Hayles_1

Dr David Sharp at The Breast Institute

I had my first consultation today with Dr David Sharp at the Breast Institute. I was unsure who I was going to see when I showed up, although I had a brief idea seeing as though according to the TBI website his first day at the office was today. 

I found Dr Sharp (or David as he introduced himself) very easy to talk to and willing to listen to concerns and offer opinions based on what I had told him. He took the time to help me try on different sizes and talk me through everything. Another positive is he is a young Dr and quite easy to look at ?

Overall I am totally rapt with my experience, absolutely confident in my choices and really looking forward to my surgery. Sept 17 can't come soon enough ?

Awesome no it's my first consult did you have a few consults first? Did they give you the same answer? 17 days how exciting did you get to choose your date? Sorry for all the questions. ?

Haha, the questions are great!

I saw 1 other highly regarded surgeon before I booked in at TBI.

I knew Dr Sharp knew his stuff because the consult and recommendations were identical.

I walked in and told him the look I was after then he helped me with the sizers. I had the 380cc sizers on and he said I had to choose 390 or 360cc for my implant (he said Nagor don't make 380 implants, just sizers-strange) and he left the choice to me. Although he said, I know what I think would work best but you choose.

When I looked at him and I said you think bigger? and he said no, I think 360 would give you the look you want better, I knew he was the right surgeon for me. Sorry for the ramble ?

When I booked my surgery I asked for Sept 20 to coincide with school holidays, but Suzie said 17 Sept or Oct 2. So I think the time slots are limited cause all the surgeons have other commitments.

Hope this answers a few of your questions.

Not long now til you see them. What look are you after?

Following this post. I called them today and will definitely be booking a consult.

Awesome! Its a bit confronting taking pics hey? I felt weird taking them but I really didn't like having to look at them to email in- I never realised I hated the look of my boobs so much that I unconsciously never looked at them...bring on surgery!

Let us know how you go x

I've sent you girls a friend request ?

Thanks so much for the info Hayles.  Not sure what I want just more volume since having my son and weightless my boobs have gone ?? so I was going to see what he suggests for my size and shape.  I called them today and asked about the surgery dates apparently he only does surgery every two weeks.  I tried to get some info on Dr sharp but couldn't find any reviews did you see his before and afters? :)

Hi was Dr Sharp able to show any before and after pics of his work at all during the consult? I'm seeing him soon for a consult but I'm concerned that as he isn't able to show his work he hasn't done many BAs..

Following, I've just started looking into the breast institute, can you choose what surgeon you want? And any girls international? Wondering if they do hotel deals or anything as I'll be coming from the N.T.. 

Following, I've just started looking into the breast institute, can you choose what surgeon you want? And any girls international? Wondering if they do hotel deals or anything as I'll be coming from the N.T.. 

you might be better off emailing the clinic directly with these questions as their surgeons have changed a bit in recent times. I know the day I had my surgery there were some girls who travelled there who all seemed to be staying at the same place so I guess they might at the least have suggestions if not a deal. 

Hi hayles I also have consultation on Friday with him would love to know how you get on with your surgery :)

Hey  Lovely, did you see Dr Sharp last week? How did you go? Would love to hear all about it?

Paid for my surgery last night. It's definitely real now and having a slight freak out ?

following this post! I got in contact with TBI but they have a waiting list! :( I don't know how long it would take to get an consultation.....best of lucks with your surgery and post op recovery Hayles_1 !!! :)

I am waiting too. Super frustrating not even being able to book a consult..... but I am thinking it will be worth it.....

I'm booked in for surgery on 6th September,  am very excited,  but am worried with the implant option he recommended for me to get( sailine) as I'm worried I could get a flat tyre down the track, has anyone else had or been reccomended for the sailine option from Dr David sharp