Thai coconuts

PIAC vs BANGKOK HOSPITAL PHUKET

Hey There :)! 

Whilst on holidays in Thailand recently, I actually went to PIAC at the Phuket International Hospital for a consult with Dr Narupon (and to to have a look at the facilities). I have had friends go there and they have had amazing BA's done, so i was keen to check it out!  

(Prior to going in to the hospital i'd registered online and had sent through photos for the Surgeons to review).

On arrival the hospital doesn't really look all that great or clean which is a little disheartening from the start. Once registering down starts you're given directions to the PIAC suite on the upper level. The PIAC consulting suites are fine, and all of the nurses and reception staff are very friendly and speak good english. You have your blood pressure, height and weight details taken with the nurse prior to heading in for your consult. 

I was eventually guided in to Dr. Narupon's consulting room, he was very vague, didn't ask any questions as to what type of results i was after, what type of implants i preferred, of what placement i had in mind. He did ask a little about my medical history and then proceeded to show me into another consulting room where the sample size implants were. 

I asked about the implants available, and he only provided the smooth round option. Dr. Narupon did some rough measurements (i ended up feeling like a bit of a white board once he was finished with me). I tried a few different CC sizers on to get a better idea of what things would look like, after all i hadn't come all this way for nothing. didn't feel at ease with the whole process and there was certainly a lack of forthcoming information on their behalf. 

Personally, based on the experience i had with PIAC, i have chosen not to have my surgery there. In saying that, there was another young lady in there who had already been there for a BA once before, this time she was just going bigger and said she'd had no problems at all. 

I am still looking for the 'right' PS for me. Looking forward to my upcoming consults :)!

Hi AllyH

Thanks so much for your feedback! I read through that so fast in hope you wouldn't go there because it sounds to me that they were quite unprofessional. I have only heard great things about Bangkok Hospital Phuket so fingers crossed I'll have the same experience :) 

i hope you can find someone suitable for you soon :) xx

Hey There :)! 

Whilst on holidays in Thailand recently, I actually went to PIAC at the Phuket International Hospital for a consult with Dr Narupon (and to to have a look at the facilities). I have had friends go there and they have had amazing BA's done, so i was keen to check it out!  

(Prior to going in to the hospital i'd registered online and had sent through photos for the Surgeons to review).

On arrival the hospital doesn't really look all that great or clean which is a little disheartening from the start. Once registering down starts you're given directions to the PIAC suite on the upper level. The PIAC consulting suites are fine, and all of the nurses and reception staff are very friendly and speak good english. You have your blood pressure, height and weight details taken with the nurse prior to heading in for your consult. 

I was eventually guided in to Dr. Narupon's consulting room, he was very vague, didn't ask any questions as to what type of results i was after, what type of implants i preferred, of what placement i had in mind. He did ask a little about my medical history and then proceeded to show me into another consulting room where the sample size implants were. 

I asked about the implants available, and he only provided the smooth round option. Dr. Narupon did some rough measurements (i ended up feeling like a bit of a white board once he was finished with me). I tried a few different CC sizers on to get a better idea of what things would look like, after all i hadn't come all this way for nothing. didn't feel at ease with the whole process and there was certainly a lack of forthcoming information on their behalf. 

Personally, based on the experience i had with PIAC, i have chosen not to have my surgery there. In saying that, there was another young lady in there who had already been there for a BA once before, this time she was just going bigger and said she'd had no problems at all. 

I am still looking for the 'right' PS for me. Looking forward to my upcoming consults :)!

I'm surprised that you thought that Phuket international is 'not that great or clean' I think the place sparkled, it's a hell of alot better then most of our hospitals! I have a great experience there and although l never actually visited Bangkok Phuket hospital l had a consult online with one of their surgeons and decided to go with PIAC because it felt right.

Thai coconuts- Good luck with whichever hospital you decide to go with and remember to do your research on not just the hospital but the surgeons. All the best.

Hi Thai Coconuts... I completely agree with Gabby. I had surgery at the PIAC toward the end of January and was amazed at how clean and organised everything was, it ran like clock work, no waiting around for hours between appointments like you can in Australia! At my consult with Dr Boonchai everything was explained in detail, I took along photos of what I wanted and Dr B explained the placement and size that would give me the best result... just go in there armed with all the questions you have, the consult has be a 2 way conversation to get all the information you need to make an informed decision. It all comes down to how experienced the surgeon is in the procedure you want done and how comfortable you feel with him/her to get you the result you want.

Good luck in your search :)

Im a PIAC patient as well and I love the place and Dr Boonchai my fav, i was there for a BA in Nov 2012 and im heading back in Nov this year for more surgery cant fault the place, i had my consult I showed Dr Boonchai what I was after, I made my decision but while I was on the op table ready to go under Dr Boonchai came in and said i have presents for you and showed me the boxes with the implants in them but also said I have been thinking about what profile you chose I think this would be better for what you are wanting to achieve without a lift I had decided on mod profile but he reco high profile so thats what I went with .... But like the other girls have said very professional , clean and great staff ...for sure research your surgeon thats the key ..

mumO5

Hey Ladies :)! 

Sorry - I haven't been on here in a while! 

I appreciate your feed back as well! Seems Dr. Boonchai is where it's at! I'm super glad to hear that those of you that did go to PIAC had a positive experience. After having a few friends go over there to have their BA's done (a couple of years ago now) I was really looking forward to planning a tropical trip with a BA :D win-win, right?!! At the end of the day, I think choose what you feel most comfortable with! 

Bring on the boobies!! xx

Hi Mum05,

You know of any forumers here who has done TT with Dr Boonchai? I'm doing my research for TT in Thailand & Hope to shortlist some. 

Hi yoromi... I had a TT (as well as a BL & BA) with Dr B in late January. I'll try and attach a before and after photo for you, the after pic is at 3 months post op.

55a4a8724a795_Before__After.thumb.jpeg.4

Hi yoromi... I had a TT (as well as a BL & BA) with Dr B in late January. I'll try and attach a before and after photo for you, the after pic is at 3 months post op.

55a4a8724a795_Before__After.thumb.jpeg.4

Wow Minx!! You really are a Minx!! x Fricking amazing results!!