ifuseekamy

Anyone had neck liposuction in Sydney?

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone could share their experience with getting neck lipo in Sydney? I'd prefer to go to a plastic surgeon who specializes in faces, but can only find rhinoplasty reviews for these surgeons, none mentioning neck lipo.

Hi, I'm guessing you mean submental ( under chin lipo)? If so yes cost $1500, I was given 10mg Valium 1/2 hour before procedure and waited in the waiting area I was called in put into a gown but not required to remove my clothes. The doctor and the nurse created a surgical field and prepped the area as far up as my ears with the disinfecting solution it was cold but not unpleasant. Numbing solution was added to tumescent fluid which was injected in various points under the chin/neck. It became heavy and ballooned out and wobbled like a jelly bowl. I know this because I had to stop and go to the toilet and I saw this ridiculous sight in the mirror.The first two needles hurt a bit, more stinging than pain, approx 5-10mins later a thin hand held cannula ( a little thicker than a biro ink insert but not as thick as a pen) was placed just under the chin on the left and vigorous back and forth fanning motions were made, some of the movements with the cannula extended further down the neck than I expected a little freaky, the surgeon kept one hand over the area he was working sort of feeling his way, or keeping tension and approx 5cm a way on the other side the process was repeated. It was quick painless and I was able to converse through the process. I went on to have a further procedure.

lipo under the chin was very effective Had I known I would have done it years before my surgeon suggested it and I'm glad I took his advice amazing what a difference the absence  25 ml of fat can have..I consulted 3 surgeons all quoted between 1500-2000. (Sydney)

Hi @Shelly,

May I ask who did the procedure for you? I too am having some neck liposuction done. So far I've spoken to someone in Canberra and will interview Dr Leung in Canberra this month. thanks