Tummy Tuck....It is time to research! Need Help!

Hey,

Ok. I am a 44 year old with 3 kids. I am not a skinny chick by any means I have always been lets say athletic! I have a rather big lower gut. I can grab it and it fills my hands.

To say that I HATE IT would be an understatement.

I have had liposuction which did't work. I am now thinking about a tummy tuck. I have the worst stretch marks and was hopping that the tummy tuck would help with them. ( Get rid of them)

Now it is time to research....I have already have had BA by the way.

First....Any recommendations for Surgeon

Do's and Don't ( things to beware of)

The Big one...... cost $$$$

Australia or Thailand

PLEASE HELP

• 2 weeks later...

HI

I am nearly 4 weeks post op for a tummy tuck with muscle repair.  (I also had a breast lift and implants). 

I am posted "my story" on here which you might be able to read if you can find it.

I am a larger girl, size 14 at the moment.  I too had a saggy gut with a hang, stretch marks also.  I had a TT down in Tasmania as I live there.  Compared to others I have seen I think we are cheaper down here for some reason.  I think it was about $10-$12 approx. I do not have private health.  Recovery, not going to lie the first 1-3 days were hard,  I barely felt my breast at all. they were a breeze compared to the tummy.  The muscle repair I had done was very painful, I suffer from motion sickness so the drug man told me to prepare to feel sick after, which I did for about 3 days and vomiting on that first day was probably up there with the worst pain I have felt (I have had to C-sections).  But day 4 I stared to feel so much better.  In hospital they recommended me to stop taking the drugs for the pain as that could cause me to keep being sick, so I was only having panadol and nurephen.  Looking back no at 4 weeks post op it all went very quickly, didn't at the time of course.  Sleeping is a nightmare, I slept on the couch with my legs upright fr about 8 days, once I got back into my own bed and laying flat at day 10-11 I think it was, it was easier.  I am back at work, which is sooner than a lot of other people, but I found the more I moved around, taking walks around the house, down the street the better I felt the next day.  I have not posted any pics yet, as I would like to do it post some when my tape is off (not till 3 months) and I won't post about my PS yet.. as I would like to see the results a bit more down the track if that makes sense BUT so day so good.  I love my flat tummy even with the SWELL HELL I am having at the moment (which is normal ha ha).  Boobs are great too. Oh also, I still have stretch marks of course not all of them can be removed, but I would say 1/3 or a bit more have been removed. 

If you have any questions feel free to inbox or post here... happy to help.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Mmo..DD

im in TAS as well and looking at a TT post 3 caesarians. may I ask who was your surgeon?

I am in the early stage of research at the moment although have an appointment with a female surgeon in Launceston for a consultation. im approx. size 16 and worried they wont do it until I loose more weight.

Hi Mmo..DD

im in TAS as well and looking at a TT post 3 caesarians. may I ask who was your surgeon?

I am in the early stage of research at the moment although have an appointment with a female surgeon in Launceston for a consultation. im approx. size 16 and worried they wont do it until I loose more weight.

Just sent you an inbox Stacy!!

• 4 months later...

Hey Mmo dd,

I have just started re searching surgeons for a TT and possible breast lift/ maybe implants... I too am in Tassie and am struggling to find any photos or people to talk to regarding experience with any surgeons down here!! Can you tell me a bit about your surgeon and experience with the whole thing? 

Thanks ?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi i am also in tassie.. i am booked in for radical abdominoplaty and  inner thigh lipo in September 2016 . I cant wait ..I am booked in with Dr Kode in launceston.. Has anyone had  him as the PS....

I have.  I can't fault him at all.  I had Tummy tuck and my boobs done.  6 months post op and no problems yet. 

• 1 month later...

New here!  I would love some info from patients of Gary Kode, I am 25 have lost 25 kg and have a yucky hanging stomach, no children as yet and not planning to for 4-5 years, I know people say wait but I've worked and and am willing to pay the price to feel good about myself now. curious if he will do Lipo with TT and expected costs, have a consult with Maria Popa in two weeks but can't get in to see Gary Kode until May as I booked late! Any info would be much appreciated 

Hi there i am booked in for surgery with Dr Kode in september for tt and inner thigh lipo my out of pocket will be with private health is $4000 for Doctor  $700 for hospital costs and $1600 for anastetic costs without private you would be paying another $6000 approx for theatre and hospital stay.. I looked at Dr Poppa and she was more expensive but she is a lovely doctor hope i have helped 

On Wednesday, March 16, 2016 at 11:39 AM, Janeogray said:

New here!  I would love some info from patients of Gary Kode, I am 25 have lost 25 kg and have a yucky hanging stomach, no children as yet and not planning to for 4-5 years, I know people say wait but I've worked and and am willing to pay the price to feel good about myself now. curious if he will do Lipo with TT and expected costs, have a consult with Maria Popa in two weeks but can't get in to see Gary Kode until May as I booked late! Any info would be much appreciated 

38 minutes ago, jules1307 said:

Hi there i am booked in for surgery with Dr Kode in september for tt and inner thigh lipo my out of pocket will be with private health is $4000 for Doctor  $700 for hospital costs and $1600 for anastetic costs without private you would be paying another $6000 approx for theatre and hospital stay.. I looked at Dr Poppa and she was more expensive but she is a lovely doctor hope i have helped 

Thanks Jules! Very helpful!  I have spoken with his office and I'm expecting around the $11,000 mark.  Do you know if he includes lipo with the tummy tuck at all? Thanks 

7 hours ago, Janeogray said:

Thanks Jules! Very helpful!  I have spoken with his office and I'm expecting around the $11,000 mark.  Do you know if he includes lipo with the tummy tuck at all? Thanks 

Hello not sure on that one ...i am seeing him tomorrow so i shall ask him are you referring to lipo on the tummy?☺

On Wednesday, March 16, 2016 at 11:39 AM, Janeogray said:

janeogray. i understand wanting to just do it and feel good now but if you are having kids i would rethink or ask PS advise on this. im 6 months PO and if i have a day of bad eating or just a big meal let alone gain a cpl kg my stomach gets quite bloated and has a tight stretched feeling. i am not sure how it would go with a full term pregnant stomach.  i imagine it would feel very tight and obviously most likely ruin results.  thats a lot of money to only enjoy results for 4 or so years. but perhaps ask PS what they think or if results would remain ok. 

