idea how long ago it was??? I know it's hard to remember....

The compression band isn't the most comfortable thing to wear and not that easy to hide under clothes but if it is successful in achieving a good result then I'll do what it takes! 

Good luck with your surgery, you have obviously done a lot of research and are really informed.   :):)

Hey Cathy, I'm 9 days post op... 475cc anatomicals to correct droop and tuberous breasts. I had lowered creases and have been told to wear the strap as much as possible to push the implants into the new creases and to create the lower pole projection. The strap isn't wonderful but if it helps then do it lol xxoo

Hi MrsK1312,  thanks so much for your reply. I know what you mean about the strap not being wonderful!!  But if it's going to get the end result then I'm happy to put up with the discomfort and the inconvenience of trying to hide it under clothes!  My PS has advised to position the strap so that it pushes down on the top part of the breast, but at the same time sort of lift the breast up inside the strap so that the lower pole is tight and the nipples raised.  The idea is to stretch the lower pole so that implant drops more down into that area,  Good luck!!  :):)

Lol thanks it is the case over here very itty bitty hahaha. Ahhh I am a little obsessed surgery is in October and I'm just trying to soak up as much info as possible. I'll scour realself and see if I can find it for you good luck :)

Oh that's so nice of you, thank you so much!!! :) I've just tried to find the post  again coz it sounds exactly what I need to read/see but I'm not having much luck.  It would be awesome if you could find it!   I know what you mean about being obsessed and trying to soak up as much info as possible, there are so many different views and opinions - even between plastic surgeons. It's such a big decision and you need to be as informed as possible. I'll look forward to hearing from you. Thanks again ittybitty!  :D

I asked my PS about the strap and was advised he does not believe in it.

So likely I need some revision in a few month, at present I need to apply very firm pressure on boobs as often as possible.

Have also read that strap in not always effective.

good luck.