button

Revision tummy tuck [and brachioplasties]

I had my tummy tuck and arms done 6 months ago, but when the surgeon started operating he realised my skin was not as thick as it looked.  So he did the procedures, but did not pull the skin very tightly as he was worried it may come apart at the suture line, and I could then get an infection.  This would be a disaster for me, as I have lupus fairly advanced, so my body has no natural defences against infections.  At the time, I was very disappointed.  He said he would re-do it in six months, which seemed ages away back then in January, but the six months is up already!  I go into hospital on the 15.7.15 to have it finished, and really hope it will go well.  He told me it would not be as sore this time, as there is no muscle repair needed to be done like last time.  I am hoping to only stay one night if I can - less chance of picking up any bugs, and would rather recover at home.  My husband is retired and will look after me. Any one else out there had their surgery in two goes?  Love to hear about it if you have.

Hi button! So good to hear from you... And to hear that some of the girls from the Nov/Dec 2013 thread are back going for their revisions!  I too am going in for a revision on 28 July.

I have a bulge in my upper abdomen so am having a revision to remove the excess fat further with lipo.  My PS took as much as he safely could without compromising blood supply at the time but it wasn't enough to give me a smooth flat look.  Hopefully the lipo will be enough to correct that as my skin was pulled quite tight.  I have everything crossed (and heaps of faith and trust) that it won't make my skin go all saggy again... Gah!

I'm also having a back lift at the same time to smooth out my back and remove my love handles.  Unfortunately getting my tummy tuck exacerbated some love handle issues and made my body a funny shape.  Hopefully this will give me the smooth blended look.

Hi button! So good to hear from you... And to hear that some of the girls from the Nov/Dec 2013 thread are back going for their revisions!  I too am going in for a revision on 28 July.

I have a bulge in my upper abdomen so am having a revision to remove the excess fat further with lipo.  My PS took as much as he safely could without compromising blood supply at the time but it wasn't enough to give me a smooth flat look.  Hopefully the lipo will be enough to correct that as my skin was pulled quite tight.  I have everything crossed (and heaps of faith and trust) that it won't make my skin go all saggy again... Gah!

I'm also having a back lift at the same time to smooth out my back and remove my love handles.  Unfortunately getting my tummy tuck exacerbated some love handle issues and made my body a funny shape.  Hopefully this will give me the smooth blended look.

Good luck lovely, please keep us updated on how you go