Sjay

Do I have to stay overnight in hosp?

Hi ladies, just got my quote from dr Connell through the post- eek!! It's even more expensive than I thought! When I spoke to the lady on the phone  to area he my consult which is not until September, she said it's an overnight stay at the hospital! Obviously this is going to bump the cost up a lot and it's very pricey on the quote. Just wondered whether it's compulsory to stay overnight- has anyone not Stayed or do they not allow it? 

Edited by Sjay

Hi, l don't know about this surgeon but some insist on an overnight stay, whatever the surgeon says usually goes. If you have a warranty or guarantee it may be void if you refuse to stay overnight. They would probably call it discharging against medical advice. I would speak to his nurse or receptionist and check. Good luck.

It all depends on your surgeon.

IF you wish to leave earlier then recommended, you discharge yourself with ALL the risks attached to that. You will have no 'comeback'.   Think, is that to risky??

My ps only required a day procedure!

Perhaps have a 2nd. opinion elsewhere?

I'm so glad I stayed overnight in hospital. Unless you have someone who is akin to having a personal nurse at home and will do a wonderful job helping you with medicine and all your needs, I would definitely stay overnight.