Sign in to follow this  
ab1990

Antibiotics when having Dental Work

I know this has been asked before but I can't find the previous thread using the search bar.

I need a filling at the dentist and I know my pre op paperwork said to take anti biotics before dental work but wondering is it just the normal course of anti biotics before and after or is it a high dosage before having the surgery? I'm a bit confused and would like to know what other ladies have done? Also what type of anti biotics did you take? Just amoxicillin?

Is it easy enough to get a script from my GP or dentist? I think I will feel awkward asking for one :unsure: I'm planning on getting a full check up and clean a few weeks before my surgery so I don't have to worry about it for a while. 

The choice is really not up to you as you need a script for antb. that can be written by your gp or dentist.

Usually it is a HIGH dosage that is required, btw do you have a incomp. mitral valve ?

not sure what this valve is?? I don't mind asking my doctor or dentist for this script but just not sure about it.

I tried to message Donatella to ask her but this forum is so confusing now it would to work.

not sure what this valve is?? I don't mind asking my doctor or dentist for this script but just not sure about it.

I tried to message Donatella to ask her but this forum is so confusing now it would to work.

A mitral valve is part of your heart and as that is incompetent, I ALWAYS need antibiotic cover, even for having my teeth cleaned by a dental tech. 

hope that helped. ;-)

A mitral valve is part of your heart and as that is incompetent, I ALWAYS need antibiotic cover, even for having my teeth cleaned by a dental tech. 

hope that helped. ;-)

Thanks, I don't have that. Just my breast implants! What type of antibiotics do you have to have and what dosage do you take for your heart with dental work?