Sexy_rexy

Unhappy consult

Hi all, 

Just had my consult with A Gold Coast surgery company and the senior surgeon started the consult by saying "your lucky aren't, you" then went on to explain that I was lucky because he was doing my consult and not one of the junior surgeons. Which I mean I am lucky but to start the meeting like that is not in my opinion super professional. Then he proceeded to just start measuring me and talk his medical terms and cut me off a lot before I was finished speaking. 

Not once did he ask me what It was that I was after, no pictures no nothing. He showed me what size he suggested because, according to him he can measure up what everyone wants within 10 seconds of meeting them and when I asked if I could see the size smaller it seemed like it was a major eye roll moment because I wasn't believing what he was saying. 

Im already nervous about this because my surgery is two days away and I am not sure I am confident in the size I picked and I don't feel like I had a good consult. I am thankful though he is not the one doing my surgery, but I am wondering if anyone can tell me about their sizes and stats to see if I can get more of an idea. 

Im 12.5 BW

168cm

57kgs

currently 10A 

recommeded 385 dual plane round 

I want something not super obvious. 

Any help would be good. Thanks. 

I would not be going ahead with that surgeon for a number of reasons. You haven't been able to communicate your wishes properly in order to make a fully informed choice! A number of surgeons don't keep a full range of sizes and types of implant so the choice ends up being a little less customised and I suspect this may be the case here. He sounds completely disinterested in meeting your needs as a patient. Is there a reason why you booked the surgery before having the consult done? 

It's through a company where you send through images and details prior to your surgery and have the consult just before surgery as I live 2000kms away from my surgery. It's not that surgeon doing it. He was just the senior there because my surgeon was late. 

Do you think if I call tomorrow and ask to have another chat with my actual surgeon on my surgery day they would allow it? I'm just a little put off. 

I would definitely expect to have a consult with the actual surgeon doing my surgery! I don't see any point having one with someone else! How is your surgeon suppose to know what you want?

I would most definitely be asking!!!

If it was me, I'd make a bit of a fuss about it so that I got a refund and then take the time and spend a bit extra to get a couple more opinions from surgeons who you can trust.. better safe than sorry, and you do get what you pay for x

Call & tell them you need another consult & you do not feel comfortable going ahead with surgery until you've spoken to another surgeon. Tell them you do not feel as though you have been fully informed regarding your surgery. I'm sure that they will allow that & if they don't RUN!!!!!

(As far as the 385's go I don't believe that they will be super obvious I think they will be a great size imo!!)

Hope it goes well let us know what they say X

I'm concerned this surgeon has no interest in what you actual want out of your ba, he's just doing what he thinks is a good 'fit'. My stats are same as yours and I got 390cc high profile and went from an A to D. They're not obvious at all so I think the size he's chosen is a good fit but that's irrelevant if it's not the look YOU want. You need a surgeon that actually listens to your wishes. I'd be worried that if you needed to approach him for whatever reason after your surgery he would be just as dismissive 

I am in complete agreement with all the other girls... it is sooooo important for you to feel well informed, reassured and on the same page with the surgeon after your consult. Definitely call the surgery tomorrow and ask for a consult with the surgeon you are booked in with; if distance is an issue ask if Skype is an option... good luck!

Hi all. Just an update. 

I called the surgery the day after my consult with was also the day before surgery and voiced my concerns. There were no surgeons to talk with so the nurse there tried to contact them. By 5pm one surgeon gave his opinion (without talking with me about my wants)  had replied and she just gave me her opinion and stated that I needed to pick one. I decided on one and went with that but all last night I looked around at pids of people with my stats and they still seemed too big. I called first thing this morNing and before surgery my surgeon came down and spoke to me. Omg. He was fantastic. Listened to me, took the time to re measure me and point out where the implants I was going to get would sit and compared them to a size I would have been comfortable with. Massive difference. I have booked a consult in to get re sized next week. Just to make sure. This surgeon was so fantastic about the whole thing. I really felt awful and kept apologising but something in my gut was telling me it wasn't right. 

In the end my surgeon mentioned that the size I had would have had to result in moving my lower line 5 cms down my chest and the breasts would have consumed half of my torso. I'm so glad I had help from everyone on here to give me the guts to keep pushing till I was heard. 

Thaks is so much.