Nerve pain

jemma090

i had my surgery 9 days ago and have had a great recovery considering. At about the 5 day mark I started getting shooting nerve pain in my left breast around my nipple. It was short and sharp but bearable. Today however I have suffered with it for most of the day. It is excruciating! I mentioned to the nurse at my 6 day op and she said it was a good sign that I would regain feeling. Today has just taken it out of me. I thought I had gone through the worst of it. I got some pare ethanol with codeine today but not getting much relief. 

Please anyone have any home remedies or advice to get through this. Hoping tomorrow is better ?

I suffered the same none stop pain around day 9,10 and easing on day 11. I couldn't move without feeling like I was being stabbed, it was awful. I used a heat pack and rested on the lounge. I didn't bother with pain killers as nothing was helping. 

Edited by ab1990
Spelling mistake

Ab1990 did the pain just go by itself. I am on day with it and it is effecting everything. I feel like I would be close to normal if it wasn't for this. Am thinking I will call the dr tomorrow. 

Have been run boning in the shower with soap but not doing much. 

By the way my first post meant to say panadol not ethanol lol

Ab1990 did the pain just go by itself. I am on day with it and it is effecting everything. I feel like I would be close to normal if it wasn't for this. Am thinking I will call the dr tomorrow. 

Have been run boning in the shower with soap but not doing much. 

By the way my first post meant to say panadol not ethanol lol

Yes mine went away by itself. Day 9 & 10 post op were bad then day 11 post op it died down and I was normal when I woke up the next day. My surgeon told me it could take a few days for it to go away. It it doesn't make sure you call your surgeon or see your gp!!! Goodluck.

It sure is mum2three and not something I was expecting or mentally prepared for. 

I spoke to the nurse today as my dr is on holidays. She referred me to my anesthetist who turns out to be on holidays to lol. So she will get back to me by Thursday at the latest. She mentioned going on lyrics. RH4K did you have any side effects from it. It is getting better I think as the afternoons come on but I am so over it.