On 17 March 2016 at 7:33 PM, jules1307 said:

Hello not sure on that one ...i am seeing him tomorrow so i shall ask him are you referring to lipo on the tummy?☺

Hi Jules,  sorry I did t see this earlier! How'd you appointment go? Getting excited? Any news on lipo? Thanks soo much! 

8 minutes ago, Janeogray said:

Hi Jules,  sorry I did t see this earlier! How'd you appointment go? Getting excited? Any news on lipo? Thanks soo much! 

Hi  appointment went really good . Doctor has talked me into having BL as well as tt and lipo .. as far as lipo goes i forgot all my questions that i was supposed to ask him because i was side tracked with adding BL sorry ....i got in the car and thought ohh noo i forgot to ask questions... He is very nice to deal with.. I am so excited now i cant wait .. could you let me know how you go with Dr Poppa will be interesting to see her prices . Good luck with your appt ?

2 hours ago, jules1307 said:

Hi  appointment went really good . Doctor has talked me into having BL as well as tt and lipo .. as far as lipo goes i forgot all my questions that i was supposed to ask him because i was side tracked with adding BL sorry ....i got in the car and thought ohh noo i forgot to ask questions... He is very nice to deal with.. I am so excited now i cant wait .. could you let me know how you go with Dr Poppa will be interesting to see her prices . Good luck with your appt ?

It's all good! 

I've just been on the phone to his office and they have been great and have moved my appointment to April! With possible surgery in May! I'm very excited also! I will still see Poppa but as Dr Kode's staff are willing to pull strings for me it will have to be a significant reason not to go ahead with him! ?

1 hour ago, Janeogray said:

It's all good! 

I've just been on the phone to his office and they have been great and have moved my appointment to April! With possible surgery in May! I'm very excited also! I will still see Poppa but as Dr Kode's staff are willing to pull strings for me it will have to be a significant reason not to go ahead with him! ?

Yay thats good . Sarah in the office is great to deal with..please please pleas keep me posted if you go with Dr Kode ..I would love to hear from someone who actually has used him for surgery would love to see results if thats ok . It is hard to find people here to talk to who have gone to him .. you lucky thing thats not far away ihave had to do the private health thing the waiting is terrible ... 6 months to go ?

8 hours ago, jules1307 said:

Yay thats good . Sarah in the office is great to deal with..please please pleas keep me posted if you go with Dr Kode ..I would love to hear from someone who actually has used him for surgery would love to see results if thats ok . It is hard to find people here to talk to who have gone to him .. you lucky thing thats not far away ihave had to do the private health thing the waiting is terrible ... 6 months to go ?

I definitely will keep you posted and will share pics! 

I considered private health but the idea of waiting was frustrating, I started saving seriously and I've hot my goal, but I will definitely look into it again. 

Considering how helpful Sarah had already been, I may cancel Popa consult as I know she will be more expensive and also Sarah explained that having surgery blocked out for me before consult is very uncommon and if I dont go with Kode they will be left with less than 4 weeks to fill the space. Will see how it goes! 

I'm in Brisbane and 7 weeks post TT, muscle repair and BL... Best thing I ever did. My surgeon was lily Vrtik and she is totally amazing. I'm 37 mum of 4 and lost close to 30kg and kept it off for the last 3 years. If you like check out my before and afters on my profile

6 hours ago, Janeogray said:

I definitely will keep you posted and will share pics! 

I considered private health but the idea of waiting was frustrating, I started saving seriously and I've hot my goal, but I will definitely look into it again. 

Considering how helpful Sarah had already been, I may cancel Popa consult as I know she will be more expensive and also Sarah explained that having surgery blocked out for me before consult is very uncommon and if I dont go with Kode they will be left with less than 4 weeks to fill the space. Will see how it goes! 

Look forward to hearing from you ... i will have lots of questions for you after your surgery  good luck ☺

6 hours ago, Jen Mc said:

I'm in Brisbane and 7 weeks post TT, muscle repair and BL... Best thing I ever did. My surgeon was lily Vrtik and she is totally amazing. I'm 37 mum of 4 and lost close to 30kg and kept it off for the last 3 years. If you like check out my before and afters on my profile

Wow what a difference it makes .. i wasnt considering BL but ps talked me into it .. i dont have much to work with ?hope it looks ok .. what has been the hardest part of recovery for you ?

2 hours ago, Jen Mc said:

@jules1307 I honestly think the worst part of my recovery was I reacted to yet another pain med. besides that I couldn't really say it was painful. I felt stiff and more like an over stretched kinda muscle burn. When I first woke I could feel how high up my muscles were repaired

What pain meds did they give you if you dont mind me asking ?☺

3 hours ago, Jen Mc said:

They tried me on tramadole. Previously I have reacted to pethadine, morphine, codeine, oxyxodone and now tramadole. 

Thats no good ...was that 4 hourly doses ? The reason i am asking is because i need to take maxolon with pain meds which stops nausea and i need to know how many i will need... do you have an allergic reaction do you?